I keep disappearing

PistoldPete2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

I keep on having to sign in... Even though I tick remember me. What's gone wrong

Try clearing your cookies and logging in again, no settings have been changed recently that could be causing this

PistoldPete2

Ah I am still having problems .. tried a different device and  I get a message your content will need to be approved by a moderator. On my ipad I cant seem to make any post now at all.

PistoldPete2

I still keep disappearing.... Maybe I will look at mostyns suggestion... Being on other devices as well may zap me out I don't know, but it seems to have become a problem since the New Year. 

Did you clear cookies on all the devices you use? 

Have you started using a different device/browser since the new year?

As I say nothing has been changed on the forum that would effect this and no other users have reported any issues like this. If it was a forum issue it would effect a large number of members

On 02/01/2016 at 21:01, Mostyn6 said:

are you logging in on different devices? Sometimes happens to me that one will log another off if I didn't log out.

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

I normally read the forum on my iPhone or home computer, but I have noticed that if I log on at work then I do get kicked off on one or the other.

What these 2 said, I get logged off my phone when I have been on at work.

Maybe you lot should actually be working and not on your phones!

Not sure what could be causing that. I can logout on my iPhone and still be connected on MacBook, go to 3G on my iPhone and Macbook still be connected. 

Are you on wifi or 3G when at work?

15 hours ago, Daveo said:

Maybe you lot should actually be working and not on your phones!

Not sure what could be causing that. I can logout on my iPhone and still be connected on MacBook, go to 3G on my iPhone and Macbook still be connected. 

Are you on wifi or 3G when at work?

Erm, not on my phone, I'm on works computer :lol:

I connect to the wifi at work, not sure the circumstances around the logging off, normally happens to my phone. No real issue for me.

Are you on a intranet whilst at work by a chance? (See screenshot bottom setting) This is why it could be signing you out if you've accessed at work.

It shouldn't effect any users just switching between devices at home or on 3G etc.

image.png

5 hours ago, Daveo said:

Are you on a intranet whilst at work by a chance? (See screenshot bottom setting) This is why it could be signing you out if you've accessed at work.

It shouldn't effect any users just switching between devices at home or on 3G etc.

image.png

No we dont, just simple BT Business broad band (with worse speeds than my 4g <_<), I work for a small company, only 2 computers connect to it.

PistoldPete2

Daveo

i am definitely not signed in to this web site on any other device... Altho I may visit the site on other devices I normally only sign in on my iPad. Yet I still seem to have to keep on signing in even tho the remember me box is ticked. I've cleared cookies etc. as you suggest.

PistoldPete2
6 hours ago, Daveo said:

In Safari settings under block cookies does it say allow from websites I visit?

Also are you using the private browser window where the UI is dark grey/black?

image.png

Answer to first question is yes. I don't understand the second question I'm afraid.... But I think the answer is that it is private browsing , ie dark at the top. Would UI stand for user interface ? 

Archived