Boro away

DEL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, boro.mfc said:

hello. boto fan here. lord byron is a home pub. the isac wilson is a witherspoons pub and will let you in.there is also quite a few good micro pubs around baker street which will also allow entry. if anyone has any questions then ask here and i will answer them for you.

I'm driving up on Saturday and like a drink of real ale so can I park near a good pub then walk to the ground. I don't mind a 20 -30min walk.

ok you can either

a) park behind cineworld in the blue bays for free which is a 10 min walk through the tunnel to the ground but a 15 min walk in opposite direction back into boro centre and to baker street. so basically if u park there your walking in a big circle and need to leave baker street is about 25min walk to ground back past where you parked.

or

b) park in captain cook car park in boro centre 1st 2hrs are free then £1 per hour up to a max of £3 to pay for all day parking on a saturday. there you are in the centre and about 5 mins walk to baker street qd4eepchl and then a 25min walk to ground.

5 hours ago, boro.mfc said:

hello. boto fan here. lord byron is a home pub. the isac wilson is a witherspoons pub and will let you in.there is also quite a few good micro pubs around baker street which will also allow entry. if anyone has any questions then ask here and i will answer them for you.

Where's the best place for a Parmo, and what is it?

18 minutes ago, boro.mfc said:

ok you can either

a) park behind cineworld in the blue bays for free which is a 10 min walk through the tunnel to the ground but a 15 min walk in opposite direction back into boro centre and to baker street. so basically if u park there your walking in a big circle and need to leave baker street is about 25min walk to ground back past where you parked.

or

b) park in captain cook car park in boro centre 1st 2hrs are free then £1 per hour up to a max of £3 to pay for all day parking on a saturday. there you are in the centre and about 5 mins walk to baker street qd4eepchl and then a 25min walk to ground.

Thanks 

a parmo is middlesbroughs alternative to pizza and kebab so there is 2 types. the fast food type you get from the pizza shop which is normally greasy and not to good and there is the stuff served in restaurants which is a lot better.

so basically what it is.... a chicken breast bashed and flattened down (also some places serve the same dish but with pork) 

then its covered in breadcrumbs and cooked. half way through cooking it gets a big thick helping on the top of bechemel sauce then is covered with cheese. 

best places to try them is restaurants called uno momento or another one called central park. uno momento about 5min walk from the centre up linthorpe road and central park further up linthorpe road about another 10 min walk. they cost about £8 in a restaurant and come with chips and salad. about £5-£6 in a pizza shop (not reccommended)

uno momento has a bar in and you can just walk in and order. also ask for garlic sauce. its a mix of mayonaise and garlic. goes a treat with a parmo. 

3 minutes ago, boro.mfc said:

a parmo is middlesbroughs alternative to pizza and kebab so there is 2 types. the fast food type you get from the pizza shop which is normally greasy and not to good and there is the stuff served in restaurants which is a lot better.

so basically what it is.... a chicken breast bashed and flattened down (also some places serve the same dish but with pork) 

then its covered in breadcrumbs and cooked. half way through cooking it gets a big thick helping on the top of bechemel sauce then is covered with cheese. 

best places to try them is restaurants called uno momento or another one called central park. uno momento about 5min walk from the centre up linthorpe road and central park further up linthorpe road about another 10 min walk. they cost about £8 in a restaurant and come with chips and salad. about £5-£6 in a pizza shop (not reccommended)

uno momento has a bar in and you can just walk in and order. also ask for garlic sauce. its a mix of mayonaise and garlic. goes a treat with a parmo. 

Sounds lovely, can't wait for Saturday now!

if you go to uno momento as you leave turn right out of the restaurant onto linthorpe road then take your 1st right turn onto southfield road and walk straight down that road to marton road then turn left and 1st right and walk over the bypass. id say 25-30 min walk. or stop a taxi should be about £4 but tell the taxi to take you to A66 flyover at riverside stadium and walk the 5 mins from there. otherwise they will get you stuck in traffic.

Another Boro fan here. Obviously, as likely rivals for the rest of the season, we'll both be closely watching each other's results and hoping the other loses! Notwithstanding this however, I really hope the Rams go up automatically with Boro. The reason is that your fans deserve it. I've always been impressed with the gates you get - despite being out of the big time for a long period, you've still pulled in gates of 20-30,00 every week. Proper club, proper fans.

I also spent the first few years of my life in Heanor/Langley Mill (before moving to the Boro aged 7 and becoming a regular at Ayresome Park) and my folks continued to visit the area for many years, so I have a fondness for the people of Derbyshire. I fondly remember afternoons spent in the LM Miners' Welfare - halves of shandy, fritter sandwiches and skittles. Happy days.

I reckon you're going up no danger lads, but good luck for the rest of the season anyhow.

28 minutes ago, BedfordBoro said:

Another Boro fan here. Obviously, as likely rivals for the rest of the season, we'll both be closely watching each other's results and hoping the other loses! Notwithstanding this however, I really hope the Rams go up automatically with Boro. The reason is that your fans deserve it. I've always been impressed with the gates you get - despite being out of the big time for a long period, you've still pulled in gates of 20-30,00 every week. Proper club, proper fans.

I also spent the first few years of my life in Heanor/Langley Mill (before moving to the Boro aged 7 and becoming a regular at Ayresome Park) and my folks continued to visit the area for many years, so I have a fondness for the people of Derbyshire. I fondly remember afternoons spent in the LM Miners' Welfare - halves of shandy, fritter sandwiches and skittles. Happy days.

I reckon you're going up no danger lads, but good luck for the rest of the season anyhow.

Fingers crossed it's us and you. Screw the Nancy boys and bockers/chavs from Hull/Burnley.

6 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Sounds lovely, can't wait for Saturday now!

They're blooming superb. I lived on therm when I worked at one of the hospitals in Boro a few years ago.

7 hours ago, eddie said:

They're blooming superb. I lived on therm when I worked at one of the hospitals in Boro a few years ago.

Another Boro fan, I have been veggie for the last 15 years and before that only ever ate white meat, I have got to say that parmo's are really the only thing I miss...give them a go and they won't disappoint, as regarding parking behind cineworld it is fine but don't use the blue bays as these are for the use of the facilities around cineworld and you could get a ticket, it's a huge car park with plenty of parking provided your early.

I do hope we win this one but also hope both you and brighton joined by us do get promoted.

It's a great forum you have and I really fancy you to keep your form this year, have a safe journey guys and enjoy the meals...I even enjoyed the take away parmo's back in the day.

Archived