Leeds away

Chris Mills

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice little 1-0 victory and no injuries or sending off please. Let us hope that they do not see Warnock as a wind up target. Ipswich type performance needed. I watched the Ipswich game on Ramsplayer today. We do not give much away, do we? the midfield and forwards work so much harder to stop goals going in than they did under Maclaren. They seem totally committed to getting results and how well that works.Long may it last. Playing exciting football is not necessary. Winning games and improving skills whilst making careful additions to playing staff is the way forward.

18 hours ago, angieram said:

I thought the atmosphere outside the ground last season was fine. Inside was a different matter - stewards and police turned it toxic with their over-aggressive behaviour.  

Got my tickets for next week but not particularly looking forward to it! 

totally unprovoked too.....all our away fans are angels, no drunken loud mouthed idiots follow us at all...

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

totally unprovoked too.....all our away fans are angels, no drunken loud mouthed idiots follow us at all...

My point was that the atmosphere wasn't aggressive, but they made it so by treating us all as said drunken loud mouthed idiots whether we were or not. There was no kicking off by our fans but they were wading in looking for a fight. 

I  don't think physically and verbally shoving around people of my age (or indeed any age) is the way to get us to co-operate. I visit plenty of grounds where the good humour of the stewards helps makes the occasion, even though one or two of our lads might be a little the worse for wear very occasionally ;). A happy drunk is not usually an aggressive drunk. 

Archived