Gardeners, how much?

Day

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plus if it's a new build it'll not have top soil, just churned up sub soil etc with the obligatory brick end and a dug in dead eastern european labourer.

get some top soil delivered, some hoss **** and prepare a nice level base.

then turf the shocker.

you tube some old ground force programmes, it's worth it just for Charlie Dimuckybitch's unfettled busoms.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Plus if it's a new build it'll not have top soil, just churned up sub soil etc with the obligatory brick end and a dug in dead eastern european labourer.

get some top soil delivered, some hoss **** and prepare a nice level base.

then turf the shocker.

you tube some old ground force programmes, it's worth it just for Charlie Dimuckybitch's unfettled busons.

late applicant for post of the year.

I think it all depends how much work's involved. If you're thinking of doing it yourself just price it up at a few diy stores. If you're thinking of paying someone to do it get three quotes. If they're roughly the same you know that is the going rate. Better still you'd have thought someone on here could do it for a t-shirt.

We had a patchy lawn , tried everything , best and cheapest fix for us was to put that weed proof 

membrane down , and chuck about 2 ton of 'Thames Valley Flint' on it from the local garden centre ,

Solved all probs , no mowing , no weeding , did it in half a day ..

i bloody hate gardening , i just have to cut the hedge twice a year , or get someone to , for £80

1 minute ago, mozza said:

We had a patchy lawn , tried everything , best and cheapest fix for us was to put that weed proof 

membrane down , and chuck about 2 ton of 'Thames Valley Flint' on it from the local garden centre ,

Solved all probs , no mowing , no weeding , did it in half a day ..

i bloody hate gardening , i just have to cut the hedge twice a year , or get someone to , for £80

Don't you get weeds growing in the stones. The bloody things would grow on my nose if I stood in the garden long enough.

5 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Don't you get weeds growing in the stones. The bloody things would grow on my nose if I stood in the garden long enough.

Get the odd ones , but with a decent membrane , not much gets through ,

didn't even get rid of the old lawn first , just laid membrane over the top of it, then a decent thickness of stones

3 hours ago, LesterRam said:

my neighbours got false grass, like astro turf and because its such a small area might be worth trying..

http://www.burtsgrass.co.uk/cape-artificial-grass-8mm-thick-top-pick-77-p/

So have we - we made a play area for the grandkids (trampoline, goal net and the like). Hired a roller for a weekend to get it all nice and flat frst, I reckon it wasn't much more that a couple of hundred notes all in.

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

@Daveo if you are renting get permission from your landlord before you do anything, those greedy feckers will have any excuse for having your deposit. (Some may want to help out and pay some of the cost, but not many)

Not renting, mortgage ;) 

10 hours ago, rynny said:

@Daveo if you are renting get permission from your landlord before you do anything, those greedy feckers will have any excuse for having your deposit. (Some may want to help out and pay some of the cost, but not many)

well yeah, I came from Malta I couldn't view the property so when i arrived I was shocked how poor state of repair the property was(looked decent on rightmove lol), so im paying for a Garage that's still full of the landlady's stuff, my conservatory cannot be used because it doesn't look safe and leaks everywhere, It only took two years to put a stair rail on the stairs :angry: regarding repairs not worth complaining because they never get done hence me rebuilding it...

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

well yeah, I came from Malta I couldn't view the property so when i arrived I was shocked how poor state of repair the property was(looked decent on rightmove lol), so im paying for a Garage that's still full of the landlady's stuff, my conservatory cannot be used because it doesn't look safe and leaks everywhere, It only took two years to put a stair rail on the stairs :angry: regarding repairs not worth complaining because they never get done hence me rebuilding it...

Is the landlord "managing" the property or are the agency? 

Archived