Have we become too predictable

cloughandtaylor

Just now, ramsbottom said:

I'm failing to understand any of this...  

I read that post and imagined Curtains in a rocking chair, muttering it to himself

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AnimalisaRam said:

We haven't been tested away?

What do you call Hull then? Top of the league, best home record.. doesn't get more testing than that!

Not yet as I've pointed out we have 4 of the top 6 to play away and failed to beat Boro and Burnley at home. 

14 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

Have Middsbro and Burnley become predictable seeing as they have lost a few games ?

Results don't make you predictable, its the way you play.......in our case everything we do well in an attacking sense usually stems from GT, either through his passing or him pressing up field, this allows the rest of the midfield to move up and link up with Martin and a very good recent example was Butters goal at Hull. Where Martin flicked the ball onto Weimann and Butters was allowed to push up onto the edge of the box in the right place to pick up that loose ball -Butters was up there because he knew defensively behind him we were covered with GT

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Question will we beat Boro, Burnley and Brighton and Cardiff away all in the top 7

We haven't really been tested away yet 

Records away at teams in the top half (Do top half teams away count as being tested for you curtains?)

Derby W2  D2  L0 = 8/12 points

Hull W2  D1  L1 = 7/12 points

Boro W2  D1  L3 = 7/18 points

Brighton W1  D3  L0 = 6/12 points

Burnley W0  D2  L1 = 2/9 points

And if you only count playing away at other members of the top 5 as being tested then we're still top of that mini league

Derby W1  D0  L0 = 3/3 points

Brighton W0  D1  L0 = 1/3 points

Burnley W0  D1  L0 = 1/3 points

Boro W0  D1  L1 = 1/6 points

Hull W0  D0  L1 = 0/3 points

I'm sure you'll still find some way to say we still haven't been tested away or some rubbish

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Yay...

Right, I think this is the answer...

Because the league finishes in May!

I think that answers why it doesn't matter that we're not top. The answer to why we're not top right now is because we had a poor start to the season. 

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Not yet as I've pointed out we have 4 of the top 6 to play away and failed to beat Boro and Burnley at home. 

Failed to lose to those two too - despite it being in that wobbly first part of the season.

Hull away not a test? or Wednesday? or Birmingham? or Reading?

Okay then.

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Records away at teams in the top half (Do top half teams away count as being tested for you curtains?)

Derby W2  D2  L0 = 8/12 points

Hull W2  D1  L1 = 7/12 points

Boro W2  D1  L3 = 7/18 points

Brighton W1  D3  L0 = 6/12 points

Burnley W0  D2  L1 = 2/9 points

And if you only count playing away at other members of the top 5 as being tested then we're still top of that mini league

Derby W1  D0  L0 = 3/3 points

Brighton W0  D1  L0 = 1/3 points

Burnley W0  D1  L0 = 1/3 points

Boro W0  D1  L1 = 1/6 points

Hull W0  D0  L1 = 0/3 points

I'm sure you'll still find some way to say we still haven't been tested away or some rubbish

Your missing the point we have 4 of the top 6 to play away including the top 2 .

We have top at home on Saturday and we drew with 2nd team Boro at home and 4 th Burnley  

Hope we beat Brighton at home on Saturday  

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I think that answers why it doesn't matter that we're not top. The answer to why we're not top right now is because we had a poor start to the season. 

Now that's more like it .

That I agree with but we have had chances to go top since. 

Archived