Moan about the missus

Day

Back on topic.....

the missus said she wanted to nip to Ashbourne this morning (topical eh?). I never give it a thought, so about 11.30, jumped in the car and toddled off through our green and pleasant (if rather wet) land. As we neared our destination I asked whereabouts she wanted, normally it'd be the retail park, just off the A52 on the outskirts of town, Homebase, that kind of *****, she's been after some duvet covers, sheets, all the usual stuff that women seem to think is important.

No, she said, I want a look at the new Aldi.

What? Aldi?

Yes, someone's told me its really good.

I've drove 14 miles to visit a ******* Aldi when we have Lidl a 10 min walk from our house?

Oh, you're always bad tempered, I don't want to buy anything, the girls from work were on about it said there's a nice new Aldi in Ashbourne.........

:pinch:

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife never moans when I go out for a pint or when I watch football on TV. She didn't even moan when I decided to go to Cuba with a mate for 2 weeks.

She did fack off with her boss from work 15 years ago mind, so it would be bearing a grudge for her to still complain about **** now.  

11 hours ago, Daveo said:

Wifi there but I'm not expecting it to be any good, bet the 4G is naff as well

I stopped at a different site a few weeks ago, wifi was good enough to stream movies, and play online games. Tip for the hot tub, take some slippers or flip flops, if not in use leave the cover on, keeps it nice and hot, bring bears right next to the tub, nothing worse than having to jump out in the cold to fetch another can.

Can't stand em!

Anyhow it's a bear free week apparently, lots of walking and cups of tea. If she thinks I'm off to the pub before the Birmingham and drinking tea....well, I'll be getting the silent treatment in the West Stand 

11 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Can't stand em!

Anyhow it's a bear free week apparently, lots of walking and cups of tea. If she thinks I'm off to the pub before the Birmingham and drinking tea....well, I'll be getting the silent treatment in the West Stand 

What walks are you thinking of doing?

Dovedale?

Lathkil Dale?

The Roaches?

20 minutes ago, sage said:

What walks are you thinking of doing?

Dovedale?

Lathkil Dale?

The Roaches?

Dog friendly really, be good if there are bits where we can let him off the lead with nobody around or livestock he can murder. 

Dont want to be hiking up huge hills either, I'll be knackered after 10 minutes.

Bit of scenery to keep her happy.

Can only walk the dog for around an hour on hard ground so need some grass areas to keep him out longer.

Stop off points for a cuppa would be handy as well

39 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Dog friendly really, be good if there are bits where we can let him off the lead with nobody around or livestock he can murder. 

Dont want to be hiking up huge hills either, I'll be knackered after 10 minutes.

Bit of scenery to keep her happy.

Can only walk the dog for around an hour on hard ground so need some grass areas to keep him out longer.

Stop off points for a cuppa would be handy as well

Lathkil Dale. Walk from Alport to bottom of Over Haddon and back. All flat. About 40-45 mins each way. You can let the dog off the lead after Conksbury Bridge (where you cross the river). Or walk the other way from Alport then take the last right into Youlgreave (next to clapperboard bridge). Nice pubs in Over Haddon (Lathkil Hotel) and Youlgreave (George Inn).  

Dovedale. Walk from Thorpe Cload car park (tea/coffee etc) to Milldale (tea/coffee etc) and back again. (1 hour each way)

It's pretty boggy up here. You may be better with wellies than walking boots. 

Archived