Halloween

Day

Buying pumpkins, cutting out faces and sticking them in your window.

Setting light to your money to watch it go up in the air, woosh, bang, lights, gone. Have you seen the prices of fireworks? Ridiculous.

Kids knocking at your door begging for sweets, kids sat outside shops with stuffed skeletons begging for money.

Bring kids up teaching them not to talk to strangers, I remember the school as campaigns, the creepy looking guy in a car with a bag of sweets, not to go with him.

Yet this one night of a week you are saying it's acceptable to knock on strangers doors taking sweets them?

Oh hello little kid, sure I've got money, walk with me to the cashpoint...

Halloween, the most dumbest and dangerous "celebration" of the year. Needs banning. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been encouraged to dress up to sit in an office today... needless to say I didn't,

However, a few have. Some look absolutely ridiculous, especially the manager who's ghost attempt looks more like a Klu Klux Klan member.

I don't mind as much as I used to. The kids tend to come around in groups with a couple of parents keeping tabs and they've clearly made an effort to dress up and have some fun. I'll buy a £5 box of sweets for that. What I don't like, which I used to get but don't seem to now, is scruffy urchins turning up looking like they might just scratch you car if you don't hand over a few quid.

42 minutes ago, needles said:

I don't mind as much as I used to. The kids tend to come around in groups with a couple of parents keeping tabs and they've clearly made an effort to dress up and have some fun. I'll buy a £5 box of sweets for that. What I don't like, which I used to get but don't seem to now, is scruffy urchins turning up looking like they might just scratch you car if you don't hand over a few quid.

This.

After about 7pm it's the kids who want money rather than sweets & we stop answering the door after about 6.30 for this reason.

No problem with the little ones, supervised by parent standning at the bottom of the drive.

Just now, Wolfie said:

This.

After about 7pm it's the kids who want money rather than sweets & we stop answering the door after about 6.30 for this reason.

No problem with the little ones, supervised by parent standning at the bottom of the drive.

Besdies, next year it'll probably be me, having to go round with my little one. Can't wait for that!

3 hours ago, StaffsRam said:

I'm just surprised at how many thick tw@s seemingly don't know the difference between Halloween and Bonfire night....here's the clue thickos, the pyrotechnics should be next week!

Pisses me off how many people buy fireworks and set them off as early as three weeks before bonfire night. Those of us with pets dont need three weeks of keeping our animals calm because a bunch of idiots are happy to literally burn money.

Yep, lost count of the number of times the kids have been woken up by something that wouldn't have been out of place in the blitz!

The only decent part of Halloween - good excuse to break out the horror movies and put the fear of God into the missus for a while - tonight's viewing, Friday the 13th, the original movie. She didn't like it.....

38 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

Pisses me off how many people buy fireworks and set them off as early as three weeks before bonfire night. Those of us with pets dont need three weeks of keeping our animals calm because a bunch of idiots are happy to literally burn money.

Soldiers with PTSD too. It really should be one night/weekend a year.

Archived