5p a plastic bag

Day

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what that means, the missus will stockpile the things in drawers all round the kitchen and never actually take any with her shopping

this is what happens in our house. She even bought a thing to put them in, which as far as I can tell was designed specifically (and badly) for the purpose of stashing plastic bags. 

Sith Happens

Rioting really? ?

image.jpeg

Its good to know the mirror still gets all the important headlines right....trying to decide which concerns me most, the 5 p a bag riots or the favouritism shown to Peter Andre on strictly....looks like another week of sleepless nights for me :(

As we have to buy them, does it mean we can return them it faulty?

i.e. Do your weekly shop, get your shopping home, proceed to put a hole in one and rip the handles of another and then return them for a refund the week after

Yep - that's exacty right. Sale Of Goods act says that anything sold must be fit for purpose. The purpose of a plastic bag being to carry shopping

If it breaks you are entitled to a replacement. I have actually taken a "bag for life" back when it broke and had it replace at M&S

The flaw in this plan though - is that you'd have to take all your broken bags with you. Which if you were going to bother to gather up broken bags, you may as well gather up the OK ones and reuse them :)

Yep - that's exacty right. Sale Of Goods act says that anything sold must be fit for purpose. The purpose of a plastic bag being to carry shopping

If it breaks you are entitled to a replacement. I have actually taken a "bag for life" back when it broke and had it replace at M&S

The flaw in this plan though - is that you'd have to take all your broken bags with you. Which if you were going to bother to gather up broken bags, you may as well gather up the OK ones and reuse them :)

You're meant to take back the 'bag for life' bags when they break for a replacement. Nothing special there, it says on the bag to return and replace.

this is what happens in our house. She even bought a thing to put them in, which as far as I can tell was designed specifically (and badly) for the purpose of stashing plastic bags. 

That's called 'a bag'

I bought a trolly from Asda for a quid, will save me in the long run

Good for your health too, seeing as the magnetic locks engage as soon as you leave the car park and you have to carry the trolley.

Archived