Burnley game, midfield

G.Roberts (GR3)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, should never change a winning team but we did anyway, Hendrick is still doing nothing for me, is Thorne fully fit to play? not the kind of player I would want to risk throwing in. We still have Hanson as an option which I would prefer over a 80% Thorne.

Hendrick has just not done enough to justify a starting place - one piece of wing play for Ireland doesn't count as far as I'm concerned. With Hughes and Bryson fit he shouldn't even make the bench. We keep hearing about his potential but he's 23 going on 24 so if he's not yet fully developed as a player I doubt he will progress much from the level he's currently at.

For the last 3 seasons his inclusion has been on the back of being a powerhouse midfielder but I see Johnson now filling that role. When Bryson returns to full match fitness, I see him playing more of a part than many are expecting - he's far and away the best reader of Chris Martins' play which then would push Hendrick further down the midfield pecking order.

Thorne, Butterfield and Johnson look very powerful on paper.Likely to be a crunching midfield battle on monday.I expect some heavy tackles, a few bookings and possibly a sending off. This is the game when every Rams player should give 100% or get off the pitch. If we win, we have made up for an indifferent start. If we lose, it is a poor start with three teams then seven or more points clear of us.

Tip of the day - get some mexican smoked chilli coated peanuts. £1 a bag from Tesco.

Thorne, Butterfield and Johnson look very powerful on paper.Likely to be a crunching midfield battle on monday.I expect some heavy tackles, a few bookings and possibly a sending off. This is the game when every Rams player should give 100% or get off the pitch. If we win, we have made up for an indifferent start. If we lose, it is a poor start with three teams then seven or more points clear of us.

Tip of the day - get some mexican smoked chilli coated peanuts. £1 a bag from Tesco.

Archived