Dawkins

North_Stand_Ram

Doesn't sound great reading, these are taken from over the summer to last night. A couple are defending him but not a great deal of support for him so unsure where these rave reviews are coming from.

Posts taken from the Jamaica forum

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/229047/page/1/fpart/25

I think I speak for everyone when I say I read all of those posts in a Jamaican accent in my head.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Played centrally twice last season for Derby; voted MOTM on both occasions. Started to get rave reviews for Jamaica when playing there too.

Which games were these? I remember him being switched to a central position a couple of times any playing well but the only time I recall him starting there was against Portsmouth when he hardly covered himself in glory.

Can't comment on rave reviews from Jamaica as the only things I have seen are what have been posted up on here.

Which games were these? I remember him being switched to a central position a couple of times any playing well but the only time I recall him starting there was against Portsmouth when he hardly covered himself in glory.

Can't comment on rave reviews from Jamaica as the only things I have seen are what have been posted up on here.

Blackpool at home and from memory when he came on at Huddersfield away.

Dawkins has generally struggled with Jamaica recently (why can't we just sit down with Jamaica and both agree to give him some form of rest? He's had no off season at all), but I saw a fair few Jamaicans getting excited when he first played centrally.

"The Black Iniesta", someone called him. Fanfare of course, but both here and Jamaica, he's earned the most praise playing centrally. As far as I'm aware he was never man of the match for us playing out wide.

I would hardly say one and a half games is long enough to summise that he is a good central midfielder (especially when the Portsmouth performance has been overlooked)

I actually do think that he would be better centrally but still not good enough to dislodge any of our players that currently play there.

I think it's fair to say that having had a CM 'crisis' this season AND having just signed 2 new CMs the chances are that the current management don't wanna play Dawkins CM...

Also...

Current CMs: Hendrick, Bryson, Hanson, Johnson, Butterfield

Current 'wingers': Russell, Ince, Weimann, Dawkins

Can't help thinking he has less competition on the wing?

I would hardly say one and a half games is long enough to summise that he is a good central midfielder (especially when the Portsmouth performance has been overlooked)

I actually do think that he would be better centrally but still not good enough to dislodge any of our players that currently play there.

Well he was voted MOTM there, not saying he's the answer to all our problems, but it does suggest that those who say he plays best centrally are working on more than just a theory. Not sure how anyone's Portsmouth performance should be taken into account, even 10 other Derby players were comfortably worse than him.

I do agree that I don't think he's good enough to dislodge anyone, apart from Hendrick.

Well he was voted MOTM there, not saying he's the answer to all our problems, but it does suggest that those who say he plays best centrally are working on more than just a theory. Not sure how anyone's Portsmouth performance should be taken into account, even 10 other Derby players were comfortably worse than him.

I do agree that I don't think he's good enough to dislodge anyone, apart from Hendrick.

Exactly my point, if one game against Portsmouth is not enough to say he is rubbish in that position, then one good game there, against a very poor Blackpool team is not enough to say that he is going to be a good player there.

Hendrick has been poor so far this season but Dawkins is not a patch on him when he is on form.

Doesn't sound great reading, these are taken from over the summer to last night. A couple are defending him but not a great deal of support for him so unsure where these rave reviews are coming from.

Posts taken from the Jamaica forum

http://www.thereggaeboyz.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/229047/page/1/fpart/25

I love that they call the British born players "UB40s".

Archived