In the last eighteen games

loweman2

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clearly not ! But a lot of this squad were the ones that got us too Wembley plus the additions of more "quality" players , it's got to be a confidence thing it will come !

18 games is a lot of playing time, we should be gelling more as a team, we should be breaking down defences, we should be scoring more more goals, I'm getting a bit concerned that the fantastic foundation that we had / have is eroding and a once in decade opportunity is slipping through the net !! I thought having Thorne back would be the game changer this season so I hope that they can keep him fit, long way to go but let's hope that we win more than two of the next eighteen games ! Not being negative just realistic.

18 games is a lot of playing time, we should be gelling more as a team, we should be breaking down defences, we should be scoring more more goals, I'm getting a bit concerned that the fantastic foundation that we had / have is eroding and a once in decade opportunity is slipping through the net !! I thought having Thorne back would be the game changer this season so I hope that they can keep him fit, long way to go but let's hope that we win more than two of the next eighteen games ! Not being negative just realistic.

its not 18 consecutive games though really ! There's been a lot of change in those 18 games I.e manager , new season , new players etc etc ... plus very unfortunate injury to hughes at the start of this season which I think buggered things up a bit for pc as he saw him vital too his vision for us ! 

it's a good question. What can we do?

One thing I saw Steve do which was different to the other one.

I watched one of his training sessions where he was counting the passes to get from one box to the other, i'M assuming he was trying to get us playing with pace and to try to be more direct without sacrificing the footballing side of the squad.

We already had a good footballing side and no matter what anyone says, we were playing some lovely stuff before Steve arrived. Nigel and his coaching staff were genuinely excited about some of the stuff they were seeing in training and felt it was only a matter of time before it really clicked, the lads were flying.

The Yeovil goal for example, was pure brilliance to watch but let's be honest there was about 15 passes where it was slow, slow, slow, then suddenly 3 passes later we'd scored a 36 pass team move.

I think Steve got us going forward a little bit quicker more often, I think he got the inter play going a bit quicker and I think the front 6 maybe got a bit more freedom to interchange and not be so rigid, it started before SM got here, but he carried it on and tweaked it, that first season he let them play their natural game and it was a joy to watch. Forsyth bombing on was a massive part of that, the opposition didn't know which direction we were going to hit them from.

That's what I think we can do now, let them off the leash. Let them go for it, get the two touch passing going again and get the "transition" (a garbage fad word that I hate) going a lot faster.

We've slowed down too much, we've become too mechanical and methodical and we're not playing to our strengths OR to the the strengths of the players.

We've brought in defenders who we think are better than what we had but we don't trust them to defend and we're sacrificing their natural attacking instincts.

Set them free.

One thing I saw Steve do which was different to the other one.

I watched one of his training sessions where he was counting the passes to get from one box to the other, i'M assuming he was trying to get us playing with pace and to try to be more direct without sacrificing the footballing side of the squad.

We already had a good footballing side and no matter what anyone says, we were playing some lovely stuff before Steve arrived. Nigel and his coaching staff were genuinely excited about some of the stuff they were seeing in training and felt it was only a matter of time before it really clicked, the lads were flying.

The Yeovil goal for example, was pure brilliance to watch but let's be honest there was about 15 passes where it was slow, slow, slow, then suddenly 3 passes later we'd scored a 36 pass team move.

I think Steve got us going forward a little bit quicker more often, I think he got the inter play going a bit quicker and I think the front 6 maybe got a bit more freedom to interchange and not be so rigid, it started before SM got here, but he carried it on and tweaked it, that first season he let them play their natural game and it was a joy to watch. Forsyth bombing on was a massive part of that, the opposition didn't know which direction we were going to hit them from.

That's what I think we can do now, let them off the leash. Let them go for it, get the two touch passing going again and get the "transition" (a garbage fad word that I hate) going a lot faster.

We've slowed down too much, we've become too mechanical and methodical and we're not playing to our strengths OR to the the strengths of the players.

We've brought in defenders who we think are better than what we had but we don't trust them to defend and we're sacrificing their natural attacking instincts.

Set them free.

meant what can we fans do? 

meant what can we fans do? 

Ahhh,

In that case not a lot more than most of you are doing now. Turn up in impressive numbers and try to create a cracking atmosphere. Keep getting behind the players while you're at the game irrespective of how you think things are going.

Maybe there is one thing you can do better, do your best to have a quiet word with the ****** who abuse their own players but do it carefully and politely so there's no risk of a chinning ;-)

Who remembers when Sven was at Leicester and was tipped as title favourites after afew lustrous signings and loans but finished 10th? Derby WILL reach the same heights (Leicester of current) It's just a question of when.

Maybe signing in an inexperienced manager (when searching for promotion) wasn't the best decision, But this is where we are at.

We need to bite the bullet, And play our role as the 12th man. Start of last season, We had a bond with the players, And it's a bond that should still remain when it gets tough, Not just tarnish it because things haven't gone our way.

Lets support the lads next match because that's whats Guna kick start the team, Not getting on there back.

Archived