Do some Derby Fans really want the Premier League

Curtains

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

rewards for who?

What are these rewards?

The only true reward is seeing better players, for the opposition! IN which case, I can see them on Sky.

Do you think Man City would be languishing in the 3rd tier of Football still without the fact they used their spending power .

Why moan about the money the club spends. 

I say go for it as the Premier League rewards for going up this season are immense. 

Who is moaning that we are spending money? Do you mean spending x amount on a player instead of y amount on a different player?

Why moan about the money the club spends. 

I say go for it as the Premier League rewards for going up this season are immense. 

It's not about not wanting the the prem, it's about what's going to happen if we don't get promoted.  We've just spent 5 years clearing the decks and getting the finances sorted properly.  What I don't want to see is us splurging £15m in one season, not getting promoted, and then having to spend another 5 years getting rid of overpaid players on long contracts and starting all over again.  If we are genuinely in the position where we can spend that money without consequence then let's go for it, but I'm not convinced.

Do you think Man City would be languishing in the 3rd tier of Football still without the fact they used their spending power .

Do you think we might see the mighty Notts forest in the third division despite spending stupid money?

Spending is no guarantee of success but obviously it will help. 

The problem is Man City only has the world's third largest sovereign wealth fund behind them. WE have, erm... Candy Crush. But it means going up as a proper run club then DCFC will be around for my kids to enjoy, or despair. 

They were taken over when they were already a stabilised PL club, so not really a valid point. It's obvious that to compete for the title you need ridiculous levels of spending.

You can't stay up in the PL without spending money but you can certainly get there, see Blackpool, Burnley and nearly Ipswich last year.

It's not about not wanting the the prem, it's about what's going to happen if we don't get promoted.  We've just spent 5 years clearing the decks and getting the finances sorted properly.  What I don't want to see is us splurging £15m in one season, not getting promoted, and then having to spend another 5 years getting rid of overpaid players on long contracts and starting all over again.  If we are genuinely in the position where we can spend that money without consequence then let's go for it, but I'm not convinced.

Did you listen to Jack O'Connell on Radio Derby last night he was going back to the Clough years and saying he did a good job sorting out the Club. 

I have no idea what on earth you're babbling on about here. What relevance is Man City to anything?

You asked the question from a Derby point of view? But then answer the question as if anyone else's answer doesn't count, and then bring Man City AND the 3rd tier into the debate, even though they didn't have a pot to pissin when they came up. I don't get your angle.

Stop being cloudy and concisely get to the point and ask the question properly FFS or stop spamming the board with nonsense!

I have no idea what on earth you're babbling on about here. What relevance is Man City to anything?

You asked the question from a Derby point of view? But then answer the question as if anyone else's answer doesn't count, and then bring Man City AND the 3rd tier into the debate, even though they didn't have a pot to pissin when they came up. I don't get your angle.

Stop being cloudy and concisely get to the point and ask the question properly FFS or stop spamming the board with nonsense!

Basically Man City have passed us by from the 3rd tier and more as Derby have been floundering around in the 2 Tier of English Football. 

Just heard Jack O' Connell on Sportscene and it came to mind  

PS I actually think you talk nonsense lol 

Basically Man City have passed us by from the 3rd tier and more as Derby have been floundering around in the 2 Tier of English Football. 

PS I actually think you talk nonsense lol 

So.... "Do some Derby fans really want the Premier League" becomes "Man City have passed us... blah blah".??

There's nothing to debate here. Lock the thread @Daveo

The problem is Man City only has the world's third largest sovereign wealth fund behind them. WE have, erm... Candy Crush. But it means going up as a proper run club then DCFC will be around for my kids to enjoy, or despair. 

Watched Derby for 53 years and we have only really had success when Brian Clough broke transfer records. 

So.... "Do some Derby fans really want the Premier League" becomes "Man City have passed us... blah blah".??

There's nothing to debate here. Lock the thread @Daveo

Yes there is stop being horrible. 

Who do you think you are do you want me suppressed or something .

Am I not allowed an opinion. 

Ronnie is right go against the grain and you get hammered by the usual posters. 

Yes there is stop being horrible. 

Who do you think you are do you want me suppressed or something .

Am I not allowed an opinion. 

Ronnie is right go against the grain and you get hammered by the usual posters. 

I go against the grain regularly.... 

But sure as sausage I don't moan about it when someone's opinion don't chime with mine.... And we have a nice sensible level of debate... Even if I think they are wrong. 

Archived