Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, eddie said:

Where do you get this 'rivals' nonsense from? And where do you get this 'someone says something and the universe revolves around that person's statement in order to change the outcome' nonsense from as well?

You'll be telling us that prayer works next.

What you blabbing on about Eddie?

I just thought it was quite ironic that Hull - a promotion rival - found a late winner after mocking them. Reminds me of that Bournemouth thread last year. That was so embarrassing.

And also actually hilarious for them considering how things turned out.

How that big donkey upfront scored I never know...

QPR are a team full of mercenaries...

Harry Macguire is streets ahead of Lewis Dunk at Brighton... 

29 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

What you blabbing on about Eddie?

I just thought it was quite ironic that Hull - a promotion rival - found a late winner after mocking them. Reminds me of that Bournemouth thread last year. That was so embarrassing.

And also actually hilarious for them considering how things turned out.

We came from behind to draw at Bournemouth - bringing on Dawkins brought us back into it, so I wasn't aware what was being posted at the time (you know, what with me going to games and all that ;)). Anyway, after the game, on the bus back into town and in the pub afterwards, the Bournemouth fans were saying how they thought that we were certainties to go up and they felt that they would end up in the playoffs.

I don't think there's much likelihood that a bit of random nonsense posted on the internet might influence the empirical laws of the universe to alter themselves spontaneously, but perhaps things work a little differently in Mexico.

:D

36 minutes ago, eddie said:

We came from behind to draw at Bournemouth - bringing on Dawkins brought us back into it, so I wasn't aware what was being posted at the time (you know, what with me going to games and all that ;)). Anyway, after the game, on the bus back into town and in the pub afterwards, the Bournemouth fans were saying how they thought that we were certainties to go up and they felt that they would end up in the playoffs.

I don't think there's much likelihood that a bit of random nonsense posted on the internet might influence the empirical laws of the universe to alter themselves spontaneously, but perhaps things work a little differently in Mexico.

:D

It wasn't that game, it was their five-match winless run after and the 'Thank You Bournemouth' thread which was posted on here in the midst of all that which gave them a barrel full of ammunition to laugh at us.

What we say has no impact on the results. Of course it doesn't. But it makes us look totally stupid when things quickly change. And given our past history, I'm surprised people don't have a little more humility.

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

It wasn't that game, it was their five-match winless run after and the 'Thank You Bournemouth' thread which was posted on here in the midst of all that which gave them a barrel full of ammunition to laugh at us.

What we say has no impact on the results. Of course it doesn't. But it makes us look totally stupid when things quickly change. And given our past history, I'm surprised people don't have a little more humility.

I don't mind who I laugh at - the fact that we have a bunch of knowitall dickwads who come out with outrageous statements doesn't really reflect on the whole club, but it sometimes seems that way. Anyway, I'm just as likely to be mocking them as the fans of other clubs, so let them keep it coming. After all, a messageboard isn't just for the exchange of sensible information - otherwise I wouldn't exist.

Just now, Shuff264 said:

They just seem to make the wrong decision every time.

They cant seem to pass a ball, Benteke couldnt control a ball to save his life and the midfield just look lost.

Think Liverpool signed the wrong big Belgian... maybe they should try smuggle Lukaku across Stanley park.

4 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Atletico Madrid are top of la liga again. Shows that money doesn't guarantee success.

Nothing is won in January...

Archived