Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It's all in our own hands. Relax and enjoy the ride. The Rams are going up........see you at Wembley.

True when the gods are against you there is nothing you can do.

Just look at Dortmund last night.

Got to admit the luck some teams enjoy is ridiculous... when was the last time we had a last gasp winner, our luck is always low as well, even stone wall penalties aren't given and we've usually been on top when they go against and then conceded a little time after 

it'd be nice for us to get that bit of luck in a playoff final, 90+4 heading for extra time... "MARTIN!!... UN-BELIEVABLE" as the camera pans to the Burnley fans hiding under scarves... :lol:

1 hour ago, DCFCArmy said:

Got to admit the luck some teams enjoy is ridiculous... when was the last time we had a last gasp winner, our luck is always low as well, even stone wall penalties aren't given and we've usually been on top when they go against and then conceded a little time after 

it'd be nice for us to get that bit of luck in a playoff final, 90+4 heading for extra time... "MARTIN!!... UN-BELIEVABLE" as the camera pans to the Burnley fans hiding under scarves... :lol:

If I'm honest I think teams with a winning momentum create their own luck. I certainly don't think anyone can blame our failure at not being in the top three now on not getting our share of luck.

10 hours ago, Phoenix said:

So that's M'boro with a 95th minute winner and Hull with a 93rd minute winner this week. What chance do we stand against luck like that?

10 hours ago, DCFCArmy said:

So did the ball just magically fly into the net or something? What's lucky about scoring a perfectly legitimate goal, be it in the first minute or last? I'm sure no-one would say we were lucky if we worked hard to get a last-gasp winner...

I can remember Derby getting a late equaliser against Boro early on in the season, but that was a while ago.

Boro tend to have a lot of late drama in their games both for and against eg; Hull and Reading in their favour, Derby and Bristol City against, but there's plenty of other games that have counted for both bad and good in the last few minutes.

Burnley's luck has been mostly about their remarkably (almost injury-free in comparison to the others in the top 6) healthy first team squad, but even they have had some late goals, such as the equaliser against Brighton.

1 hour ago, climbon said:

Strange isn't it... a winning goal in 90+4 is seen as lucky, yet a winning goal in the 30th minute isn't. All goals are equal and all minutes on the clock are equal...there is no such thing as luck!

Luck is when forward planning meets an opportunity.

2 hours ago, climbon said:

Strange isn't it... a winning goal in 90+4 is seen as lucky, yet a winning goal in the 30th minute isn't. All goals are equal and all minutes on the clock are equal...there is no such thing as luck!

I see a 90+4 goal after not really playing well as jammy lol

Boro probably did deserved their late goal after all the pressure, and I wasn't as bothered by Boro's tbh, but Hull we kinda do want to finish above them to get the home leg second so it was a kick in the teeth for that really. 

4 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

So did the ball just magically fly into the net or something? What's lucky about scoring a perfectly legitimate goal, be it in the first minute or last? I'm sure no-one would say we were lucky if we worked hard to get a last-gasp winner...

It hit the bar, then hit the goalie on his back, then went in. A tad fortunate, I would say.

3 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Bolton taken the lead against 'lucky' M'Boro

If this Middlesbrough playing Bolton turned up against the Derby which played Bolton last week, we would have nothing to fear. They have been dreadful so far.

I bet they win 2-1 with an injury time winner.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

It hit the bar, then hit the goalie on his back, then went in. A tad fortunate, I would say.

Yes, I would agree with that. However, the point that I was arguing was that scoring a goal like that in the last minute is no more lucky than scoring a goal like that in the first minute.

Archived