Live Game Thread 15/16

sage

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Losing to Brighton with a 90th minute goal. I feel their pain.

Actually,  I think it's f***ing hilarious. They've spent 18 months taking the p1ss. Just been reading their match thread.

Really Unlucky. Deseved to win. Should have been 3 up by then. etc.etc.

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If they do so be it. I watched the game and they were very lucky to win. 

Yes but your quote about having nothing to fear from Brighton inferred that we will be meeting them in a playoff match they've got more chance of going up automatically then we have 

We were lucky in the context of the game but it was great skill by Knockaert to make the goal. Being able to bring on that quality from the bench is the sort of thing that can make the difference. 

Burnley were pretty poor on Saturday at home to Leeds, a side thumped by us and Huddersfield in recent weeks. Thought they were lucky to win that. We've got great mental strength though, time and time again we've won by the odd goal, it's no fluke. 

3 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

We were lucky in the context of the game but it was great skill by Knockaert to make the goal. Being able to bring on that quality from the bench is the sort of thing that can make the difference. 

Burnley were pretty poor on Saturday at home to Leeds, a side thumped by us and Huddersfield in recent weeks. Thought they were lucky to win that. We've got great mental strength though, time and time again we've won by the odd goal, it's no fluke. 

With all due respect Simon I have never seen a ball bobble off shins so kindly for so long. Determined yes, skill not so much. As I say, very lucky, In my opinion only of course.

41 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I do expect us meet them in the playoffs. I think Burnley and Boro will be up automatically and Brighton will finish 3rd. We will finish 4th and meet them in the final where we beat them.

Boro have to play both Burnley and Brighton before the end of the season so it's not a foregone conclusion yet that Brighton won't make the Top 2

2 minutes ago, Inglorius said:

Boro have to play both Burnley and Brighton before the end of the season so it's not a foregone conclusion yet that Brighton won't make the Top 2

If win our last 5 we're up regardless of what the others do.

Fulham, QPR, Derby (H)

Charlton, Boro (A)

Won't happen of course but hoping Burnley drop points to Birmingham and Preston. 

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

With all due respect Simon I have never seen a ball bobble off shins so kindly for so long. Determined yes, skill not so much. As I say, very lucky, In my opinion only of course.

I thought Knockaert was brave and skilful and yes there was a slice of luck involved but we've had luck go against us plenty of times too. Regardless, wasn't a good performance although I thought Forest really stepped it up after we scored. We couldn't get our foot on the ball and build anything. A lot of credit has to go to them. 

1 minute ago, SimonBHA said:

If win our last 5 we're up regardless of what the others do.

Fulham, QPR, Derby (H)

Charlton, Boro (A)

Won't happen of course but hoping Burnley drop points to Birmingham and Preston. 

Your 3 home games are eminently winnable our away record is abysmal Charlton away is also eminently winnable leaves Boro away I get the feeling they will bottle it

Barring a sequence of events that wouldn't seem out of place in the bible, we won't be going up automatically. In that event, I'd rather see Burnley and Boro' go up. If for no other reason than I'm f**king sick of them beating us.

Brighton, Hull, Sheff Wed, we can beat. Burnley, Boro', only when the planets are all aligned and Halley's Comet smashes one into another into another trick-shot-stylee.

Archived