Gaming

SaintRam

49 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

You can play crash bandicoot in uncharted 4.

What you mean there is a crash bandicoot for PS4?

I've played the other uncharteds which I liked (love tomb raiders as well) but what I found annoying about uncharted is when you are stuck on a puzzle it gives you hints after about 5 minutes. I'm one of these old skoolers that will happily spend hours and hours trying to figure out a solution until I eventually get it. I don't need help after 5 minutes. Other than that I loved uncharted.

20 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

What you mean there is a crash bandicoot for PS4?

I've played the other uncharteds which I liked (love tomb raiders as well) but what I found annoying about uncharted is when you are stuck on a puzzle it gives you hints after about 5 minutes. I'm one of these old skoolers that will happily spend hours and hours trying to figure out a solution until I eventually get it. I don't need help after 5 minutes. Other than that I loved uncharted.

No in uncharted 4 you get to play a little bit of crash bandicoot on a PlayStation erm, one. That grey one from the 90's. They're both naughty dog games.

Yeah most games these days aren't really challenging at all. I think Uncharted just wants to be a quick, breezy experience though which I can understand.

On the other hand I can remember being stuck on Broken Sword for absolutely ages because I needed to pick something barely visible up up off the floor. 

So I love a good open world game. Played a lot of Skyrim on 360, so not too interested in getting that again. Fallout 4 seems too similar, not sure I'm into playing another game set mainly in abandoned wasteland. 

Are there any open world games out there for the Xbox One? Recommendations welcome, and don't have to be new games, chances are if they've been out in last couple of years, I haven't played them yet...

14 hours ago, r4derby said:

So I love a good open world game. Played a lot of Skyrim on 360, so not too interested in getting that again. Fallout 4 seems too similar, not sure I'm into playing another game set mainly in abandoned wasteland. 

Are there any open world games out there for the Xbox One? Recommendations welcome, and don't have to be new games, chances are if they've been out in last couple of years, I haven't played them yet...

Witcher 3. Possibly the best game I've ever played

6 hours ago, Lord_Ram said:

Witcher 3. Possibly the best game I've ever played

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Witcher 3, Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, Skyrim SE (though I see you mentioned that already), The Division.

Cheers for these. Is Witcher 3 an appropriate game to have on with the mrs in the room?  ok with action, language to an extent, but nudity and the like is a no no! (I know Witcher has certain scenes but can these be skipped etc)

On 11/11/2016 at 12:33, mrdave85 said:

Agreed, but I allowed myself to be fooled again. Because, Batman. 

Their best one IMO was Wolf Among Us. 

Wolf Amongs Us easily the best one; Tales from the Borderlands also great and I've enjoyed the Walking Dead ones although they weren't as good.

Game of Thrones one was poor, because there were too many characters you knew you couldn't interfere with the timelines with. Generally choosing something other than the "right" choice meant you got to watch an interesting death scene and then restart. 

Batman less so, to be honest. Some choices turn out to be pointless, but that's always true in any story. I've done the first 3 episodes a few times and different choices are changing the story line including some of the major plot points. 

If in a story, for example, you choose to save someone and then that person dies anyway - it doesn't make it a pointless choice. Perhaps choosing to not save them changes the plotline from that point on, even if only subtly. Sometimes the options to save people are in place to showcase your/the character's naivety. 

I'm not going to give my rating to Batman until I've played it all but so far it's an improvement on GoT. Has a long way to go to meet the standards of Wolf Among Us though. 

On 23/11/2016 at 07:54, mrdave85 said:

I only spotted this last night, and it's only on sale until tomorrow, but The Witcher 3 GOTY edition (with all DLC) is only £20.99 on PS Store with a PS Plus membership. 

I never finished it first time around, and was looking for a reason to get hold of it again. Can't wait to crack on with it again. :)

One of the best games ever made.

On 11/11/2016 at 12:24, mrdave85 said:

Anyone else downloaded the Telltale Batman Series?

I'm a bit miffed that it's only the 3rd episode and already it's showing that choices I make don't matter. I won't spoil by saying exactly but this happened literally minutes after making a choice on how to act as Bruce Wayne, plot continuation meant it was worthless. 

On 11/11/2016 at 12:31, seths-cap said:

thats the problem with telltale in general. I gave up with them after the game of thrones farcical.

Game Of Thrones was really bad though.

Sometimes I don't mind that a lot of choices lead to the same destination. Their games are still different enough to enjoy imo whether you're actually doing anything or not. When you look at how long people have been shooting Russian soldiers in fps games I think Telltale are a much needed developer. 

I've played episode 1 of Batman a few times and enjoyed that. 

The Walking Dead still does it for me over Wolf Among us. But probably because the whole apocalypse/zombie genre is what I love 

The Last Of Us still remains the best game I've ever played. Perfection. 

Biggest gripe with Telltale is as @seths-cap said, episodes released every decade. 

Why are we spreading games out? Here, play this for 2 hours and then get more of the story next month...

Never even bothered with Hitman because the episode *****. I don't get it. 

With Telltale if they say a game is out in July then translate that to Xmas.

4 minutes ago, David said:

What makes that even more impressive is that it's such a crap game!

200.gif#23

5 minutes ago, David said:

Xbox One UI is terrible by the way.

Xbox's UI isn't very intuitive, I agree. It makes sense to people who've used it for a long time but I struggle with it -  only use my Xbox very occasionally.