Gaming

SaintRam

9 hours ago, Bridgford Ram said:

So I guess they give you plenty to start with but when they are gone you have to pay for new ones?

Just to clarify, there are different currencies. Coins are used to buy players, or save up a lot to buy packs. You get coins through playing matches and selling players on the transfer market. The green currency known as FIFA  points can be used to buy packs, not players. You get this by buying it from EA with real cash. You don't get given any to start with (or at least you haven't up till now on any game, it's an add on which people can choose to purchase)

By playing any mode on FIFA, you gain XP and points, which you can use to buy things from the EA catalogue. Some of the items on the catalogue are for Ultimate Team, such as the classic kits set you bought with a Rams shirt in. The more you play and achieve in any aspect of FIFA, the more points you collect to spend towards UT, career mode, celebrations etc.

i would recommend going into the catalogue, go to the ultimate team section and see what you can buy with your points (it's level dependent too) I would go for any coin boosts as it means you will get extra coins every game you play to put towards buying players for your squads. Also look at players you can buy to loan, some decent players you can test run for set amount of games.

Hope this helps

3 hours ago, David said:

Question is will people still be online playing or will it be a 2 month that was cool thanks, not fussed at all about single player, only want it for multiplayer

Dipped in and out of this thread so dunno if its been mentioned before but Overwatch is a damn good multiplayer shooter.

On 30/10/2016 at 06:21, Bridgford Ram said:

Cheers for this, I have started buying up a few English Derby players to boost my chemistry - Grant, Shackell & Thorne so far. Am I right in thinking that players ratings will go up and down based on real life performance (or is that only in the newest version of the game?). - Ultimate team players dont fluctuate, thats Match Day mode. Chemistry works across clubs, nationality and league they play in.

I managed to buy a vintage kit pack that included an old Derby shirt with the other type of currency you mentioned and applying that gave me another achievement. 

A couple of things I am still not sure on - although I am picking stuff up - I can't seem to transfer list some of my squad and can't work out why.  Also I can't understand the idea of concept players.  I have added one to my squad but you are not allowed to play a game with them in the team. - Some stuff you are given as freebies, they cannot be sold for coins. You can get rid of them from your club buy quick selling but you get 0 coins.

Also, how am I earning that other type of currency?  I seem to have a lot, is it hard to come by when you have spent your initial reserves? - Any EA sports game will add to that XP bar, it works across all FIFA versions and other EA sports games.

Lastly can you buy two of the same player? - You can but cant have them in the club so pointless

On 30 October 2016 at 09:32, Bridgford Ram said:

So I guess they give you plenty to start with but when they are gone you have to pay for new ones?

You can earn coins as mentioned previously just by playing a game.

I would advise you never quit a game as this affects the amount of coins you get in the future games.

When you can unlock a coin boost do it as they are a great help. Also try finding the bargains in the transfer market and then sell for more.

I've destroyed my Fifa Journey save, put a couple of crap performances in games and training to get dropped so I could skip games quicker.

Started me in the FA Cup Semi Final, put in a 10 performance, not in the team for the next game v Palace so simulate it, lose 1-0, dragged into the office and released.

Oldest game save still puts me right on the FA Cup game, no training or anything to recover myself. 

Even tried it on beginner and scored 11 goals but still dropped then released.

Was only 4 games from the end of the season ?

19 minutes ago, David said:

I've destroyed my Fifa Journey save, put a couple of crap performances in games and training to get dropped so I could skip games quicker.

Started me in the FA Cup Semi Final, put in a 10 performance, not in the team for the next game v Palace so simulate it, lose 1-0, dragged into the office and released.

Oldest game save still puts me right on the FA Cup game, no training or anything to recover myself. 

Even tried it on beginner and scored 11 goals but still dropped then released.

Was only 4 games from the end of the season ?

That just doesn't work then.  Is it because they are trying to squeeze the journey into one season?

22 minutes ago, David said:

Then FIFA has failed in it's role as a video game. It should be a fun enough experience to mean that you actually enjoy the gameplay. If you just want to get the gameplay out of the way to see what happens in the story you are in the wrong medium. I suggest reading Roy of the Rovers or watching When Saturday Comes.

9 minutes ago, Anon said:

Then FIFA has failed in it's role as a video game. It should be a fun enough experience to mean that you actually enjoy the gameplay. If you just want to get the gameplay out of the way to see what happens in the story you are in the wrong medium. I suggest reading Roy of the Rovers or watching When Saturday Comes.

I was racing through to get the Alex Hunter Ultimate Team card so I can get back to playing real people, not AI, not interested in the story, heard what happens 

18 minutes ago, David said:

I was racing through to get the Alex Hunter Ultimate Team card so I can get back to playing real people, not AI, not interested in the story, heard what happens 

I don't really understand FUT. Isn't it a pay to win system?

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

I don't really understand FUT. Isn't it a pay to win system?

Play games win coins, use coins to buy packs of players or bid on individual players in the transfer market. Can also sell your players in there. 

Build a team, the aim to have 100 chemistry, you gain that by playing players next to each other with either the same nationality or club/league.

Different levels of players, bronze, silver and gold, can also get special cards for inform players or legends.

You can buy FIFA points with real money to buy packs but you can easily play and compete without using real money.

On 05/11/2016 at 07:31, Broderick said:

How's remastered? 

True to the original in that it's very connection based and can be extremely frustrating as is my favourite maps being left out, guessing they will be a $$$ DLC after Xmas.

No stats shown for how many players are actually online, be interesting to see these to know just how popular it's been. 

Classic game that's milllllllles better than BF1, my go to game at the moment, not even downloaded IW yet.

Anyone else downloaded the Telltale Batman Series?

I'm a bit miffed that it's only the 3rd episode and already it's showing that choices I make don't matter. I won't spoil by saying exactly but this happened literally minutes after making a choice on how to act as Bruce Wayne, plot continuation meant it was worthless.