Gaming

SaintRam

11 minutes ago, Anon said:

I've been playing a lot of Prison Architect. It's a really neat, well done private prison simulator. You can construct anything from a Swedish style holiday camp/reform centre to a hellish death trap. I just executed my first death row inmate last night. Turns out he was innocent, but because I'd followed all the regulations I still got my 10k. That's justice!

I downloaded the trial of this one xbox one, haven't got round to playing it yet. Seemed like it would be right up my street as a prison version of theme hospital. is that the case?

Just now, Srg said:

I downloaded the trial of this one xbox one, haven't got round to playing it yet. Seemed like it would be right up my street as a prison version of theme hospital. is that the case?

Pretty much. It's not quite as wacky as the old bullfrog games and the learning curve is steeper, but it's ultimately more complex and rewarding. I play on PC, but from what I've heard I think they added a better tutorial for the console version. My top tip is to segregate snitches and ex law enforcement inmates. They won't last a day if they get chucked in with the general prison population.

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Can imagine it's easier to play interface wise on pc, but my pc is so naff.

The engine isn't particularly resource intensive. My laptop is currently not using the graphics card correctly whilst I wait for a new fan and PA still runs well in safe mode. It might be quite frustrating with a controller at first, but hopefully you'll get used to it. I've long wondered why consoles don't have mouse optimisation. You've been able to use standard usb keyboards with them for years, so I don't see why we're still stuck with controllers.

6 hours ago, Anon said:

I've been playing a lot of Prison Architect. It's a really neat, well done private prison simulator. You can construct anything from a Swedish style holiday camp/reform centre to a hellish death trap. I just executed my first death row inmate last night. Turns out he was innocent, but because I'd followed all the regulations I still got my 10k. That's justice!

Always been tempted but never played. Probably will now then. 

Have you ever played Project Zomboid? Or not your thing? 

6 minutes ago, David said:

How do you know if you're not playing it?.....

Today I build a network of foxholes around Hamlet and main base and lead a team of 6 to assault the factory at f15. We fought our way through them and found a weak spot in their defences. Got onto factory roof and looked over their whole camp. Called for mortars but nobody could reach me. So I started picking them off one by one until they dropped mortars on me. 

That's my life mate. Standard day. 

What did you do? Wash pots? 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Today I build a network of foxholes around Hamlet and main base and lead a team of 6 to assault the factory at f15. We fought our way through them and found a weak spot in their defences. Got onto factory roof and looked over their whole camp. Called for mortars but nobody could reach me. So I started picking them off one by one until they dropped mortars on me. 

Well. That sounds excellent.

1 minute ago, BondJovi said:

Well. That sounds excellent.

I know right! 

My missus soooo doesn't get it. I think she's a secret Warden. I'm a Colonial you see. The look of disgust on her face I wouldn't be surprised if she'd spent all night building that factory base while I was at work. 

The Colonials need YOU

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Always been tempted but never played. Probably will now then. 

Have you ever played Project Zomboid? Or not your thing? 

I have played a little, but it was quite a while ago on one of the earlier builds. I think it's a great survival game. I can't play too much though because I'm scared of zombies, even isometric ones.

Just now, Alpha said:

I know right! 

My missus soooo doesn't get it. I think she's a secret Warden. I'm a Colonial you see. The look of disgust on her face I wouldn't be surprised if she'd spent all night building that factory base while I was at work. 

The Colonials need YOU

I was online with a mate on Diablo 3...I was heard talking about some legendary pants I found. I couldn't explain my excitement very well.

2 minutes ago, Anon said:

I have played a little, but it was quite a while ago on one of the earlier builds. I think it's a great survival game. I can't play too much though because I'm scared of zombies, even isometric ones.

A good graphic overhaul coming up. 

They added a nutrition system but still no vehicles. It's so slow developing. 

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

A good graphic overhaul coming up. 

They added a nutrition system but still no vehicles. It's so slow developing. 

I know a lot of people get a bee in their bonnet about alpha versions being released, but as long as the devs keeps working on them I quite like coming back to the game every six months and having a good excuse to start a new game and try out all the updated features.

50 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Are you on Steam?