Chris Martin

DcFc Dyycheee

Considering most Villa fans think that Weimann is wasted out wide I would prefer to see him play in the central role and then bring Russell in on the wing. 

Fair point..... but who would u drop? Cant drop martin, only solution would be 1 lighter in midfield 

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this talk of formations is puzzling me... at chelsea psg real.... all played with two holding players right? I think we will be playing 4-2-3-1 formation.... and if this allegedly big signing is guna happen... can only see it being in the central amc position.... only problem is i cant see where hughed will fit in? Team if targets shackell bridcutt and this new record signing are all signed.

Carson

Christie       shackell      keogh        fozzy

Thorne        bridcutt

Ince             new amc       weimann

Martin

you would drop will Hughes. 

Fair point..... but who would u drop? Cant drop martin, only solution would be 1 lighter in midfield 

Thorne       Hughes

Ince         Weimann       Russell

Martin

This would be my formation 

you would drop will Hughes. 

Yes and no. If we play that formation i feel he is wasted at dmc and would be ideal in the amc role.... butttttttt..... if this new big signing is in the amc position as i expect it will be, then surely will have to be a starter so cant see where hughes will fit in

Thorne       Hughes

Martin

Guess it depends on if we get bridcutt and if this new signing we allegedly making is an attacker

Thorne       Hughes

Martin

I'd play that way at home and maybe against weaker opposition away but against a physical or top team I'd play both Bridcutt and Thorne. Should help our defence cope better as well as stop us from getting bullied. 

I'd play that way at home and maybe against weaker opposition away but against a physical or top team I'd play both Bridcutt and Thorne. Should help our defence cope better as well as stop us from getting bullied. 

We don't have Bridcutt yet, don't count your chickens.

I know Martin's slowly getting back into training and there is an obvious buzz about our current record signing but is it me, but I couldn't see any official pics of chris on this mornings dcfc offical gallery re preseason training-Merchant of doom I'm not and loving the atmosphere currently but is this a Nixon esque sign of things to come?? COYR

I know Martin's slowly getting back into training and there is an obvious buzz about our current record signing but is it me, but I couldn't see any official pics of chris on this mornings dcfc offical gallery re preseason training-Merchant of doom I'm not and loving the atmosphere currently but is this a Nixon esque sign of things to come?? COYR

No - Martin's been training indoors with the physios

Thanks for the update" saint ram ", stand corrected - intrigued that we haven't considered a 3-5-2  or 3-5-1-1 yet re formation as it could still encompass Bent/weimann playing centrally with Martin and or new ACM   as target link players

Thanks for the update" saint ram ", stand corrected - intrigued that we haven't considered a 3-5-2  or 3-5-1-1 yet re formation as it could still encompass Bent/weimann playing centrally with Martin and or new ACM   as target link players

If we played 3-5-2 Ince would have a right strop. That's all they play at Hull :lol:

All this talk of formations is puzzling me... at chelsea psg real.... all played with two holding players right? I think we will be playing 4-2-3-1 formation.... and if this allegedly big signing is guna happen... can only see it being in the central amc position.... only problem is i cant see where hughed will fit in? Team if targets shackell bridcutt and this new record signing are all signed.

Carson

Christie       shackell      keogh        fozzy

Thorne        bridcutt

Ince             new amc       weimann

Martin

Geez you guys are deluded with figures for Martin. He has done great for seasons and has been pivotal but he's only useful if the ball is played direct to him. Basically he needs players around him to perform to be in the game and is reliant on service. 7m is a very fair price. 

Thorne/Bridcutt as one of the CMs - a ball stopper, defender first type player. Alongside them, one of the Hughes, Bryson and Hendrick. None are outright attacking midfielders, none are defensive. All can carry the ball through the middle. 

Upfront: Martin, Weimann and Ince, with Bent hanging on the last man. 

Ensure the defence is organised and we would be completely fine. Done. Promotion. 

Archived