Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

20 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

the general impression most people have of HITC regarding things like transfer news is that it's just repeating what other journalists have said,

You mean like this?

According to the Daily Mail’s live transfer feed at 21:00, Blackburn Rovers have signalled their intent on bringing in Sunderland’s out of favour midfielder Jordi Gomez.

According to the Daily Mail’s live transfer feed, Celtic’s Nadir Ciftci is travelling to Turkey ahead of a proposed move to Eskisehirspor.

Sunderland signing Wahbi Khazri admits seeking the advice of Newcastle United’s Henri Saivet ahead of his move to the Stadium of Light, the Shields Gazette reports

According to L’Equipe via Get French Football News, Stoke City have seen a club record bid for coveted striker Michy Batshuayi turned down by French side Marseille.

According to the Sheffield Star, Sheffield Wednesday have made a new central midfielder a priority after winning the race to take Everton’s Aiden McGeady on loan.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

The HITC homepage doesn't do it any favours. Especially the articles written by Dan Coombs.

I don't have any problem with you posting the information you gather on here, but the general impression most people have of HITC regarding things like transfer news is that it's just repeating what other journalists have said, and that's not going to be an easy impression to change.

I read a lot of HITC writer's theory crafting posts though, I think they're interesting

I've never heard of Coombs as I don't care for HITC but I've just looked him up. Absolutely laughable 'journalism'. It's like a spoof of the ***** I've seen on there before.

'Paul Merson predicts Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur'

'Kyle Walker sends message to Tottenham loanee Alex Pritchard on Twitter'

'Tottenham Hotspur fans rage at Daniel Levy on Twitter, others defend chairman'

He wasn't wrong on O'Dowda.  Bris said barring any snags he would sign.

There was a snag, he demanded 10k a week and we moved on.

There are a lot of so called 'men' on this board showing virtual penis envy and virtual small man syndrome.  Always wanting to jump on people who share information.  We are all adult enough to read the information and decide ourselves if we believe or not, also most of us are adult enough to not feel the need to jump on someone and call these people for doing so.

Bris, SDSR, Mackworth and Chris311180 on the other message board are the 4 most reliable people on the internet for Derby info.  The amount of times I have seen people questioning their credibility and at times almost virtually bullying these people, its sad.

The people who did this are like those idiots at work in management who dish out the crap to their workers but you just know at home their wife wears the trousers.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

You can say that about anyone if you're a journo. It's quite hard to believe that a young player like him would scupper a big move because he was demanding a wage probably 10x what he's currently on.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

There are a lot of so called 'men' on this board showing virtual penis envy and virtual small man syndrome.  Always wanting to jump on people who share information.  We are all adult enough to read the information and decide ourselves if we believe or not, also most of us are adult enough to not feel the need to jump on someone and call these people for doing so.

Bris, SDSR, Mackworth and Chris311180 on the other message board are the 4 most reliable people on the internet for Derby info.  The amount of times I have seen people questioning their credibility and at times almost virtually bullying these people, its sad.

The people who did this are like those idiots at work in management who dish out the crap to their workers but you just know at home their wife wears the trousers.

The worshipping and arse licking of the 'ITKers' is just as annoying to me as the moaning from the doubters. Ahem.

According to the Watford Observer, Watford are in talks to sign Rennes star Abdoulaye Doucoure.

According to a report published in the Mirror's live transfer feed at roughly 07.00am, Swansea City are said to have opened talks with Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gale over a deadline day move.

Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will recall Arsenal youngster Serge Gnabry from his loan spell at West Bromwich Albion and plans to send him elsewhere, the club’s official site report.

None of this is original info.

why would anyone want to spend their time rehashing all this stuff?

its pretend journalism.

Meh

Meh

Meh

All rumours are rumours... It's like some people don't understand the definition of the word:

a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.

Sooooooooo to be honest if Bris or ANYONE else wants to contribute with a rumour... well... You may complain if it doesn't meet the above criteria...

As for HITC... If you complain about re-hashing stories you should basically never read any news ever... generally speaking you get news from a single source and then EVERYONE ends up writing about it... If you're ever in doubt... Try checking out the front pages of the daily newspapers for a week...

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

The shirt Callum O'Dowda wears is quite yellow for a Derby shirt isn't it?

Not saying it's your fault but to say "I haven't been wrong on anything" is just a little arrogant and misleading wouldn't you say? I don't expect anybody to be right about absolutely everything in any walk of life. Then again I don't expect people to claim to be.

It's like B4 starting a thread telling us all that he won a nationwide spelling bee competition.

I was talking about transfers, of which I've posted only a handful. It's not like I'm boasting a 100% strike rate on over 1,000 deals. And I never said Callum O'Dowda had signed for Derby, by the way.

I provided information, and there was a snag in the deal. Again, if by going by the rule that that one counts against me, then the only people who are ever right are the clubs confirming the deals. Everyone else is hit and miss by that logic.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

According to the Watford Observer, Watford are in talks to sign Rennes star Abdoulaye Doucoure.

According to a report published in the Mirror's live transfer feed at roughly 07.00am, Swansea City are said to have opened talks with Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gale over a deadline day move.

Arsene Wenger has confirmed he will recall Arsenal youngster Serge Gnabry from his loan spell at West Bromwich Albion and plans to send him elsewhere, the club’s official site report.

None of this is original info.

why would anyone want to spend their time rehashing all this stuff?

its pretend journalism.

First and foremost, any information has it's source and is then passed on through others news. If you're going to discredit this, then you should just stop reading the internet altogether.

Secondly, a fair amount of information comes from foreign websites (when dealing with foreign players) so unless you know of these foreign media outlets, can speak their language, then you're only going to hear about them through sites like HITC or Sky Sports who pass the information on.

But HITC also has its fair number of original excluse stories, as well as plenty of opinion pieces.

Only a hypocrite would bash these sites who are providing a decent service. 'Pretend journalism' - 99% of the stuff you hear on the news is rehashed stories. Jesus...

5 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

The worshipping and arse licking of the 'ITKers' is just as annoying to me as the moaning from the doubters. Ahem.

Well that is unfortunate for you because you must be bloody miserable all the time.

What annoys me is people who moan and get annoyed about people who moan and get annoyed about Derby, it just annoys me and I constantly find myself moaning about it.

19 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Been away, so catching up.  I agree with some of your post buddy, and for what worth I too find the nibbling at posters like Mackworth and SDSR unnecessary, because they are guys ITK. Whether that is because they work for DCFC or know someone who works for DCFC is immaterial - usually everything they post is based on fact fom a very reliable source. It might not always turn out as they post because things change, but what they post I trust to be factually correct at the time.

Bris doesn't post fact because his sources are not anything like as reliable - he and the HITC crew secure their information from a range of media sources (including Twitter God help us) and some of that information may have some truth or basis of fact, but as much again, and some, doesn't.  Nothing wrong with Bris bringing to our attention the gossip going round, a bit like Nixon, but to present it as fact as he sometimes does leaves him open to being ridiculed. I quite like to read his posts, but unlike SDSR and Mackworth I dismiss the information as nothing but hearsay and titilation. If anyone had the time or inclination they too could be a "Bris" on this Forum, but I think that unnecessary given Bris is prepared to give his time freely to the cause.

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Been away, so catching up.  I agree with some of your post buddy, and for what worth I too find the nibbling at posters like Mackworth and SDSR unnecessary, because they are guys ITK. Whether that is because they work for DCFC or know someone who works for DCFC is immaterial - usually everything they post is based on fact fom a very reliable source. It might not always turn out as they post because things change, but what they post I trust to be factually correct at the time.

Bris doesn't post fact because his sources are not anything like as reliable - he and the HITC crew secure their information from a range of media sources (including Twitter God help us) and some of that information may have some truth or basis of fact, but as much again, and some, doesn't.  Nothing wrong with Bris bringing to our attention the gossip going round, a bit like Nixon, but to present it as fact as he sometimes does leaves him open to being ridiculed. I quite like to read his posts, but unlike SDSR and Mackworth I dismiss the information as nothing but hearsay and titilation. If anyone had the time or inclination they too could be a "Bris" on this Forum, but I think that unnecessary given Bris is prepared to give his time freely to the cause.

I don't get my information from other news outlets, I get them from guys who are in regular conact with agents/football managers and the sort.

Did you think I just had a lucky guess in regards to Bradley Johnson, Lewis Walker, Jacob Butterfield, Marcus Olsson etc? I don't really care how you take the info I provide...

But that statement above is entirely untrue. We don't post 'gossip' as exclusives. Any HITC exclusive comes directly from the horses mouth so to speak.

The two collagues of mine are about as reliable as they come. More so than the DET who reported no bid of Olsson when that was totally untrue, as we already had a bid accepted.

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't get my information from other news outlets,

Bris you are naughty.

you know that every one of my quotes was taken from your articles.......daily mail, sheffield star, etc et. 

13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Bris you are naughty.

you know that every one of my quotes was taken from your articles.......daily mail, sheffield star, etc et. 

Yes, of course I write about them. But none of the Derby stuff, or stuff concerning Derby, have come from other outlets unless I've stated otherwise.

Like I said, Butterfield, Walker, Olsson, Johnson and the Martin non-transfer request all came straight the guys informed.

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don't get my information from other news outlets, I get them from guys who are in regular conact with agents/football managers and the sort.

Did you think I just had a lucky guess in regards to Bradley Johnson, Lewis Walker, Jacob Butterfield, Marcus Olsson etc? I don't really care how you take the info I provide...

You make me laugh Bris. I do think you actually believe your own bullsh!t. Let's take your first "scoop" from above - Bradley Johnson.  Go back and review the thread. NSR starts the thread by letting us know 31/8 that the Mirror says we are in for him. The Mail are also running the same story. 1/9 the story gains wheels, and Sky Sports News say the deal is on. Our Maydrakin who doesn't post much, but seems quite grounded with his posts, says he's at Moor Farm. Valley, who I think might perhaps know Craig Bryson, confirms the deal is on. At page 26 you enter the fray. You've got news!

I agree with Wolfie20 that this is all a bit tedious but Ramnut does have a pretty good point that you over exaggerate your ITK status. As for lucky guesses, I don't think you guess. Why would you guess when you can read the media.

Archived