Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

Nixon confirmed Brighton are interested in Keogh but so are others and he is available to leave

Certain to stay then. Thanks, just the news I was waiting for,

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it'd be good for everyone if he left, as long as bucko/Pearce is up to the job. If the kind of fees we expect happen (I.e. 2m with add ons) then that could go straight into strengthening elsewhere. Unfortunately keogh has and always will be a scrap goat since Wembley and surely that's contributed to his mistakes before. A completely new cb partnership might be the current best option

No, it's only good for the idiots - those who don't possess the intelligence they were born with and can only communicate in monosyllabic grunts consisting of a 'B' and lots of 'O's. I don't like to see boo-boys win, so feck 'em, basically. Feck 'em right down Brian Clough Way. 

We were annoyed when Keogh came in at the expense of Shackell , well i was anyway .

i would have liked to have had them play together . We have the chance to try that combo now ,

so why not give it a shot ?

No, it's only good for the idiots - those who don't possess the intelligence they were born with and can only communicate in monosyllabic grunts consisting of a 'B' and lots of 'O's. I don't like to see boo-boys win, so feck 'em, basically. Feck 'em right down Brian Clough Way. 

or those idiots who can use only swear words like "feck" (and not even the real word) because they haven't the intelligence they were born with to express themselves properly?

Why would Keogh stay? He has taken plenty of stick, his wife has taken plenty of stick, looks set to lose the captaincy and i dont think neither Shackell not Pearce have joined to sit on the bench...so with the last season before the Euros would he really be happy to sit on our bench?

Im not a fan of his and never have been, i will be glad to see him go and he certainly is not better than Shackell or Pearce. Shotton Baird and Buxton will be backups at CB.

Why would Keogh stay? He has taken plenty of stick, his wife has taken plenty of stick, looks set to lose the captaincy and i dont think neither Shackell not Pearce have joined to sit on the bench...so with the last season before the Euros would he really be happy to sit on our bench?

Im not a fan of his and never have been, i will be glad to see him go and he certainly is not better than Shackell or Pearce. Shotton Baird and Buxton will be backups at CB.

Maybe he likes where he lives and wouldn't want to move home? He seems to get on really well with his team mates, he probably doesn't care what 'the boo boys' think. I imagine he's on a nice wage which not many Championship clubs would offer and he probably still thinks he can cement a first team spot.

That 2nd line is just silly. Keogh was voted in the top 2 centre backs in the league last season. Pearce wasn't even the best centre back at a Reading side with a shocking defensive record. I like Pearce, he's looked good in pre season and seems to have settled well, but he has done nothing in the past 2 or 3 seasons to suggest he's better than Keogh.

Maybe he likes where he lives and wouldn't want to move home? He seems to get on really well with his team mates, he probably doesn't care what 'the boo boys' think. I imagine he's on a nice wage which not many Championship clubs would offer and he probably still thinks he can cement a first team spot.

That 2nd line is just silly. Keogh was voted in the top 2 centre backs in the league last season. Pearce wasn't even the best centre back at a Reading side with a shocking defensive record. I like Pearce, he's looked good in pre season and seems to have settled well, but he has done nothing in the past 2 or 3 seasons to suggest he's better than Keogh.

its down to a matter of opinion which is also hiw he got voted into the team of the year, i am not saying he is bad i just dont think he is better than shackell or pearce who have both showed they can handle Prem football too. 

he doesnt have to move home to move clubs and i also think a fair few teams could match his wage...surely though if he wants to make the Euro squad he has to play somewhere.

its down to a matter of opinion which is also hiw he got voted into the team of the year, i am not saying he is bad i just dont think he is better than shackell or pearce who have both showed they can handle Prem football too. 

he doesnt have to move home to move clubs and i also think a fair few teams could match his wage...surely though if he wants to make the Euro squad he has to play somewhere.

If Keogh went now who is back up to Shackell & Pearce? Bucko not fit. Just leaves Shotton. Not enough for me. We would be MUCH weaker without Keogh.

Just to be clear I want a Keogh Shackell central defence.

What do you see as Keogh's 'skill sets'?

1) Pace - He isn't slow for a defender and none of our other centre backs have any, maybe aside from Shotton (ish).

2) Desire - Keogh has a lot of desire and passion to succeed. However his leadership was relatively poor because of that. That's where shacks comes in. That weight can be lifted off Keogh's shoulders and hopefully he'll begin performing again.

3) He is an experienced player with over 300 league appearances and knows the league well.

4) He can bring the ball out of defence and run with it to relieve pressure off the defence.

Keogh was our best defender last year, despite our completely disastrous season. His problem was that he wasn't in a settled back 4, like in the previous season he was. That along with out right back problems caused a very leaky defence. All in all I do not believe we should be selling players like Keogh, especially to a championship rival.

If Keogh is leaving I can't imagine we would go without a new signing or sign one that is purely just a CB. I would imagine we would bring in someone who can play both CB and RB but would perhaps be primarily a RB and slot into the side as first choice RB. Still holding out for Wisdom :) 

Plenty of people say Pearce handled Prem football but he only appeared in half the games that season and Reading had conceded more goals than anyone else. Shackell I can agree with because he played every minute and Burnley had a very good defensive record. 

Ironically if Keogh did go to Brighton then he would partner Dunk. Many of here wanted that to be our partnership a few months ago.

Fickle bunch init. I hope Keogh stays.

Me too but it's looking like he might leave. I hope he doesn't though.

Can't they take Bucko so he can play regular than back up?

The team aren't, but come on Brighton is a fantastic place to live. 

I bet you now you don't have a Pier in Belper, and that's just for starters.

Now just hang on a minute.....

there's the River Gardens and truth me told i would rather have that than the Mayflower Pier in Southampton - which admittedly isn't jmuch of a pier, more of an old Ferry Terminal, but still......:lol::lol:

Rather we sold shotton

Your opinion fine but imo we keep him for sure. Played well on Friday yet people slagged him off afterwards oh dear our players can't win anyone over! Sad times!

Think Keogh and Shackell would compliment each other big time, would be a very strong pairing with a very strong second pairing in Pearce and Bucko. Pearce and Bucko would get in to 3/4 of the leagues back 4, so to have them as non-starters would be a luxury.

Archived