BT Sport

Mostyn6

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much was it before? half tempted to upgrade to Virgin Media XL as it comes free with that but then Robbie Savage is a pundit for them, not sure I can handle that.

I'm half-expecting it to be no longer free, and if that's the case I might knock it on the head.

I think I'm becoming a half sports fan.

I'm half-expecting it to be no longer free, and if that's the case I might knock it on the head.

I think I'm becoming a half sports fan.

I've just checked (thanks to this thread) because I'm on Virgin XL and it is still going to be free.

To be fair after the billions they have spent on champions league rights they weren't going to give it away for free

Actually they are....for some games ;)

There is a new BT Sport channel launching that will be free to view for some games, most likely the really dull games but IIRC there is a set amount that has to be free (because of ITV not having any of the FTA matches)

I believe they have to put every English team on at least once for free. To be fair they aren't being discreet about their plans, if you buy their Broadband its a lot cheaper, as it is with their mobile and once EE is on board the more you buy from them the cheaper things are, just like virgin and sky really

How much was it before? half tempted to upgrade to Virgin Media XL as it comes free with that but then Robbie Savage is a pundit for them, not sure I can handle that.

no don't Virgin are ringing customers about a new super duper package coming soon !!!

#ITK

I'd rather have sex with a chainsaw than touch BT again. 

I might ring the call center in India to let them know I'm streaming the Champions League Final. I can do that now because my Internet actually works. My bill is actually not made up by a monkey on a typewriter anymore.

Then I'll explain it again. 

And again. 

Then again in. SLOW. BASIC. LOUD. ENGLISH.

bit of a warning here. Anyone who is currently signed up to BTSport for free because you have BT broadband will be charged from August 1st, a monthly fee of £10.

sneaky ******* told me mine would be free for 12 months when I renewed BT broadband, then sent me an email to tell me of the price change a week later. When I rang to query they lied and said the new pricing wasn't known about when I renewed.

bit of a warning here. Anyone who is currently signed up to BTSport for free because you have BT broadband will be charged from August 1st, a monthly fee of £10.

sneaky ******* told me mine would be free for 12 months when I renewed BT broadband, then sent me an email to tell me of the price change a week later. When I rang to query they lied and said the new pricing wasn't known about when I renewed.

Sounds like the BT we knew and loved. 

Had our pants down so much that even the most expensive Sky package began to look dirt cheap. At least everything works, problems get solved and the bull pooh is kept to an expected level. 

BT? 

BS! 

I am currently awaiting response from CEO office ......I am in same situation as you. They emailed saying I eed do nothing and they will charge me extra. Thought it was a spoof pee take email. Or I could renew for 18momths and get sports for free.

Their technology is slow and awful vs Sky. Picture quality not as good as sky

sky will put out a good offer to return, so know where I will be in 12months time......sell the bt box and get new sky dish and box etc 

Sounds like the BT we knew and loved. 

Had our pants down so much that even the most expensive Sky package began to look dirt cheap. At least everything works, problems get solved and the bull pooh is kept to an expected level. 

BT? 

BS! 

I first had BT broadband in Mostyn Towers. It worked fine, but was about £30 a month, just for phone and broadband. The problem I had was that in getting it installed, I ended up having about 4 separate days off work, and they kept not turning up. I was then promised some compensation, in the form of credit on the bill, which never came. So after 18 months I binned the lot and went with Sky and have stayed with them. Their customer services can be a bit poor, but if you kick off, they usually back down and apologise.

BT have occasionally somehow got hold of my number and cold-called to try and sell their services, I distinctly remember a call that went something like this:

Me: Hello

BT: Morning Mr Mostyn, It's Dave from BT just wondering if I can interest you in our amazing new Broadband, Phone and TV packages

Me: No Dave, you couldn't interest me if you tried

BT: Well we have a really good deal on Broadband which I think will beat your current deal

Me: Is it free?

BT: Er.... No Sir

Me: Well, do you pay ME to have your broadband?

BT: Er.... No Sir, if you'll allow me to......

Me: Well, my current broadband is free, how can you beat that deal

BT: Well, we have a deal that starts at .....

Me: Hang on Dave! Are you actually listening to what I am saying?

BT: Sir? Yes... or course!

Me: Well, I've just told you that I do not pay for my broadband, so unless you are paying me to use your services, you are not beating the deal! So can you beat that deal?

BT: Well.. our package per month, is quite cheap, it starts at....

Me: Dave? Are you a moron? or do you have to read everything off a screen?

BT: Sir?

Me: Look... remove my number off your system. I will never come back to BT, is that clear?

BT: OKay sir. Goodbye.

Archived