• Created
  • Last Reply

He's scum.

He's past it.

His wages are too high.

He's unreliable.

He's irresponsible.

He's a poor role model.

He's overrated, by people who seemingly judge talent by tabloid column inches filled over what happens on the pitch.

He's not so much marmite as ipecac in so much as I'm sure you could find some people who like ingesting ipecac, but that doesn't change the fact that it's bad for them.

I will be absolutely furious if this idiot ends up at Derby.

His hard man image comes from stuff he does when the ball isn't moving. 

He sums up QPR. Overpaid and overrated. Decent ball player a few years ago. Just a tidy passenger now. Won't get better. 

The idea that he's the sort of player to take the game by the scruff of the neck. When did someone last see him do this?  Including games in the Champ. 

Like sideways Savage, being controversial has helped his name. His name has helped the latter stages of his career. 

What would he bring to a midfield of Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson? 

His hard man image comes from stuff he does when the ball isn't moving. 

He sums up QPR. Overpaid and overrated. Decent ball player a few years ago. Just a tidy passenger now. Won't get better. 

The idea that he's the sort of player to take the game by the scruff of the neck. When did someone last see him do this?  Including games in the Champ. 

Like sideways Savage, being controversial has helped his name. His name has helped the latter stages of his career. 

What would he bring to a midfield of Thorne, Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson? 

Why are you anti all the time lately. 

Barton has had a bad attitude in the past but people can change .

I hate all this self righteous stuff from people all the time 

Don't know if we will sign him or not but if we did I would give him a chance to prove himself  

Don't know if we will sign him or not but if we did I would give him a chance to prove himself  

Not said a single word against his attitude. I'm saying he's not good enough at football to bother signing. 

The enforcer image he has comes from his "personality". I couldn't care less whether he's changed or not. He's exactly the sort of player QPR are criticised for. Overpaid, overrated has-been. 

People are talking up nasty side. What nasty side? Mascarell gets stuck in more. He just doesn't/didn't do it after the ball stopped moving. 

Players like Karl Henry, Barton, Wright Phillips, Zamora, Krankjar... That's QPR. They struggled all season in the Champ to get these PL stars to promotion. They finished behind a collection of SPL bargains, cheapos and academy players in Derby and Burnley. They then made a scrappy hard work of their semi final. They then spent 70 minutes struggling to keep Derby out their goal at Wembley before catching a break and taking their chance due to a poor clearance in a cross to Keogh

They then finished bottom of the PL behind budget Burnley. 

And with all these PL experienced players... rubbish team in decline. 

Isn't about being hardman,it's about NOT being soft!

Last I saw him against Derby he was hanging on to Hughes ankle, shoulder barged over by Bryson and dragged to the deck by Martin.

Last I saw him he was chasing shadows in the PL as they got destroyed by Man City and Leicester. Leroy Fer was the only physical presence I saw last I watched QPR. And he's supposed to be an attacking plater.  

Barton is about as good as Karl Henry imo! Just a bigger name 

The real hardman of QPR was Sandro. 

Last I saw him against Derby he was hanging on to Hughes ankle, shoulder barged over by Bryson and dragged to the deck by Martin.

Last I saw him he was chasing shadows in the PL as they got destroyed by Man City and Leicester. Leroy Fer was the only physical presence I saw last I watched QPR. And he's supposed to be an attacking plater.  

Barton is about as good as Karl Henry imo! Just a bigger name 

The real hardman of QPR was Sandro. 

Plater you say lol .

You need to be tough to be one of them .

There was a few of them worked  at Leys Malleable Castings and then went to the BBG to watch some real hard men like Steve Powell and Dave Mackay on the weekend  .

Plater you say lol .

You need to be tough to be one of them .

There was a few of them worked  at Leys Malleable Castings and then went to the BBG to watch some real hard men like Steve Powell and Dave Mackay on the weekend  .

​I reckon they used to bring their work with them, judging by the amount of bloody smoke that used to blow across.

You are right Curtains.. Most people should be given a second chance. Non of us are saints and have most likely done daft stuff....

But this fella Barton is just up there when it comes to being vile.You said " a bad attitude"!! You are being either very kind or not well enough informed. He stubbed cigars out on a youth team players eyelids.. He assaulted a team mate so badly his eye socket almost came out... He went to prison for beating the crap out of a young kid and jumped up and down on his noggin when said kid was already beaten and on the floor.. The rap sheet goes on and on... Don't quote me but I think it's 15 or so offenses of assault either on the pitch or off it... 

Sorry, but I just don't  want this kind of person playing for Derby. I've never had a player play for us that would actually see me stop supporting... Yet.  This signing would see me off. I'm gutted we are, as I'm informed, signing him... 

You are right Curtains.. Most people should be given a second chance. Non of us are saints and have most likely done daft stuff....

But this fella Barton is just up there when it comes to being vile.You said " a bad attitude"!! You are being either very kind or not well enough informed. He stubbed cigars out on a youth team players eyelids.. He assaulted a team mate so badly his eye socket almost came out... He went to prison for beating the crap out of a young kid and jumped up and down on his noggin when said kid was already beaten and on the floor.. The rap sheet goes on and on... Don't quote me but I think it's 15 or so offenses of assault either on the pitch or off it... 

Sorry, but I just don't  want this kind of person playing for Derby. I've never had a player play for us that would actually see me stop supporting... Yet.  This signing would see me off. I'm gutted we are, as I'm informed, signing him... 

I'll gladly admit I'm wrong when the time comes, but each of those is a massive exaggeration. 

Archived