Johnny Russell

DCFC1388

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russell on Ramsplayer is telling us that he has been training twice a day. After the first session he goes home for a nap then comes back at %pm for the second session. Is this to avoid the searing rays of the sun at the Training Groung aka Siesta? Is Paul clement suffering from jet lag? This is not Spain our friend and coach.If this continues we will be playing like Real Madrid but fast asleep between 3pm and 4.40pm. So what's new? Sombreros all round then. I am Joking

Russell on Ramsplayer is telling us that he has been training twice a day. After the first session he goes home for a nap then comes back at %pm for the second session. Is this to avoid the searing rays of the sun at the Training Groung aka Siesta? Is Paul clement suffering from jet lag? This is not Spain our friend and coach.If this continues we will be playing like Real Madrid but fast asleep between 3pm and 4.40pm. So what's new? Sombreros all round then. I am Joking

So as other Derby players, which is that good thing tbh.

it's a hard life

I can't believe we passed up / missed out on Lowton for £1m - that would have been great value! Shrewd business from Burnley.

Why that in Johnny Russell thread? :unsure:

walesonline reporting Cardiff will fight to the very last day of the transfer window for him. Valuations are apparently "miles apart" and Russell's preferred option is to stay at Derby and fight for his place. Most signs point towards him staying. 

Seems to me that Clement rates Russell. Probably looked like second choice with Ince and Weimann coming in but he's definitely made his mark on his place. I think he'll probably play as second/shadow striker, maybe over Bent.

Seems to me that Clement rates Russell. Probably looked like second choice with Ince and Weimann coming in but he's definitely made his mark on his place. I think he'll probably play as second/shadow striker, maybe over Bent.

walesonline reporting Cardiff will fight to the very last day of the transfer window for him. Valuations are apparently "miles apart" and Russell's preferred option is to stay at Derby and fight for his place. Most signs point towards him staying. 

We'd be mad to sell...

He will if they meet our valuation!

They're having him doing a diary for the preseason tour. I don't think they'll accept anything other than much more than their valuation now they've put him on show so much. He doesn't want to go and Derby don't need to sell. They'd have to offer a massive fee to take him. 

Russell has performed very well in the first two friendlies, now I know they're friendlies, but it's all Clement has to go on so far. 

For me, though, it would make no sense to allow Russell to go unless a really good offer was made. Three very good players for two positions is the bare minimum, especially when you take into account that one or more are likely to be injured for 60% of the season. Russell hasn't completed a full season yet as he? 

All will get 30+ appearances this season, regardless.

Clement has said Russell is not far sale... I'd interpret that as Russell being firmly in his first team plans.

Seems that is not quite true, if Cardiff have been told their two offers are not high enough

If the price is right then he's gone and for this to take place, -

1, PC must think JR is not in his future plans for 1st team footie and

2. PC must have somebody else lined up, I would have also thought of better quality, otherwise PC wouldn't sell him and originally it would have been a firm rebuff to Cardiff - JR is not for sale........and that's not happened..

Archived