The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Respect, man, respect. You are transforming the image of Derby County. Other clubs will surely try to copy it.

Tbf, we have taken advice and inspiration from Watford, Leicester are doing some good stuff. Quite exciting seeing so many clubs having fans taking on the opportunity to make a difference.

1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

Tbf, we have taken advice and inspiration from Watford, Leicester are doing some good stuff. Quite exciting seeing so many clubs having fans taking on the opportunity to make a difference.

It is a great thing you're doing, as someone who thinks being in my seat by 'Steve Bloomers watching' is good enough, to see you and your helpers giving up a free Saturday to prepare things, let alone the time and effort required on matchdays themselves, deserves a massive pat on the back!

Well done to all at the 1884 group.

16 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

It is a great thing you're doing, as someone who thinks being in my seat by 'Steve Bloomers watching' is good enough, to see you and your helpers giving up a free Saturday to prepare things, let alone the time and effort required on matchdays themselves, deserves a massive pat on the back!

Well done to all at the 1884 group.

Cheers! Any chance of you getting there at 250 on Saturday?! Just this once!

23 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

It took 4 of us 4 hours to put 2000 flags out today

Fair play to you. So you are looking at 4 people putting in at least a full days voluntary work by the time all of the flags are out, for one match! Any one caught trying to sneak one out should me made to do weeks community service of flag planting.

As those before me have said, you guys are doing an amazing job.

It would be brilliant to see the flags at away games too although I appreciate the logistics of distributing and returning them would be difficult.

Imagine the respect that it would get the travelling Rams from the home fans though.

1 minute ago, admira said:

As those before me have said, you guys are doing an amazing job.

It would be brilliant to see the flags at away games too although I appreciate the logistics of distributing and returning them would be difficult.

Imagine the respect that it would get the travelling Rams from the home fans though.

Difficulty is that every club has different policies on flags at away grounds. If we can keep this going, we could look at away games next year.

1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

Well if 1 person puts out 500 in 4 hours, that means they would put out 125 in 1 hour. If 10 people were putting them out, they would do 1250 per hour. 5000 divided by 1250 is 4, so I think the answer is 4 hours.

Did I pass?

1 minute to put 2 flags down? pull yer fingers out and stop yakking in the stands!

Archived