Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine who supports Villa told me today a reliable Villa ITK said a few 'top Championship clubs' have enquired about Nathan Baker. He didn't know which teams but maybe Derby were one as we are looking for an alternative to Shackell? Really good player with a lot of potential and plays as the left sided centre back. Was a regular for Villa during the 12/13 and 13/14 seasons but struggled to get game time this season due to injury and others being preferred ahead of him

In

Ince, Shackell,Lowton,Baird,Bridcutt

Baird to replace Eustace,Bridcutt for Mascarell

If we managed to sign these players then I'll be a very happy person

Out

Hendrick,Sammon,Shotton

Who's replacing Hendrick if he leaves? There's no cover then for the 2 advanced midfielders (if we play 433)...

He wont come to us, going to another premier league side. 

Southampton/Sunderland want him.

In

Out

Bryson,Sammon,Dawkins

Fixed.

I know you don't like me but selling one of our best players purely to spite me? 

I've got to be honest. I can see, like you can, that Dawkins is blessed with lots of quality and should be our star player, but he hasn't shown much in a large chunk of last season. If I'm gonna criticise Hughes, I have to be consistent. Dawkins needs to realise it's not good enough to be the best in training or in your back garden with the kids, he needs to put it together on the pitch, soon, or DEL is right, offload him. 

I saw Tomas Kalas' name pop up another thread so thought I'd post it on here to see what people think (apologies if he's already been mentioned). When he played RB against us for Boro at our place he looked formidable defensively, definitely reminded me of Wisdom when we had him. I wonder if we had a shot of getting him on loan? Could be the defensive RB we need to allow Forsyth to push forwards.

I've got to be honest. I can see, like you can, that Dawkins is blessed with lots of quality and should be our star player, but he hasn't shown much in a large chunk of last season. If I'm gonna criticise Hughes, I have to be consistent. Dawkins needs to realise it's not good enough to be the best in training or in your back garden with the kids, he needs to put it together on the pitch, soon, or DEL is right, offload him. 

He has been played out of position for the most part though. When he was given the opportunity to play in the middle he got 2 motm performances. I would love to see him be given a whole season playing in his right position as clearly he isn't a winger. 

I saw Tomas Kalas' name pop up another thread so thought I'd post it on here to see what people think (apologies if he's already been mentioned). When he played RB against us for Boro at our place he looked formidable defensively, definitely reminded me of Wisdom when we had him. I wonder if we had a shot of getting him on loan? Could be the defensive RB we need to allow Forsyth to push forwards.

I read a few days ago that he's already agreed to join Boro on loan again this season

In

Out

Hendrick,Sammon,Shotton

You need a new RB mate, with Lowton off to Burnley? Like the sound of the others - starting to doubt we'll get Shackell though.

I do agree with this to a certain extent but he's had lots to put up with. Make or break season for him

Archived