Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood has stated several players at the club have no future at Villa Park. So Weimann won't be the only one who'll be going.

We could do with Benteke, he would be good back up for Martin but are there anyone else you'd take?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why did he get released? Did he turn a contract down for first team football? He'd be the coup of the season on a free!

​No idea, they didn't play him last season. Don't think they even offered him a contract. (Edit: They did - http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Nigel-Pearson-hopeful-Anthony-Knockaert-stay/story-26274120-detail/story.html )

Apparently Standard Liege are interested.

​No idea, they didn't play him last season. Don't think they even offered him a contract. 
Apparently Standard Liege are interested.

​Pretty sure Leicester blocked it recently for the player...

​Could also replace him in the medical room!

​As Eustace's replacement, I think he's a great option. I guess it just depends on what wages.

We're looking for two defensive midfielders, in my opinion. We have to be smart who we bring in. Someone like Taylor, who can be offered a deal to prove his fitness, would be a steal.

I guess it depends what he gets offered elsewhere, but if you could give him Eustace's wage packet and role in the side then I'd be happy.  

​As Eustace's replacement, I think he's a great option. I guess it just depends on what wages.

We're looking for two defensive midfielders, in my opinion. We have to be smart who we bring in. Someone like Taylor, who can be offered a deal to prove his fitness, would be a steal.

I guess it depends what he gets offered elsewhere, but if you could give him Eustace's wage packet and role in the side then I'd be happy.  

Taylor would be a good signing providinf he stays fit but I'd rather see Barton here if were offering out prem wages 

Taylor would be a good signing providinf he stays fit but I'd rather see Barton here if were offering out prem wages 

​Taylor I could see signing between 10-6k but Barton would be north of 20k, I'd imagine. 

I don't think Taylor would want huge wages, just a reasonable place to get fit and prove himself. 

​Taylor I could see signing between 10-6k but Barton would be north of 20k, I'd imagine. 

I don't think Taylor would want huge wages, just a reasonable place to get fit and prove himself. 

​I can't imagine many premier league clubs wanting him and I wouldn't want us spending money on a backup CDM for Thorne. 

For a free he would be a steal, would much rather him than Barton who was on something like 60k at QPR. 

Would like to see it as I think he's a good player, especially at this level, think he will want much more than 10k though someone will gamble for more than that 

​If we were to play 2 DMs (or even two 'deep lying' mids) wouldn't we need more cover? So we'd need 4 of them?

Thorne... Maybe Hughes (bit of a waste)... Then need 2 more?

​If we were to play 2 DMs (or even two 'deep lying' mids) wouldn't we need more cover? So we'd need 4 of them?

Thorne... Maybe Hughes (bit of a waste)... Then need 2 more?

​I mean to sign two DMs - I'm guessing we would only play with one. If we're going to play 4-2-3-1 then Hughes would be ideal for the role next to the DM. Bryson would be an option for in the hole. Hendrick would become surplus to requirements in that system, IMO. 

​I mean to sign two DMs - I'm guessing we would only play with one. If we're going to play 4-2-3-1 then Hughes would be ideal for the role next to the DM. Bryson would be an option for in the hole. Hendrick would become surplus to requirements in that system, IMO. 

​A lot of sides seem to be playing with 2 and I think would suit us... Allows the FBs to get forward more safely, and the front 4 to worry less about covering the middle...

I'd play Hughes in the hole though as think he'd be wasted in the 2...

Archived