Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BURNLEY defender Jason Shackell has been linked with a return to Derby County.
The Clarets are facing a battle to keep hold of the centre-back this summer following relegation from the Premier League, according to the Lancashire Telegraph.
The Rams are one of the clubs mentioned as being interested in signing the 31-year-old, along with Leeds and Newcastle United.
Shackell joined Burnley from Derby in the summer of 2012 for a fee in excess of £1m, after only one season at Pride Park.
He went on to help his new club win promotion to the top flight but they will be back in the Championship next term.

Oh look, what a surprise.

Straight swap for Keogh

they wanted him,we want Shackell

Anyone missing football yet? Sort of already forgot about how ***** we were for the last two months and already depressed it's still 86 days until the start of the season.

​No!

Summer with silly season and long transfer window is simply great fun. Just don't read papers/posts too seriously you find the beauty of it.

Anyone missing football yet? Sort of already forgot about how ***** we were for the last two months and already depressed it's still 86 days until the start of the season.

Nope. Two matches for me to attend next month. :) 

​We need a complete new back five. Grant needs replacing. The only defender on the books at the moment that I would hang on to is Buxton. Thorne in my opinion is another Commons and will only perform when his contract is coming to an end and he needs to shop window himself. A croc imo. Prove me wrong George!

I would sell any of this current team if the price was right as they have shafted us fans this season. For what ever reason they had . You don't go from world beaters to one of the worst teams in the league overnight.

The players should hang their heads and **** off.

What needs to be done.

If he plays the same system, then new right back, could try Ssewankambo, would like to see Roos given a go in goal. New left sided central defender who is a leader and  captain. A new left back. A new wide player to replace jamie ward unless calero is good enough and a striker who is like chris martin as back up.

If he went for wing backs then new CB, LB and back up for chris martin.

To fund these new signings sell Keogh, Forsyth and Sammon.

In an ideal world a new goalkeeper, a new rb , 2 new cbs, new lb, another defensive midfielder, 2 wingers, backup striker.

I really hope we get a solid Grant replacement - keep him as backup maybe but his howlers are at a level that you rarely see in the pro game..

​And you have the audacity to call others patronising...         :lol:

Calling for someone to be dropped (despite being our most consistent performer) hardly sounds like giving him 'plenty of credit'!

Also, I was told not to waste my time, researching and presenting evidence because you are in a minority that doesn't rate him.

YR See above - and why bother posting if you just want a pathetic argument.

and as for patronising how about learning some manners, because there is nothing patronising in any of my posts to you.

YR See above - and why bother posting if you just want a pathetic argument.

and as for patronising how about learning some manners, because there is nothing patronising in any of my posts to you.

​1. 4 other people confirms my suspicions that you are indeed in a minority.

2. 'Can you read?' as a counter argument can quite easily be deemed as patronising.

3. I'm not looking for an argument at all, just can't understand your one sided view.
Grant performed when the rest of the team were underperforming; why aren't you therefore calling for the whole team to be dropped?

This story could hold some weight. Barton has appeared a lot of European football shows with james Richardson stating how he would love to work under bielsa

Joey Barton would give us a kick up the arse, if he came to Derby and played sensibly I think he'd do well in our team.

I've quoted a few times I'd like Joey Barton here, was watching the Everton highlights last weekend and leon osman really stood out, maybe with his age and past relationship with us he'd be a good shout

​1. 4 other people confirms my suspicions that you are indeed in a minority.

2. 'Can you read?' as a counter argument can quite easily be deemed as patronising.

3. I'm not looking for an argument at all, just can't understand your one sided view.
Grant performed when the rest of the team were underperforming; why aren't you therefore calling for the whole team to be dropped?

your tactic is to consistently misrepresent the other point of view and twist the issue - see last line 

bye

I've quoted a few times I'd like Joey Barton here, was watching the Everton highlights last weekend and leon osman really stood out, maybe with his age and past relationship with us he'd be a good shout

The way Everton have performed this season they'd be daft to let him go

Archived