We did play some cracking football .

Curtains

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolves were absolutely dire that game, they just stood and watched as Russell ran in to the box. False hopes from that game. We never got going this season, stumbled to 5 points clear which showed just how poor this league was this season. It was our chance and we blew it, come back stronger next season. Glad Steve Round isn't coming back, we've been terrible since he came in.

That was a brilliant game and Wolves came into that on a decent run. First half season was soooo optimistic. we were in amongst the top, showing we could take on more or less anybody, looking forward to having George back for the last quarter and improving still further.......

Actually - we should be feeling similar now about next season.

​Was it that match our defence picked up that technique from?

I prefer to look on our brilliant play myself. 

Wolves were poor because we made them look poor on a fast zipping wet  pitch. 

Brian Clough used to water the old BBG .

​True mate. Brian used to waterlog it. But that was to slow the oppo down to our pace rather than speed us up.

Come to think of it - was it not a wet zippy pitch in the home leg of the play-off semi against Brighton? Our other stand out home performance of 2014.

This could be our answer - sod new players, more funds for the sprinkler system!

​I can remember a game against Wolves in the mid nineties where we really watered the pitch and Wolves' players couldn't stand up.  We were winning easily at HT but they must have changed their footwear at HT because they pulled it back to 3-3 at fulltime.

We never got going this season, stumbled to 5 points clear which showed just how poor this league was this season. 

​I couldn't disagree with a sentence any more. This league was incredibly tough this season, hence why it was so tight between the top 8.

1st goal great free kick from Omar and good header from Ryan  

That was quality football to watch, players, Mac and co was talking about this other day so we'll see more of this next season lol. ;)

​I couldn't disagree with a sentence any more. This league was incredibly tough this season, hence why it was so tight between the top 8.

And had a high points tally needed to make the play offs.  

And had a high points tally needed to make the play offs.  

​It was actually the highest number of points required since this division became known as the Championship. The previous 'record' was 75... two teams bested that and still managed to miss out this year.

i think from Jan/Feb we stopped playing well, even when we picked up points we didn't have that wow factor. Then the horrible run came of course, but for me it looked liked it was coming.

​Bournemouth away in early Feb we played some cracking stuff in second half and had them on the ropes. Think i recall Eddie Howe saying how pleased he was to come out with a draw.

And then the wheels started to wobble.......

Archived