Some QPR fans think they are going to sign Bent

Sexydadbod

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topic title is a bit misleading really, was a player suggestion thread which we've had a few unrealistic shall we say on here in the past. Sure I saw Charlie Austin on here the other day in the suggestion thread.

​Spot on.

I thought it read "some QPR fans think their signings are bent" - and that they'd finally sussed 'arry.

Writing off loans is effectively an equity injection, there is absolutely no way that will wash as they were miles above the £8m limit allowed.

QPR fans should be less concerned about ex Prem players they won't be signing and more about next season. If they're fined (which they will be), I wouldn't bet against back to back relegations.

​Not really, the fine will be less than their parachute payments, and they'll reach a deal with the FL to pay it in installments. So basically whenever their parachute money comes in, a big chunk pays off some of the fine. But they don't need that money anyway because they'll just pump silly money in again and go back up, breaking FFP but the Premier League will offer sanctuary until they come down again.

​Not really, the fine will be less than their parachute payments, and they'll reach a deal with the FL to pay it in installments. So basically whenever their parachute money comes in, a big chunk pays off some of the fine. But they don't need that money anyway because they'll just pump silly money in again and go back up, breaking FFP but the Premier League will offer sanctuary until they come down again.

​I think this is the most likely scenario yes. I just hope that they sink like a stone

Well Chris Ramsey hasn't set the world alight this far, he could be a Chris Houghton but could also be a Stuart Pearce. He may struggle to get players to come and play for him. Last time they had the draw of 'Arry. 

Writing off loans is effectively an equity injection, there is absolutely no way that will wash as they were miles above the £8m limit allowed.

QPR fans should be less concerned about ex Prem players they won't be signing and more about next season. If they're fined (which they will be), I wouldn't bet against back to back relegations.

​Couldn't agree more.We exchanged loans for equity ourselves recently,and it had no impact whatsoever on FFP. It was only the subsequent waiver of interest charges that had any effect on FFP.

Archived