League One Play Offs.

ronnieronalde

It's not right, but usually if the player gets the shot off the ref won't award a penalty for a late challenge. Two reasons for this, firstly the player actually taking the shot allows him to duck out of the decision if he's seen it, secondly It's easy to miss as your eyes tend to follow the ball. Watching those highlights in real time I had no idea there had been a late challenge and was initially confused as to why the United player was rolling around.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​You're comments are bizarre and extremely biased. Are you a Derby fan or a Clough fan? 

The Davies header was close, granted, but Done's 'disallowed goal' should even be mentioned as a chance given he was offside about 10 seconds prior to putting the ball in the net.

Also, that 'two-footed' lunge was neither in the box or a tackle, it was a block and certainly not a penalty. Done past the last man? He was running down the wing with two defenders in the boxx.

I didn't see the first half, but Sheffield United were woeful in the second period and spent much of it in their own half, on the back foot. Swindon created far more in that second period, and scored two goals.

Sheffield United may have been excellent in the first-half, I don't know. But you've just pulled up a hell of a lot of one-sided, biased opinions which you'd expect from a deluded Blades fan. 

You are a Derby fan aren't you? With no previous soft spot for Sheffield United?

​read what i wrote, read what you wrote. it's up above in black and white.

I wrote united deserved a draw.

You wrote my comments bizarre and extremely biased. not to mention the adding that you'd expect to read that from a deluded blade.

I listed the "chances"

You told me one was offside when it wasn't, You told me the other one was outside the box. It wasn't

I said over the 90 minutes based on chances United deserved a draw. you didn't watch the first half but have just seen the highlights.

The stone wall penalty that wasn't given, the Davies miss. That's two massive chances to have been out of sight by half time/

I've not once said Swindon were'nt the better side second half.

A draw would have been a fair result.

Only a blind or drunk Mexican wearing a huge sombrero covering his eyes could argue otherwise.

​I'm a Clough fan first. If you didn't already know that then your reading of messages is as bad as your reading of the game.

​Sorry for being out of the loop on this, but let me get this straight.

You're not a Derby supporter? Just a supporter of the Clough family?

It's not right, but usually if the player gets the shot off the ref won't award a penalty for a late challenge. Two reasons for this, firstly the player actually taking the shot allows him to duck out of the decision if he's seen it, secondly It's easy to miss as your eyes tend to follow the ball. Watching those highlights in real time I had no idea there had been a late challenge and was initially confused as to why the United player was rolling around.

​Whereas I was screaming for a penalty the second I saw it.

He's wiped him out in the box, it's a two footed smashing.

I understand the referee was following the ball so might have missed it, but it's a penalty all day long. He's fouled him in the box.

I know why it wasn't given Anon, so not arguing with you at all but it was a pen and that was my main point.

In my opinion that tackle has got to be a penalty. Not only is it a two-footed lunge (straight red) and a 'scissoring' tackle (straight red), he's also full on cleared out the man after the ball had gone.

Ask yourself, if the player had played a pass to the player to his left and got cleared out, would that be a foul? Just because the player wasn't the one in control of the ball doesn't make it not a foul, if anything it's more of a foul. I didn't watch the game so I have no idea who was the better side. From the Blades Player highlights it seems like Sheff Utd were, but from comments on here it generally seems like Swindon were. Either way I feel they were a bit hard done by with that decision.

​I'm a Clough fan first. If you didn't already know that then your reading of messages is as bad as your reading of the game.

Football fan second. I've got a soft spot for Derby and have had since I was brought up knowing what the club meant to Brian, I've got no previous connection or soft spot with Sheffield United but of course now that Clough is there I want them to do well.

​Just out of interest have you got a main club that you support, as in grew up supporting?....or will I have to buy the book to find out? :) 

​Just out of interest have you got a main club that you support, as in grew up supporting?....or will I have to buy the book to find out? :) 

​I'm tempted to send you a copy for free, after all you've let me "promote" it on here Daveo.

Honestly not, I wasn't really into football, brother and dad were Newcastle fans but we lived in Sunderland and I didn't want to get my head shoed in anymore than I already was.

The team I grew up "supporting" was forest from the age of 13.

The team I grew up watching videos of was Derby County cos BC had a study full of them and it was clear he loved his time as Ram, even though he was Forest manager.

I had to hate Derby twice a season but it was a fake hate.

​Just curious that's all. 

​If you've ever had a really best mate or a brother play for a team, you'd understand why I am the way I am.

I know it's not easy for a born and bred fan to understand it and I accept I come in for a bit of stick for it. But to me they were family.

Its a bit like Bucko's dad for example.

Whie Bucko is a Ram so is his dad. If Bucko leaves so will his dad.

Could be a blessing in disguise losing the first leg, had they been defending a league NC would have probably played Brayford as a CF.

At least this way he hasn't got to worry about tactics and can focus on getting the goal back to put them through.

should be a good game.

Sith Happens

Two stonewall penalties now given. The 'goal' yeah it was a foul and shouldnt have been allowed, correct decision. I hope they win, sort of , i know it weill come back and bite us next season if they do and then win the final....ex derby players always score so they will beat us about 11-0

Archived