League One Play Offs.

ronnieronalde

_82841626_kieron_freeman.jpg

5 ex Derby players on show for Sheff U tonight the others were Brayford and Coutts 

...and thats why i don't get the hostility.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the five ex-Derby players were 5 that I actually liked too. I loved S Davies. McEveley was a legend for his attack on Gunter! Brayford was unassuming but marauding and committed, Coutts played the game like I did (before being rubbish ended my career), Freeman has nice tattoos and I'd have liked to have seen more of him in a Derby shirt.

It's weird with Nigel. In honesty, I'd love to see him get the formula right and crack it. He epitomises what's missing in the Premier League as a manager. I still think he needs better coaches supporting him. Loyalty can get you so far.

I'd be inclined to think those on here only pretend they want Clough to fail so it can wind up those that they've previously argued with when NC was here. Me, I'd only pretend to enjoy it to wind Ronnie et-al up, but I think he's sussed me now so I won't bother.

I genuinely cannot see why anyone would be bitter with NC. I can see it with Billy, and to some extent Jewell, but even he tried his best. Nigel gave what he could. Whether his time here is judged positively or negatively is one argument, but having ill-feeling towards him is just bizarre.

Now if you hate Sheff United, that's a different story.

​You're comments are bizarre and extremely biased. Are you a Derby fan or a Clough fan? 

The Davies header was close, granted, but Done's 'disallowed goal' should even be mentioned as a chance given he was offside about 10 seconds prior to putting the ball in the net.

Also, that 'two-footed' lunge was neither in the box or a tackle, it was a block and certainly not a penalty. Done past the last man? He was running down the wing with two defenders in the boxx.

I didn't see the first half, but Sheffield United were woeful in the second period and spent much of it in their own half, on the back foot. Swindon created far more in that second period, and scored two goals.

Sheffield United may have been excellent in the first-half, I don't know. But you've just pulled up a hell of a lot of one-sided, biased opinions which you'd expect from a deluded Blades fan. 

You are a Derby fan aren't you? With no previous soft spot for Sheffield United?

​I'm a Clough fan first. If you didn't already know that then your reading of messages is as bad as your reading of the game.

Football fan second. I've got a soft spot for Derby and have had since I was brought up knowing what the club meant to Brian, I've got no previous connection or soft spot with Sheffield United but of course now that Clough is there I want them to do well.

That doesn't change the fact either you're blind or prejudiced, or possibly the third option which I've suspected for a while, you're a bad judge.

I didn't say for one second Swindon didn't play well, i said the Blades were worthy of a point.

The first 25 minutes they started like a house on firs and they could have been out of sight. Swindon started getting a foothold on the game from around the 30 minute mark.

30 minutes of the second half Swindon passed and controlled the ball brilliantly and scored a great goal. For the last 15 minutes they were under the cosh and they got their second goal against the run of play in the 94th due to poor defending. Harris was absolutely terrified of Byrne and gave him 20 yards too much space every time he got the ball.

Not a deluded Blade, just someone who watched the full game and saw two sides have spells of dominance.

As for the not in the box comment on Flynn, it's that kind of comment that makes me feel I'm totally wasting my time, if you can't even see when a challenge is in the box or not, how the hell do you expect me to take the rest of your judgement seriously?

You're really just a bit of a wind up merchant aren't you?

the five ex-Derby players were 5 that I actually liked too. I loved S Davies. McEveley was a legend for his attack on Gunter! Brayford was unassuming but marauding and committed, Coutts played the game like I did (before being rubbish ended my career), Freeman has nice tattoos and I'd have liked to have seen more of him in a Derby shirt.

It's weird with Nigel. In honesty, I'd love to see him get the formula right and crack it. He epitomises what's missing in the Premier League as a manager. I still think he needs better coaches supporting him. Loyalty can get you so far.

I'd be inclined to think those on here only pretend they want Clough to fail so it can wind up those that they've previously argued with when NC was here. Me, I'd only pretend to enjoy it to wind Ronnie et-al up, but I think he's sussed me now so I won't bother.

I genuinely cannot see why anyone would be bitter with NC. I can see it with Billy, and to some extent Jewell, but even he tried his best. Nigel gave what he could. Whether his time here is judged positively or negatively is one argument, but having ill-feeling towards him is just bizarre.

Now if you hate Sheff United, that's a different story.

​The problem with Nigel is that he hates to loose.  I'm paraphrasing somewhat, but didn't he give an interview where he said it didn't matter if he won, as long as he didn't loose?  He certainly has his good points, his ability to spot a gem, creating a good team spirit, working on a budget.  But in a lot of folk's minds, those positives are outweighed by the dated tactics and negative approach.  There was certainly a sense of deja vu last night when Utd dropped deeper and deeper as the game went on.

As for his coaches, our form over the last 18 months, where the majority of the squad were signed by him, showed what could've been had he employed forward thinking, positive coaching methods.

​The problem with Nigel is that he hates to loose.  I'm paraphrasing somewhat, but didn't he give an interview where he said it didn't matter if he won, as long as he didn't loose?  He certainly has his good points, his ability to spot a gem, creating a good team spirit, working on a budget.  But in a lot of folk's minds, those positives are outweighed by the dated tactics and negative approach.  There was certainly a sense of deja vu last night when Utd dropped deeper and deeper as the game went on.

As for his coaches, our form over the last 18 months, where the majority of the squad were signed by him, showed what could've been had he employed forward thinking, positive coaching methods.

​hand on heart here, when Barbara passed away, I literally prayed that it would click somehow there and then for Nigel. I was hoping that he'd see something that he'd never seen before (not necessarily something I'd observed or commented/criticised) and made a change here or there, whether it be staff, formation, philosophy..whatever. I can remember when he first replaced Jewell and I emailed Adam Pearson to commend him for bringing in someone so positive with such a philosophy. I believed after a few years that every now and then, Nigel drifted into this really positive and attacking philosophy, and then something dragged him back into a kind of negativity.

I watched that Forest game, and was angry that we didn't give them a competitive game, and a couple of weeks before, when Reading embarrassed us, I was fuming. But when I got to the airport after the Forest game, and turned my phone on and people were texting me to say "you've got what you wanted! Clough's gone", I wasn't actually that happy. I actually wanted one of two things, I got the second choice, but first would've been the last two seasons excitement and quality, but under NC. 

There's yet to be a Derby manager who hasn't annoyed me by saying something stupid in the media, Nigel was no different. He could've been cuter, and more passionate, but those ultimately didn't make him a good or a bad manager.

It's just a shame, I think he was a lot closer than he looked. But, I also think he was holding himself back and limiting himself by not reviewing what was going on around him and who was close by him.

Of course you being the font of all knowledge Bris.

I thought you might watch this and point out a) where Done was offside before his disallowed goal

and B) where Flynn was outside of the box in that two footed lunge.

ffs, and you try to come across as if you know what you're talking about.

Bumped

@Bris Vegas. you've gone pretty quiet on this thread for someone usually so keen to display your footballing knowledge.

I'm sure by now you've had chance to watch the Flynn challenge again, still adamant it's outside the box?

​You'll never get a reply from on this point because he's in the wrong.

He had a vendetta against our former manager after about 3~4 months into his tenure and still carries it now. How sad.

And you talk about his footballing knowledge...his what?! Have you read any of his articles? Not only do they lack any substance, they are about as articulate as an 8yr old can produce.

It was not offside but correct decision  on foul though. 

​I can't really disagree although I thought it was soft. In my opinion the defender has fallen over too easily. But I've seen those given as fouls more often than not.

Shocking inconsistency from the ref though. Especially when compared to the "foul" he didn't give for Murphy in the first half which was stronger contact. And the two footed lunge is a really poor challenge and should have been carded.

Anyway like i said on chances created and decision given/not given United deserved to draw the game.

There'll be another chance to have a go at Clough tonight though so happy days..

Would like Swindon to come up personally. I have no attachment or any sort of feeling towards them it's simply a close away ground for me, and one that I've never been.

I can't see Swindon pulling up any trees like Brentford & Wolves (not that I can see Preston or Sheff Utd doing that either) but with Cardiff, Bristol City & Swindon in the league I'll have a few decent away games that'll be worth getting out of the armchair in Cardiff for! ;)

Bumped

@Bris Vegas. you've gone pretty quiet on this thread for someone usually so keen to display your footballing knowledge.

I'm sure by now you've had chance to watch the Flynn challenge again, still adamant it's outside the box?

​The forum has been offline for me over the past 48 hours or so, but other than that my weekend's are jam-packed with work.

I haven't seen any of the replays for the League One playoff games so I'll stick to what I originally said. 

​You'll never get a reply from on this point because he's in the wrong.

He had a vendetta against our former manager after about 3~4 months into his tenure and still carries it now. How sad.

And you talk about his footballing knowledge...his what?! Have you read any of his articles? Not only do they lack any substance, they are about as articulate as an 8yr old can produce.

​What vendetta? I have nothing against Clough, other than the fact that whilst he was here we were going nowhere and he was rightfully dismissed and replaced by a far better coach.

I'm glad you're reading my articls buddy. The more the merrier as far as we're concerned. Since joining the site I've had over 15,000,000 page views so they can't be too bad.

​The forum has been offline for me over the past 48 hours or so, but other than that my weekend's are jam-packed with work.

I haven't seen any of the replays for the League One playoff games so I'll stick to what I originally said. 

​What vendetta? I have nothing against Clough, other than the fact that whilst he was here we were going nowhere and he was rightfully dismissed and replaced by a far better coach.

I'm glad you're reading my articls buddy. The more the merrier as far as we're concerned. Since joining the site I've had over 15,000,000 page views so they can't be too bad.

​I've been lovely and helped you out by putting up a link that last 3 minutes @Bris Vegas , unless you're going to ignore it and stick to what you originally said.

Which is wildly wrong.

For a change.

Of course you being the font of all knowledge Bris.

I thought you might watch this and point out a) where Done was offside before his disallowed goal

and B) where Flynn was outside of the box in that two footed lunge.

ffs, and you try to come across as if you know what you're talking about.

​Just seen this above, I didn't see it had been originally posted.

Definitely inside the box no arguements, I thought it was outside but only ever saw it once. However, it wasn't a tackle - it was a block and it made no difference to the shot. I can't see how that is a penalty.

Regarding the offside decision, it wasn't and wasn't given for offside I don't think. It was given for a foul I assume and play had stopped before he put theball in the net - the defender in the middle certainly stopped playing.

But regardless, the original point was that these aren't even 'chances' and doesn't alter the fact that Swindon looked by far the better side in the second half.

Sheffield United can redemm themselves later tonight if they win. Good luck to them but on a personal note I'd rather see Swindon in the Championship just for something different.

​Just seen this above, I didn't see it had been originally posted.

Definitely inside the box no arguements, I thought it was outside but only ever saw it once. However, it wasn't a tackle - it was a block and it made no difference to the shot. I can't see how that is a penalty.

Regarding the offside decision, it wasn't and wasn't given for offside I don't think. It was given for a foul I assume and play had stopped before he put theball in the net - the defender in the middle certainly stopped playing.

But regardless, the original point was that these aren't even 'chances' and doesn't alter the fact that Swindon looked by far the better side in the second half.

Sheffield United can redemm themselves later tonight if they win. Good luck to them but on a personal note I'd rather see Swindon in the Championship just for something different.

​FFS Bris.

how can you post like that and expect to be taken seriously?

So pretty much all the points you made are wrong but you're still not admitting you're wrong.

Somethings never change.

​FFS Bris.

how can you post like that and expect to be taken seriously?

So pretty much all the points you made are wrong but you're still not admitting you're wrong.

Somethings never change.

​What are you talking about buddy? The whole origina point I made was I didn't see any of the first half, but on second-half showing Swindon were the better team and deserved to at least win that half.

You then replied by naming all these 'chances' Sheffield United had. Including a disallowed goal and penalty shout - these aren't chances really are they?

Over the 90 minutes, Sheffield United may have deserved something but in the second-half I saw one team play far better than the other. What am I wrong about here? 

Archived