some Derby fans, embarrassing.

Mostyn6

I think Keogh will leave...totally unappreciated . Fact he will leave as unappreciated and fans complain how he captains team, blame him for lots of things that are clearly not his fault (eg florists winner)

Keogh departure will be a blow for team mates....and reason for his departure will affect the players.

very worrying tines.....and worry will not go away...as even if we go many games unbeaten, without conceding a goal ...we will still.moan at players. If Wembley affected them...a mad 30seconds of play ......then definitely crap Las 12 games will affect our players.

coupled to.fact we played hopelessly ...throughout the team...and could.not pick our ball players (Christie and Forsyth ) in their true positions as the crowd were convincing then that they were rubbish ( I despaired at having Keogh, shotton and warnick at full back)

​so sausaging what? Good job you're not the manager then if your only good reason for keeping a player is how popular he is!

The whole point in football is to break the cliques in dressing rooms and create a professional group, not lots of little groups of mates.

Keogh, whether you like it or not, has just led (as captain and leader) the worst ever promotion choke in history.

I've been accused of trying to blame the fans, but hey, if not, it's the players, and the man who led that collapse is Keogh. Thanks and good luck Richard, I'll never doubt your honesty, commitment and endeavour, sadly, what you lacked had more bearing than what you contributed.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​so sausaging what? Good job you're not the manager then if your only good reason for keeping a player is how popular he is!

The whole point in football is to break the cliques in dressing rooms and create a professional group, not lots of little groups of mates.

Keogh, whether you like it or not, has just led (as captain and leader) the worst ever promotion choke in history.

I've been accused of trying to blame the fans, but hey, if not, it's the players, and the man who led that collapse is Keogh. Thanks and good luck Richard, I'll never doubt your honesty, commitment and endeavour, sadly, what you lacked had more bearing than what you contributed.

I totally agree Mostyn, be interesting to see the fans view of him at a new club after 3 months . 

Icant believe a person of your stature could not see this coming Mostyn6 when the new regime had major decisions to make to improve a talented squad they inherited.As Robbie savage said some one will get a lot of credit for the hard work that cloughie had put in..The Pearson n.  Glick years are over This is now the new start you craved.I hope it works.

​So the players can take a running jump and you accuse them/him of leading the biggest promotion choke in history, yet the manager, the man at the top, the man who picks them, coaches them, sets them up tactically, he's beyond ANY KIND OF reproach? Say or even think one bad word about him and you'll get rounded on by the same group who hounded out the last fella. You couldn't make it up if you tried.

And as for your whole point in football is to break the cliques in dressing rooms? There were no cliques. There was just a united committed squad. Something that has been spoken about massively for the last 18 months and even for a short while before that was THIS SQUADS TOGETHERNESS>

Man alive Mostyn, you come across as fairly knowledgeable and fairly sensible from time to time, then you come out with a statement like that?

It's not about breaking cliques at all. It's about building and nurturing a group of players who will bust the guts for each other.

I'm sitting here scratching me head at some of the stuff that has been written over the last couple of days. 

hilarious.....our collapse was by a captain playing very well . He was watched like a hawk ...and no errors materialsed from.him.....just like they had nt before our bad run

the collapse went way beyond perceived captaincy issues....you think keogh suggested he play at right back? 

Players are popular for a reason, his team mates, manager and peers (players at other clubs) rate him highly ........

so popular equals good in my book....and based on his performances.

do you think keogh made an error for florists second goal...have you watched it in slow motion ......will you even do so......or scared you may have to change your opinion once again.

no longer the fans fault for stupid views ...it is back to you being stupid and claiming keogh is crap......

look forward to following your detours and changing opinions ...I will do my best to keep up

Icant believe a person of your stature could not see this coming Mostyn6 when the new regime had major decisions to make to improve a talented squad they inherited.As Robbie savage said some one will get a lot of credit for the hard work that cloughie had put in..The Pearson n.  Glick years are over This is now the new start you craved.I hope it works.

​never stand still. Nobody successful does. Clough senior needed to be ruthless, Fergie did, Mourinho did and in fairness Nigel did. Now McClaren needs to be. 

​So the players can take a running jump and you accuse them/him of leading the biggest promotion choke in history, yet the manager, the man at the top, the man who picks them, coaches them, sets them up tactically, he's beyond ANY KIND OF reproach? Say or even think one bad word about him and you'll get rounded on by the same group who hounded out the last fella. You couldn't make it up if you tried.

And as for your whole point in football is to break the cliques in dressing rooms? There were no cliques. There was just a united committed squad. Something that has been spoken about massively for the last 18 months and even for a short while before that was THIS SQUADS TOGETHERNESS>

Man alive Mostyn, you come across as fairly knowledgeable and fairly sensible from time to time, then you come out with a statement like that?

It's not about breaking cliques at all. It's about building and nurturing a group of players who will bust the guts for each other.

I'm sitting here scratching me head at some of the stuff that has been written over the last couple of days. 

​I have no idea what you are talking about here, I don't think you've read my comments in the clear context they've been written, and with the comment they're responding to in mind. You're bringing things in that I've not mentioned. So I don't know how to answer whatever it is that's got your knickers in a twist.

Things I have picked out. I never said McClaren was beyond any reproach. I've never rounded up on anyone who's criticised McClaren, only those that have accused him of being disloyal, based on rumours!

If you think I'm being any different regarding Keogh to what I was about Savage, then you're very mistaken. Being popular, being captain, being committed etc are not enough to keep you at the club if you're not good enough. simple really.

​I have no idea what you are talking about here, I don't think you've read my comments in the clear context they've been written, and with the comment they're responding to in mind. You're bringing things in that I've not mentioned. So I don't know how to answer whatever it is that's got your knickers in a twist.

Things I have picked out. I never said McClaren was beyond any reproach. I've never rounded up on anyone who's criticised McClaren, only those that have accused him of being disloyal, based on rumours!

If you think I'm being any different regarding Keogh to what I was about Savage, then you're very mistaken. Being popular, being captain, being committed etc are not enough to keep you at the club if you're not good enough. simple really.

"The whole point in football is to break the cliques in dressing rooms and create a professional group, not lots of little groups of mates.

I've been accused of trying to blame the fans, but hey, if not, it's the players, and the man who led that collapse is Keogh. Thanks and good luck Richard, I'll never doubt your honesty, commitment and endeavour, sadly, what you lacked had more bearing than what you contributed."

That above is what you wrote.

You wrote about breaking cliques.

You wrote about keogh leading the biggest promotion choke in history.

You wrote about  him being the man that led the collapse.

Then you thanked him and wished him luck and mentioned that he lacked more than he contributed.

What exaclty am I bringing in that you haven't mentioned. and what am I reading out of context?

"The whole point in football is to break the cliques in dressing rooms and create a professional group, not lots of little groups of mates.

I've been accused of trying to blame the fans, but hey, if not, it's the players, and the man who led that collapse is Keogh. Thanks and good luck Richard, I'll never doubt your honesty, commitment and endeavour, sadly, what you lacked had more bearing than what you contributed."

That above is what you wrote.

You wrote about breaking cliques.

You wrote about keogh leading the biggest promotion choke in history.

You wrote about  him being the man that led the collapse.

Then you thanked him and wished him luck and mentioned that he lacked more than he contributed.

What exaclty am I bringing in that you haven't mentioned. and what am I reading out of context?

​I'm aware of what I wrote, I just don't have a clue what you're getting pissy about. It's my view.... 

​I'm aware of what I wrote, I just don't have a clue what you're getting pissy about. It's my view.... 

Your view could be wrong. It goes against most impartial observers view of Keogh, and nobody thinks Buxton is worth more than keogh ( another example of why keogh is rated more than Buxton by impartial observers) ronnie gave an opposite view to your unprovable view keogh caused cliques in the dressing room.

hilarious.....our collapse was by a captain playing very well . He was watched like a hawk ...and no errors materialsed from.him.....just like they had nt before our bad run

the collapse went way beyond perceived captaincy issues....you think keogh suggested he play at right back? 

Players are popular for a reason, his team mates, manager and peers (players at other clubs) rate him highly ........

so popular equals good in my book....and based on his performances.

do you think keogh made an error for florists second goal...have you watched it in slow motion ......will you even do so......or scared you may have to change your opinion once again.

no longer the fans fault for stupid views ...it is back to you being stupid and claiming keogh is crap......

look forward to following your detours and changing opinions ...I will do my best to keep up

​I really cannot be arsed to go through all of Keogh's errors, falling to the floor, dilly-dallying on the ball, being indecisive in the clearance etc etc, there's enough in the forum if you're so inclined.... knock yourself out.

If your best reason for keeping Keogh is that he's popular in the dressing room, then like I say, good job you're not making decisions. I'm a good lad, I make people laugh around me, and I'd be very popular in the dressing room, should I be captain? No. Cos I am not good enough. My opinion is that although Keogh has a level of competency for this league, his decision making etc is not good enough to help us get out via promotion.

Forest's 2nd? Is that the one where he fell on his ****and passed it straight to the scorer? I don't remember. Or is it the one where he committed himself to a tackle on halfway that he was never going to get near to, thus leaving a load of space behind him? Either way, no, he's not solely to blame cos simply there was opportunity for others to finalise the defending.

As for the last couple of lines... meh... don't really care what you think 

Your view could be wrong. It goes against most impartial observers view of Keogh, and nobody thinks Buxton is worth more than keogh ( another example of why keogh is rated more than Buxton by impartial observers) ronnie gave an opposite view to your unprovable view keogh caused cliques in the dressing room.

​hahaha, bravo, welcome to the debate. My views can and will be wrong, I'm a human too ya know! I don't know who you consider to be impartial, and why their views are more important than me or you or someone who has seen every game Keogh and Buxton have ever played for Derby!

As for the Ronnie comment, I never once said Keogh caused cliques in the dressing room, and I doubt Ronnie said I did, he doesn't twist things that much. My comment was that a manager will try to remove cliques so as to create all round team ethic, and as such would never keep a player just cos he's popular! 

You're suggestion that the team would react badly (suffer) if Keogh left is pure nonsense. Football goes on regardless and players are used to players and managers coming and going.

Have we all become pompous, self-righteous pests since Derby come good?

This bickering is, as the title rightly suggests, just embarrassing. Obviously, people aren't going to have the same opinions, but there's no need to bashing the others' just because it doesn't tesselate.

Opinions are like d1cks. Yes, you can have one, but please don't go around sticking it down each others' throats just because you think your d1ck is better than everyone elses.

I'm I the only one who thinks maybe some Derby fans just can't be pleased. Over the past few weeks everyone has moaned about the defence not being good enough, that the team needs changing after two failed attempts at promotion.

First two players are released, a player who turns 29 this year, is injury prone and rarely starts anyway and a player who has been out for 3 years. I get the sentimentality and that both have been great servants of the club and have both always worn their heart on their sleeve. But its time to move on and move forward yet all I see mainly on twitter is fans moaning about letting them both go. (I know someone will tell me people on twitter are all moaners anyway)

I also find it laughable that after the stick our defence has got from our supporters that so far most defenders I have seen suggested as transfer targets have been laughed off! So we have this terribly awful defence which is meant to be like the worst defence we have ever had, yet no ones good enough to come in! Derby fans and maybe football fans in general do me nut in. 

Thats my rant of the day. I will now go back to my usual very witty hilariously funny posts which brighten everyones day, especially my own.

I agree with mostyn, fans like this initiate the endless criticism instead of supporting the team.

oh hang on.....

​I really cannot be arsed to go through all of Keogh's errors, falling to the floor, dilly-dallying on the ball, being indecisive in the clearance etc etc, there's enough in the forum if you're so inclined.... knock yourself out.

If your best reason for keeping Keogh is that he's popular in the dressing room, then like I say, good job you're not making decisions. I'm a good lad, I make people laugh around me, and I'd be very popular in the dressing room, should I be captain? No. Cos I am not good enough. My opinion is that although Keogh has a level of competency for this league, his decision making etc is not good enough to help us get out via promotion.

Forest's 2nd? Is that the one where he fell on his ****and passed it straight to the scorer? I don't remember. Or is it the one where he committed himself to a tackle on halfway that he was never going to get near to, thus leaving a load of space behind him? Either way, no, he's not solely to blame cos simply there was opportunity for others to finalise the defending.

As for the last couple of lines... meh... don't really care what you think 

I have said all I can say.......

once it reaches stage of Keogh made mistake, I don't know how, I ain't reviewed it, I saw it with my own eyes and he is crap. I just can't remember how he screwed up.

in 1500's and with hunts that kind of evidence would be great, and it would be repeated by many sources...which all emanated from one source....but due to its number lead to decisions being made.

Keogh and Forsyth are independently rated by players and other football commentators. Normally fans see own players through rose coloured glasses. The fact our fans see players as being worse than views held by outsiders, and just conclude everyone else is wrong, keogh is crap confused me. Now I know it is just said with no memory of said errors my theory it is just popularist to argue against evidence, say what makes a lot of "noisy" fans happy so can all stick together in a pack and claim "keogh is ****" despite him being rated a top top defender in our league.

I wrote it before the Reading game and I’ve wrote it many times on this forum, get behind Derby County Football Club and not against it.
I wrote it before the Reading game that Leicester were fighting against relegation we were fighting for promotion.
And before anyone replies and tells me to go and support Leicester City or as in the past go and support Sheff Utd instead, no thanks I support Derby County Football Club.
And I’ll sing and I’ll shout out positive comments that get behind the club, in whichever ground I choose to go and support them in.
Maybe if we used this forum more in creating ways to show more flags, show more card tributes, sing our own made up Derby County songs etc instead of falling out with each other constantly
because we are all people with different characteristics, different beliefs, different cultures etc but we all have at least one thing in common and that’s Derby County Football Club, so use this fantastic forum to help Derby County Football progress.
Derby County lost 0-3, Leicester City won 3-0. We can all behave like we want to behave as fans , but I’m going to carry on behaving in a manner that may help influence the team on the pitch.
Derby County v Reading – Fans Gallery
http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/pictures/PICTURES-Derby-County-V-Reading-Fans-Gallery/pictures-26430844-detail/pictures.html
Leicester City fans create huge mosaic of fox at King Power stadium - reactions and pictures

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-fans-create-huge-mosaic-fox-King/story-26434470-detail/story.html

Leicester City fans hoisted 7,000 pieces of card into the air yesterday to create a huge mosaic of a fox ahead of the game against Newcastle.

The stunt took place as the players ran out of the tunnel.

It was arranged by supporters' club, Union FS, which paid more than £600 for a Dutch firm to print out the design.

Known as 'fan choreography' or 'Tifo', the practice is carried out by clubs all over Europe, but remains a rarity in the UK.

2hd8foz.jpg

Archived