Mcclaren backtracking?

Derbados

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​Because if he talked the players in to staying long term in the summer, buying into his long term plan when they had offers to go elsewhere and then half way through this season there's talk of him sodding off to Newcastle, they are hardly going to be impressed with him are they? 

"stay with club lad, you know it makes sense, sign a new contract and buy into my plan, i'm going nowhere" etc etc 

Roll on a few months 

"cheerio lads, im off to Newcastle!" 

Derby players :    ". . . . ." 

​I see where your coming from, but that's not how your post read. 

Not that I take any notice of bookies odds, but I know that a lot of you do….

David Moyes has just become the favourite to take over at Newcastle.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/newcastle/next-permanent-manager

Just saying….

​Well this says it all doesn't it, the bookies don't have a clue and all these reported meetings with McClaren and Newcastle are complete ******** I read somewhere that Newcastle are one of the most secretive clubs in England and hardly any information ever leaks from the club.

​Well this says it all doesn't it, the bookies don't have a clue and all these reported meetings with McClaren and Newcastle are complete ******** I read somewhere that Newcastle are one of the most secretive clubs in England and hardly any information ever leaks from the club.

​But…but….but…. worst-kept secret in football….ITK….done deal in January May…..

Hang about….

How could you read that Newcastle are one of the most secretive clubs? Wouldn't that be a secret?

​But…but….but…. worst-kept secret in football….ITK….done deal in January May…..

Hang about….

How could you read that Newcastle are one of the most secretive clubs? Wouldn't that be a secret?

​Well I'm sure it more to do with the fact that hardly any information comes out the club, I bet when the name of the next Toon manager comes out it would be someone that nobody even was even thinking maybe the return of Joe Kinnear 

Newcastle have announced that John Carver will be in charge for the last three games....so thats them down....I reckon McClaren has done some re-thinking......................

​Sunderland's tough fixtures might just save them.

The sepculation had absolutely nothing to do with the players' attitude towards McClaren.

If anything, I'd say the January signings derailed us. Forsyth became all of a sudden under-pressure from Warnock, the Lingard deal all-but kicked out Jamie Ward, Bryson's competition increased meaning even less game-time.

The tight-knit squad of last season just looked gone.

Our playoff final team and the XI that did so well for us was gone.

Grant: Confidence shot

Wisdom: Not here

Buxton: Injured

Keogh: Confidence gone, played out of position

Forsyth: Confidence gone, no longer a guaranteed starter

Thorne: Injured

Hendrick Confidence gone, no longer guaranteed starter / Bryson: Gone completely

Hughes: About the only player who has remained the same

Ward: Injured/no longer near the first-team XI

Russell: Injured, best out on the RW, his place firmly taken by Ince.

Martin: Injured, probably p!ssed off how his teammates completely cocked up his chances of PL football.

When comparing the two teams, that playoff XI team would have destroyed the team that started against Reading last weekend..

Has anyone not stopped to think about exactly what Mac has said?

He says he's under contract at Derby meaning that as long as SR wants him to stay, he will be staying. He's not going to leave of his own accord because he's either given up on the club or another club wants him.

Mac is not going anywhere. I'm sick of telling my friends this and people on the internets. Then again, people just love a good soap opera for the sake of it.

The sepculation had absolutely nothing to do with the players' attitude towards McClaren.

If anything, I'd say the January signings derailed us. Forsyth became all of a sudden under-pressure from Warnock, the Lingard deal all-but kicked out Jamie Ward, Bryson's competition increased meaning even less game-time.

Hendrick Confidence gone, no longer guaranteed starter / Bryson: Gone completely

Martin: Injured, probably p!ssed off how his teammates completely cocked up his chances of PL football.

When comparing the two teams, that playoff XI team would have destroyed the team that started against Reading last weekend..

​Bris, as McClaren himself said, for any of this to make sense, the rot would've kicked in in January, BUT at the beginning of March, things were still looking really good. Keogh wasn't played out of position until about 5 games ago, same for Forsyth. Nobody should be a guaranteed starter.

Long before all those things happened, didn't we lose three nil at home to reading last season??   

​Bris, as McClaren himself said, for any of this to make sense, the rot would've kicked in in January, BUT at the beginning of March, things were still looking really good. Keogh wasn't played out of position until about 5 games ago, same for Forsyth. Nobody should be a guaranteed starter.

​Sure the rot didn't really kick in until the end of the season but, aside from the occasional blitzing of the oppo like Fulham and Wolves, we haven't really been great all season if we're honest. What's the longest winning streak we put together?

Has anyone not stopped to think about exactly what Mac has said?

He says he's under contract at Derby meaning that as long as SR wants him to stay, he will be staying. He's not going to leave of his own accord because he's either given up on the club or another club wants him.

Mac is not going anywhere. I'm sick of telling my friends this and people on the internets. Then again, people just love a good soap opera for the sake of it.

​It's the way I have looked at it all along, which is why I have been continually pulled up when I accused certain doubters of 'trolling'. I continue to stand by every word I have said on the subject since the #ITKers started spouting their "done deal" garbage several months ago.

Nothing has changed, no matter how much they whine, bluster and maintain how right they always have been, and no matter how much they start to back-slide and begin to doubt their (probably non-existent) 'sources'. The back-sliding has now started - it's now "Well, Newcastle look as though they might get relegated so he's obviously changed his mind. He will still go - he'll be off somewhere else instead. I bet Rush sacks him - after all, he's presided over the 'worst collapse in history' (™), so I was right all along really".

People are, by and large, sound - but just occasionally they become prats. The only problem is, they really don't like being wrong, so once they become prats, they will hang on to the beliefs that tipped them over into Pratsville for a little too long.

(yes, I recognise that the final paragraph might tip me over the city limits of Pratsville, population me, but that's a risk I'm going to take)

Long before all those things happened, didn't we lose three nil at home to reading last season??   

​Aaaaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

We've come full circle.

Put your money on Clough to be next manager.

Archived