Raul Albentosa

rad1919

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​if yesterday was the only time you'd seen Derby play, you'd consider each and every player a donkey, in fact the last 10 games maybe. So what's the difference? You've seen better performances previously from Hughes, but yesterday he was rubbish, but if his reputation means nothing to you and you only consider what he does on the pitch, is Hughes now a donkey?

​Its nowt to do with having a bad game. Shots and Raul don't look like they've ever got the ball under control, even if they defend well, head, tackle, clear etc, they just don't seem good in possession. I know that's not always the main quality for a CB, but the way we play, i would have expected the management to bring in footballing CB's rather than hoofers.

Albentosa and Shotton are players that aren't good enough to start but are on long term contracts and have only just joined in January. 

Ideally we sell both of them and buy some better players but who is going to want to buy them.

Difficult situation because Albentosa can't play on the left side of the CB's and we have Keogh who plays every game of the season so what is the point of having Albentosa.

​We won't have Keogh in three months. And I absolutely buy the language/acclimatization issue. 

A full pre-season will show us what Albentosa can do next year.

​Its nowt to do with having a bad game. Shots and Raul don't look like they've ever got the ball under control, even if they defend well, head, tackle, clear etc, they just don't seem good in possession. I know that's not always the main quality for a CB, but the way we play, i would have expected the management to bring in footballing CB's rather than hoofers.

​I half agree. 

Looking back at the games and goals that define our season (in terms of failings), I'd be inclined to say that given the choice of the footballing defenders (who've hesitated and made mistakes) or an agricultural, no nonsense, "get it clear", "stick your foot through it" defender who whacks it into the stands, I think we could carry a non-footballing, no nonsense defender. In fact, I think we actually need them.

​We won't have Keogh in three months. And I absolutely buy the language/acclimatization issue. 

A full pre-season will show us what Albentosa can do next year.

I think Keogh will still be here but each to his own. If Keogh is here in 3 months I stand by my first point there is no point having Albentosa. I agree he will get better after improving his language skills and a full pre season but I don't he is better than Buxton or  Keogh and we need someone at CB that is better than Buxton or Keogh. 

I dont really know what the scouts, club and management were doing  - when watching Albentossa. He was pretty awful yesterday - clumsy and cannot pass......the new Stimac.....mmmmm - cant really seeing him improve much...

We were full of great hopes turn of the year, with bent, Lingard, Ince joining and Albentosa.....

FFS cut the slagging the player off, You do REALISE that he played in WRONG side of CB ??? I hope Raul shut you haters up next season. 

I dont really know what the scouts, club and management were doing  - when watching Albentossa. He was pretty awful yesterday - clumsy and cannot pass......the new Stimac.....mmmmm - cant really seeing him improve much...

We were full of great hopes turn of the year, with bent, Lingard, Ince joining and Albentosa.....

​yeah he was. Good job the other 13 players involved played so brilliantly eh?

FFS cut the slagging the player off, You do REALISE that he played in WRONG side of CB ??? I hope Raul shut you haters up next season. 

​Won't play on the other side of defence as long as Richard Keogh is a Derby player so I don't think he will get a chance to shut the haters up. 

​Won't play on the other side of defence as long as Richard Keogh is a Derby player so I don't think he will get a chance to shut the haters up. 

Again it's Keogh's fault that Raul isn't playing in the correct position so he's bad? 

Also how does a player forget how to pass a ball playing  in the same position but a little too the left? 

I'm confident he'll come good. Not everyone likes tall and clumsy looking players like All bent toes ah (still laughing..) or Mertesacker, but they can be horrible to play against.

Strong in air, very strong in tackles, good enough technique to keep his head up, good first touch... he does al the basics very well, now he just need to adjust his game to this league. Hope this happens. If it doesn't he can always go back to Spain and propably be star player in La Liga.

Or maybe all those 12 clubs have horrible scouts..

I'm confident he'll come good. Not everyone likes tall and clumsy looking players like All bent toes ah (still laughing..) or Mertesacker, but they can be horrible to play against.

Strong in air, very strong in tackles, good enough technique to keep his head up, good first touch... he does al the basics very well, now he just need to adjust his game to this league. Hope this happens. If it doesn't he can always go back to Spain and propably be star player in La Liga.

Or maybe all those 12 clubs have horrible scouts..

Again it's Keogh's fault that Raul isn't playing in the correct position so he's bad? 

Also how does a player forget how to pass a ball playing  in the same position but a little too the left? 

​how's about this? His job will be to stop the opposition scoring, not defence splitting passing!

Archived