Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

STEVE Bruce says he will do his utmost to keep Tom Ince at Hull City amid the ongoing interest from Championship rivals Derby County.

Ince's future hangs delicately in the balance this summer as the Rams attempt to turn last season's superb loan spell into a big money signing.

£5m release clause inserted in the deal that originally took Ince to the iPro Stadium leaves City vulnerable to Derby's advances but Bruce has stressed his desire to keep the winger.

"We don't want to lose Tom," said Bruce. "He's an integral player in our plans for next season and not someone we want to sell.

"There is a release clause there but until someone is willing to meet that he will stay as a Hull City player.

"I can understand the interest after he did so well at Derby last season but I'm doing everything in my power to keep him with us.

"I've spoken with Tom and made it clear we want him to stay. We want a young, driven team in the Championship and he certainly fits that bill."

As revealed by the Mail earlier this month, City are attempting to stave off Derby's interest by asking for the £5m fee be paid up front in cash.

The Rams have indicated they are keen to trigger the clause to land Ince this summer but have so far given no indication they will meet City's demands.

Ince's potential exit would see City make a healthy profit on the £2.3m they paid Blackpool last summer but there is an obvious reluctance to let a star of the Championship join a likely promotion rival.

Although the 23-year-old started just three Premier League games in his debut season at the KC Stadium, a reminder of his talents came when scoring 11 goals in 18 appearances during his three-month stay with Derby.

Derby are hoping to lure Ince with the promise of a lucrative long-term deal but City could yet counter that with an extension of their own. Ince only signed a two-year contract when joining the Tigers last summer and would listen to offers over a fresh deal as he enters the final 12 months.

Read more: http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Hull-City-Steve-Bruce-says-Tom-Ince-integral/story-26761428-detail/story.html#ixzz3e1R9NRxo 
Follow us: @hulldailymail on Twitter | HullDailyMail on Facebook

His price changes every day. 

I see no mention of Bruce stating a price in that article. 

I'm not surprised he wants to keep the player. 

Had Hull stayed up, Bruce would have happily offloaded as he was surplus to requirements and served little or no purpose. As a Championship player, Ince has proven he can cut it however. 

I see no mention of Bruce stating a price in that article. 

I'm not surprised he wants to keep the player. 

Had Hull stayed up, Bruce would have happily offloaded as he was surplus to requirements and served little or no purpose. As a Championship player, Ince has proven he can cut it however. 

agree. 

Its the media that's making me laugh keep guessing his price. 

Very frustrating from Hull - understandable though. The thing is we are very unlikely to pay all upfront as that would scupper the rest of our plans, hence Hull can just hold out until a greater offer comes in or they offer him a new deal with no clause.

I thought this one would be finalised by now, but it is getting worrying. Out of interest, has he agreed a deal yet? Does he want to join?

If not Jota would be just as good, and probably cheaper. I like Ince's attitude toward the club though and he clearly has a lot of talent.

Archived