Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've took time out of your day to write that?

This forum gets worse.

I take time out of my day for many things. Sometimes I look out of windows for no reason other than the wind blowing in the trees.

I cannot confirm or deny if Tom Ince does that, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's mulling over a move to dcfc whilst supping over a mojito and looking into the distance. Probably at a distant boat rocking on the seas.

I'd absolutely love Barton here. He's the bit of "nasty" we lacked a lot last season. Think of Eustace with genuine quality on the ball

​That 'nasty' can also destroy any sense of community within a squad...

I wouldn't want Barton anywhere near Derby, a man that once stubbed a lit cigar on a youth player's eye isn't the sort of character I want playing for us!

@Dorselator: @DannyCooke1998 Talks ongoing between #dcfc and #hcfc re Ince. Will be club record fee if agreed. Nowt more at mo. Think it will happen.

Hang on, reported that fee was agreed back in Jan, if triggered?

Surely just deciding how its paid ie instalments, add one ect?

Hang on, reported that fee was agreed back in Jan, if triggered?

Surely just deciding how its paid ie instalments, add one ect?

​Was reported a few days ago that Hull were trying to put us off by demanding the full payment up front and Derby wished to do it in instalments 

​That 'nasty' can also destroy any sense of community within a squad...

I wouldn't want Barton anywhere near Derby, a man that once stubbed a lit cigar on a youth player's eye isn't the sort of character I want playing for us!

http://www.joeybarton.com/jamie-tandy-and-the-cigar/

He's not fully to blame in that incident. Most would react in the same way. Most have done wrong, but because it's Joey Barton everything he does wrong is all over the press. And to be fair in recent years he has cooled down, remember that was in 2004... 11 years...

He's not fully to blame in that incident. Most would react in the same way. Most have done wrong, but because it's Joey Barton everything he does wrong is all over the press. And to be fair in recent years he has cooled down, remember that was in 2004... 11 years...

​I'm glad you cited an impartial source.

How many years ago was it that he elbowed Tevez and then kicked Aguero in a game his team needed to win to stay in the Premier League? What inspired leadership! Just what we need at Derby.

​I'm glad you cited an impartial source.

How many years ago was it that he elbowed Tevez and then kicked Aguero in a game his team needed to win to stay in the Premier League? What inspired leadership! Just what we need at Derby.

What do you want? A daily mail article.... 

Barton has only received 2 red cards in over 100 games for QPR. Not a bad record for someone who plays holding midfield for a poor side. He's actually only received 6 red cards in his career. I think of a LOT of "nice guys" off the pitch who have received far, far more. 

What do you want? A daily mail article.... 

​Let's start with baby steps. How about a source that isn't written by the subject?

You realise Barton's 6 red cards put him in the top 16 most sent off players in premiership history. There are only 5 players (Cattermole, Keane, Viera, Dunne, Ferguson) who have more red cards than him.

​Let's start with baby steps. How about a source that isn't written by the subject?

You realise Barton's 6 red cards put him in the top 16 most sent off players in premiership history. There are only 5 players (Cattermole, Keane, Viera, Dunne, Ferguson) who have more red cards than him.

Find a source then? Because that story has been reiterated by many players (simple google search).

Look at the list. Gerrard, Dunne, Cole.. Red cards aren't all down to being "nasty". Gerrard beat up someone for looking at his wife in a night club *alledgyly", but he's not Joey Barton so he's still loved by all.

If reports are true that mclaren is trying to hijack the ince move surely this should have been seen and dealt with. Maybe have stalled the compo talks until he had signed. 

As for Barton, for me it all depends on his wages and the system clement  will play. If he's gona play 1 holding midfielder and Thorne stays fit wouldn't want a large wage for a benchwarmer. Plus can see some training ground incidents if he don't get much game time. But I'm sure Bucko will sort it with that famous coffee cup if he steps out of line

There's a difference between having a player that stands his ground (which Eustace did) and having a player that is 'nasty'. We don't need a player that is going to lose his head and get sent off in a potentially important fixture, we need a player that isn't going to roll over and let the opposition bully them. Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson and Mascarell were all guilty of being bullied last season, especially against more physical teams. 

There's a difference between having a player that stands his ground (which Eustace did) and having a player that is 'nasty'. We don't need a player that is going to lose his head and get sent off in a potentially important fixture, we need a player that isn't going to roll over and let the opposition bully them. Hughes, Hendrick, Bryson and Mascarell were all guilty of being bullied last season, especially against more physical teams. 

Was thinking that myself. Thorne and Eustace are big units who won their headers and can just shoulder opposition players off the ball. Thorne was a defender to start off with someone said and when Clough signed Eustace he was on about sticking him in central defence if needs be. Can't see Barton playing defence.

Mascarell was a defensive midfielder unlike what some people say, he just wasn't that type of defensive midfielder. Will Hughes gets stuck in but he's not physically imposing enough to perform that role. Though he also likes to get stuck in Barton isn't like that either. 

Think his amount of red cards are very much over exaggerated. Probably because they are all for stupid things. If it was a straight choice between Barton and eustace, Barton all day long for me. Even though he can be a nasty ******* still can play good football

​I read that exact same article before I posted to check that my facts were straight.

And no they wouldn't, what an outrageous comment to make. I would never, ever attempt to stub a lit cigar out on someone's body. There's throwing a punch in the heat of the moment and then there's vindictive and he's certainly the latter of the two.

​Really? Stubbing a cigar it in someone's face is how '…most would react'? 

Archived