Has the champoionship split into two

davenportram

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a bit concerned at the fair play rules but I think it has done a lot of good, we have Bournemouth that are a cracking side but absolutely tiny, it is making the division more competitive and you wouldn't think so with the likes of last years crop firmly in the lower reaches of the prem but within time it should make a difference, it also gives teams with a good coach/manager the right to go up with merit and not financial clout.

Loads of people have been trying to say it's a very weak league this year. That may be the case at the foot of the table. However it looks like the auto's and playoffs are going to command very high points totals this time around. 

No-one has run away with it like Leicester last season. It's been a tough division at the top this season, we are already 2 points ahead of last seasons 5th place finished and we could still fail to make the play offs. 

Would not be surprised to see this seasons top four break our third place points total. The amount of points taken by the top teams is why the table looks so split as the teams lower down have been left trailing. 

Or with the top 8 in the championship being close to the bottom 6 in the premiership if a two tier Premier League could soon be whispered about . 2leagues of 12, play each team twice and then the top 6 play eaach other twice again and the bottom 6 play each other twice again

reduce number of top flight games to 32 and bring in a winter break?

Or with the top 8 in the championship being close to the bottom 6 in the premiership if a two tier Premier League could soon be whispered about . 2leagues of 12, play each team twice and then the top 6 play eaach other twice again and the bottom 6 play each other twice again

​No thanks

​Very similar to the American NFL/MLS model.

2 conferences play each other, then the top 6 of each go into the play offs.

I was a bit concerned at the fair play rules but I think it has done a lot of good, we have Bournemouth that are a cracking side but absolutely tiny, it is making the division more competitive and you wouldn't think so with the likes of last years crop firmly in the lower reaches of the prem but within time it should make a difference, it also gives teams with a good coach/manager the right to go up with merit and not financial clout.

Utter crap. Bournemouth and Derby have both spent a lot of money. Ipswich fell away from the top because they didn't have the money for a squad that could survive a whole seasons worth of form dips, suspensions and injuries. Bournemouth have because they've spent more money. Nothing to do with FFP.

Utter crap. Bournemouth and Derby have both spent a lot of money. Ipswich fell away from the top because they didn't have the money for a squad that could survive a whole seasons worth of form dips, suspensions and injuries. Bournemouth have because they've spent more money. Nothing to do with FFP.

​what has derby spent apart from loans ?

Look at the table - 12 points separate the top8

Then there is 12 points down to Forest in 9th.

Looks like two league tables to me

No. 

The Championship has been dire for the most part.

The reason why the top eight have reached such heights is because for the large part the other 16 teams have been dire.

Sure you'll get the odd result which doesn't back this up, but you only have to look at Bournemouth and Watford's record vs the 8 compared to the rest of the league to see how much of a joke it is.

Bournemouth's record vs the top teams is:

W4 (twice vs Wolves) D6 L3 = Take away Wolves and it's only 12 points from 11 games.

Vs the rest of the league they go W20 D5 L5 = 65 points from 30 games is like 100 over a 46-game season. Ridiculous.

Watford are even worse I think:

Vs top teams = W3 (twice vs Brentford) D4 L7 = 13 points from 14 games

Vs the rest of the league they go W22 D3 L4 = 69 points from 29 games which is like 109 over a 46-game season.

The bottom 16 are utter sh!te and it's frustrating how Derby have dropped so many points against rubbish teams like Wigan, Millwall, Cardiff, Forest, Brighton, Fulham, Rotherham, Leeds etc.

The Championship has been dire for the most part.

The reason why the top eight have reached such heights is because for the large part the other 16 teams have been dire.

Sure you'll get the odd result which doesn't back this up, but you only have to look at Bournemouth and Watford's record vs the 8 compared to the rest of the league to see how much of a joke it is.

Bournemouth's record vs the top teams is:

W4 (twice vs Wolves) D6 L3 = Take away Wolves and it's only 12 points from 11 games.

Vs the rest of the league they go W20 D5 L5 = 65 points from 30 games is like 100 over a 46-game season. Ridiculous.

Watford are even worse I think:

Vs top teams = W3 (twice vs Brentford) D4 L7 = 13 points from 14 games

Vs the rest of the league they go W22 D3 L4 = 69 points from 29 games which is like 109 over a 46-game season.

The bottom 16 are utter sh!te and it's frustrating how Derby have dropped so many points against rubbish teams like Wigan, Millwall, Cardiff, Forest, Brighton, Fulham, Rotherham, Leeds etc.

​Think you will find Eustace played in only one of those, Wigan.

No proper D/M apart from one game , and against Wigan it was 1-1 when Eustace went off.

​Think you will find Eustace played in only one of those, Wigan.

No proper D/M apart from one game , and against Wigan it was 1-1 when Eustace went off.

Is that the one he scored in? 

What's our record? 4-6-4?

Wins v Bournemouth H, Watford A, Ipswich A, Wolves H

Losses v Boro x2, Brentford (ironically when we deserved better), Wolves A.

Unbeaten v Norwich, Ipswich, Bournemouth and Watford.

I've just made myself scared of Boro who I think are the easiest to play of the top 4. 

Play Offs this season are going to be very hard to pick. Bookies will go with form.

Archived