GETTING A WIN IN LONDON

plymouthram

​Sorry I should have been more precise with my blog, I was referring to league matches, Cup games don't get you promotion.

And please not smart replies stating playoff games are cup matches.

​But they are cup matches...

And no smart replies stating that we don't win in London. In fact, don't state any facts at all. *fingers in ears* LALALALALALA

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost at Wembley in May, then lost our first match of this season at Charlton, followed that up with defeats at Brentford and Fulham. We need to win at the New Den to break the jinx, then if we do make Wembley again, who knows. By the way does anyone know when we last won in the capital.

Nice blog

​Watford is a town north of London and not in the Capital

​Watford is part of Greater London... Same as Brentford... If you count one you have to count the other...

And to further make nonsense of your point... There are NO league teams within the borders of the City of London...

Source: I live in London

​Watford is part of Greater London... Same as Brentford... If you count one you have to count the other...

And to further make nonsense of your point... There are NO league teams within the borders of the City of London...

Source: I live in London

​Sausage... Just checked and I'm actually wrong... Watford is in Hertfordshire not part of Greater London

We lost at Wembley in May, then lost our first match of this season at Charlton, followed that up with defeats at Brentford and Fulham. We need to win at the New Den to break the jinx, then if we do make Wembley again, who knows. By the way does anyone know when we last won in the capital.

we won at Charlton last season :)

PistoldPete2

​Sausage... Just checked and I'm actually wrong... Watford is in Hertfordshire not part of Greater London

Well brentford does not have a london postcode so you could say it isn't in London. But then long eaton has a Nottingham postcode and it's in Derbyshire. 

"We beat Surs 5-3 in 72-73 if that helps pal".

Now that was some win! : Going 3-1 down with 9 minutes left, I remember saying to my mate htat we can still win this, so much were we in charge.

But we polished them off in style in extra time - and well played Roger Davies!

"We beat Surs 5-3 in 72-73 if that helps pal".

Now that was some win! : Going 3-1 down with 9 minutes left, I remember saying to my mate htat we can still win this, so much were we in charge.

But we polished them off in style in extra time - and well played Roger Davies!

​those were the days my friend.....

we regularly seemed to give spurs a good tonking. including the famous 8-2 in '76 - first win of the season i think.

PistoldPete2

​those were the days my friend.....

we regularly seemed to give spurs a good tonking. including the famous 8-2 in '76 - first win of the season i think.

And the famous 5-0 with Dave mAckay record attendance for the Rams. 

Archived