Huddersfield Town vs Derby County

Carl Sagan

​He's our Andres Iniesta buddy, his attributes are perfect for that role in a midfield three. Amazing how it's taken this long - perhaps even by accident - for the coaching staff to figure out his best position.

Agree 100%. He's got his place now. And potential for the play offs. Time to make himself a Derby hero.

A midfield 3 of Thorne, Hughes and Dawkins. Exciting!

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's evidence was enough. Dawkins was forced to come on because bryson got injured

So 4 goals against is nothing to do with the midfield all of a sudden. 

Mascarell I seem to remember was told it was all his fault when we conceded goals. 

Today's evidence was enough. Dawkins was forced to come on because bryson got injured

'McClaren won't start all 3' - So because he didn't do it today, he won't ever do it. You've basically just made that up in your head

'Hendrick and Bryson are better according to our manager' - Did McClaren explain his decision to you? Again, you've just made it up.

Classic Derby fans. Make up something, then moan about it. 

'McClaren won't start all 3' - So because he didn't do it today, he won't ever do it. You've basically just made that up in your head

'Hendrick and Bryson are better according to our manager' - Did McClaren explain his decision to you? Again, you've just made it up.

Classic Derby fans. Make up something, then moan about it. 

How else do you explain hendrick and bryson continously in the team? They both have been diabolical in recent months yet he plays them. 

So 4 goals against is nothing to do with the midfield all of a sudden. 

Mascarell I seem to remember was told it was all his fault when we conceded goals. 

Is dawkins a defensive midfielder? His job is not to defend. I will tear my hair out if he doesn't start dawkins against millwall

What a strange, frustrating game of football. Looked comfortable for the first half hour, then capitulated. First goal they couldn't work it into the box, then all of a sudden a ball over the top saw us go to bits, the second no Derby shirt was anywhere their man, and nobody on the post. The third I can't really put into words, it was almost laughable how bad it was. 

Positives

At times, when we actually went out and attacked rather than caressed it along the backline before inevitably losing it, we played really well and could have so easily gone on to win it. Ince and Lingard looked dominant every time we went forward, Dawkins grew as the game went on and there actually looked to be some real fight and hunger. 

Negatives

Ryan Shotton is not a centre-back, constantly loses possession and cost us the 4th trying to skin someone midway through his own half. Saying that, how they scored from 5 defenders being back in the six yard box is beyond me. Christie improved as the game went on, but until he's got his confidence back he should be nowhere near the side, the lad's clearly taken a massive knock mentally. Hendrick and Hughes looked pretty non-existent defensively, and Jeff didn't really turn up until we were back at 3-3. 

We've conceded 7 goals away to Rotherham and Huddersfield, two absolutely nothing sides in this league. 

I need a lie down after watching that.

Unbeaten in 5, scoring with ease, timing our run into form for the play-offs perfectly.

Would help if we stopped conceding so many and so stupidly though, but that's always going to happen with an unsettled back 4.

Onwards to the Den, send them down, batter Reading on the last day and turn up for the Play-offs in fine shape.

​How depressed were you at 3-1 down ? I suppose you where ecstatic :-)

I wasn't on here thinking we weren't going to make the playoffs and saying terrible things like the manager should be sacked  

I thought that's bad luck losing Whitbread and Bryson early doors and Christie struggling when he came on .

I though Wells ia a good striker for them and we were getting outmuscled. .

I thought we hope to get back in this game as we did at Rotherham  .

I thought I hope Bolton do us a favour which they did 

etc etc etc 

I wasn't on here thinking we weren't going to make the playoffs and saying terrible things like the manager should be sacked  

I thought that's bad luck losing Whitbread and Bryson early doors and Christie struggling when he came on .

i though Wells ia a good striker for them and we were getting outmuscled. .

i thought we hope to get back in this game as we did at Rotherham  .

i thought I hope Bolton do us a favour which they did 

etc etc etc 

I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Archived