Booing

PistoldPete2

PistoldPete2

This has been said many times before, but this was the first time I have heard booing both at half time and full time. Don't think it was the aimed at the ref, tho he wasn't very good, he didn't make any blunders that cost us any goals. Sure the team played badly but at this stage in the season, with a makeshift team, and everything to play for, wtf does booing your own team help ? Madness! 

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Difficult to explain.

yes it was a makeshift lineup, but it was probably a culmination of yesterdays abject display and the past 2 months of frustration/dross/blowing games.

fans pay their hard earned cash to go and if they want to boo thats up to them. Iv only ever booed once and that was when clough was on his ar5e - burnley at home before he got sacked, i just had enough as we were not going anywhere season after season. Bents goal yesterday could be massive - who knows.

Im just glad we still have something to play for with 4 to go. Season is not over and it can turn quickly. majority of poff sides over the years that have gone up havent necessarily been the best team firing on all cylinders.

heres hoping!

Shows a lack of intelligence to me, how anyone can think by booing during a match can inspire a player or team is beyond me.

Yes you pay your money and you are entitled to do it, but so do I and imo the club would be better off without these fans.

5th in the league and booing a player that has been a big part of that...cretins :-)

The mind boggles, booing team that's is pushing for promotion for the 2nd year running......we could always be fighting for 12th place again, that was so much better :ph34r: 

The mind boggles, booing team that's is pushing for promotion for the 2nd year running......we could always be fighting for 12th place again, that was so much better :ph34r: 

​I'm getting a little sick of this argument now. The board are investing more now than they ever did under Clough. I'm not saying his sacking was wrong. One of the main reasons for his dismissal was his failure to use the increased investment correctly (Connor Sammon). Having said that, dismissing any and all criticism of McClaren or the team because we are now better whilst ignoring that investment is dishonest.

I have never booed the team and probably never will. I'll also call people out when I think they're being unfair to the players. In my opinion, the reaction of the fans yesterday wasn't unfair. We can cry about injuries until we morph into Billy Davies, but what happened yesterday was not acceptable. That performance, in terms of tactics, effort and skill, was as bad as anything we've seen in the last 5 years.

"I pay for my ticket so I'm entitled to boo" = "I'm a delusional fairweather half fan cock and I think that for some reason my ticket means I own these players and I can treat them with contempt."

Nope, 'fraid not. Stay at home next time, I think Chelsea would probably be on telly, I think you'd like them better.

I thought we looked like a team that had never played together before, no cohesion, apparent plan or confidence.

The swagger has gone, we used to have a "we know what we're doing" approach and it seems to have gone missing.

Booing ain't going help the players, might be more constructive to chant Stevie Stevie sort it out, Stevie, sort it out or something better (that wouldn't be hard)

I thought we looked like a team that had never played together before, no cohesion, apparent plan or confidence.

The swagger has gone, we used to have a "we know what we're doing" approach and it seems to have gone missing.

Booing ain't going help the players, might be more constructive to chant Stevie Stevie sort it out, Stevie, sort it out or something better (that wouldn't be hard)

​I don't think that would be better. They know they need to sort it out, they're not blind. They know we're upset too, that much is obvious. Leave the match, keep your gob shut, then get to the pub and moan about it with your mates over a pint if you have to. The players and staff need to feel supported and confident, not harassed and deflated.

Booing? Yeah, that's gonna help. Obviously when players hear that, it spurs them on to do better, try harder. Something to do with the feel good factor. ******. Oh, it's aimed at the manager, board? That's ok, then, they can tell.

Anyone notice that around 60 minutes in, when the rest of the South stand woke up from their slumber to join me and the other 10 or so people singing, because they realised our last distant auto hopes were on the line, that the players started to look a little bit better and make a few chances?

Funny that eh?

Then when we hadn't scored after 5 minutes everyone went back to sleep again. "Sing your hearts out for the lads?" No? Nobody? Just me? Okay then...

​I don't think that would be better. They know they need to sort it out, they're not blind. They know we're upset too, that much is obvious. Leave the match, keep your gob shut, then get to the pub and moan about it with your mates over a pint if you have to. The players and staff need to feel supported and confident, not harassed and deflated.

​Fair do's, all I was trying to do was put across is a chant is less demoralizing for players to hear than booing. :)

Anyone notice that around 60 minutes in, when the rest of the South stand woke up from their slumber to join me and the other 10 or so people singing, because they realised our last distant auto hopes were on the line, that the players started to look a little bit better and make a few chances?

Funny that eh?

Then when we hadn't scored after 5 minutes everyone went back to sleep again. "Sing your hearts out for the lads?" No? Nobody? Just me? Okay then...

​Did anyone hear me shout, "Hey, Darren! How about you poke an equalizer in from a few yards out?" around the 91 minute mark? I don't want to take too much credit though because if I'd thought of doing this sooner we may have been able to go for the win.

I say we boo, when the players come out, when we score goals and we all get a designated player to follow home, to the supermarket and anywhere else they go and boo them till our throats are no more. 

If we get promoted then we boo louder than ever before because we can never be pleased because we are all ungrateful w*****s

​Did anyone hear me shout, "Hey, Darren! How about you poke an equalizer in from a few yards out?" around the 91 minute mark? I don't want to take too much credit though because if I'd thought of doing this sooner we may have been able to go for the win.

​No, nobody heard this because it didn't bloody happen! Fibber ;)

I heard it clear enough yesterday, though it didn't seem to be coming from anyone near me. Hard to know, but I'm not sure if it sounds worse because when there are a few boos, then other people boo at the people booing. A bit like when a minutes silence is being ruined by a very small minority, and then others ruin it even more, even though they don't mean to. 

Archived