What will happen to QPR?

Bridgford Ram

I heard that the football league has come up with 2 possible punishments and QPR will face 1 of the punishments as early as the 2015/16 season

a) They'll have to pay £58m by August 1st. They can pay their entire parachute payment in the instalments they receive them in. However as this is against rule 106a of the FFP they'll start the season on -58pts. 

Or 

b) The football league will send them a strongly worded letter asking them to not do it again. They'll ask them to pay £58m when they can afford it or in instalments spread over 300 years. They'll have a transfer embargo where they can't buy any players unless they sell one of their many expensive flops. The transfer embargo will cover September to December. Loans not included

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect that a fairly quick result of the legal challenge might be an injunction against the League taking any punitive action until such time said legal challenge is resolved.(although I'm no legal expert).

Perfect punishment for overspending and a wage bill like theirs is to impose a wage cap. They'd have to be within a certain allowance or face a heavy points deduction which would result in relegation anyway.

See how they do when they have to get rid of their big earners for free and end up with a side worse than Blackpool's.

What's the knock-on impact of the FL "refusing them entry"? For the sake of argument, if they "drop down to the conference" who do they replace in the conference?

And who becomes the 24th team in the Championship next season? The repercussions are enormous. They'd have to promote both the winners AND losers of every play-off final - which would make the play-off finals a bit weird. Or some might even say pointless

What's the knock-on impact of the FL "refusing them entry"? For the sake of argument, if they "drop down to the conference" who do they replace in the conference?

And who becomes the 24th team in the Championship next season? The repercussions are enormous. They'd have to promote both the winners AND losers of every play-off final - which would make the play-off finals a bit weird. Or some might even say pointless

Worth it though:thumbsup:

• 4 months later...

Why has there been no legal challenge from Forest or Blackburn? I don't understand why they should continue to struggle under embargo when the cheating scumbags at QPR have proved just how toothless the football league is, yet again.

Of course, it's not as if this should surprise anyone. Money talks and ethics walk. FFP was always populist bluster from football officials that they never intended to properly enforce.

Archived