England U21 v Germany U21

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I would argue that Spain were terrible at the world cup because del bosque kept faith with players past their peaks like xavi, iniesta, alonso, casillas instead of playing players who were in good form like koke, juanfran, de gea. Everyone forgets that spain won their last group game 3-0 when del bosque incorporated the so called younger players. Del Bosque knows he made a mistake and is now bringing in top draw young players like isco and morata. Spain will become a world force again. Their future midfield of Busquets, Koke, Thiago and Isco is scarily good. Wouldn't like to see Henderson and Delph against them. France will also come good. Everyone is talking about Kane but forgetting about Lacazette, who has been more impressive this season imo, but you don't see France hyping him up as the next Henry do you?

​It could, or it could tell us there is a real derth of quality strikers beyond Wayne Rooney pushing for an England spot.

I think England lack an identity more than most, and we'll never have one due to the huge diversity of the Premier League. English players should branch out and go abroad, but that would never happen because the PL pays so well.

Most Spanish/German/Italian clubs play a similar brand of football - can the same be said of PL clubs? Absolutely not.

It can't help when you get players like Wishere and the OX coming from possession-based Arsenal and players like Delph and Barkley coming from different styles. Henderson so used to adopting the high pressure approach whereas Carrick alongside him is so used to dropping deep and playing on the counter.

It's even worse for the younger players. Look at our U21 squad and a number of those players play for teams who just play percentage football - how is that good for player development? It isn't.

The England job is almost impossible - finding XI players to fit your own system when they all have different footballing backgrounds and ideas.

Things are looking a lot better than they have for a long time in my eyes, the u21 side is a lot better than it was a few years ago. More technical players and players that get proper first team game time.

I think some of this down play of our ability technically is a load bullshit anyway, James Milner has won the premier league and taken Bayern Munich apart, I bet you'd call him a plodder Bris? We need to get a style of play back for the national team, use our domestic leagues strengths to our advantage. The national team just has such a sense of apathy towards it now, we need to ditch that horrible brass band as well just brings back shitty memories.

Either way Spain were terrible at the WC and Germany's U21s are 50% 1st and 2nd generation immigrants, Klose and Podolski were Polish anyway. You can look at it in many different ways.

Things are looking a lot better than they have for a long time in my eyes, the u21 side is a lot better than it was a few years ago. More technical players and players that get proper first team game time.

I think some of this down play of our ability technically is a load bullshit anyway, James Milner has won the premier league and taken Bayern Munich apart, I bet you'd call him a plodder Bris? We need to get a style of play back for the national team, use our domestic leagues strengths to our advantage. The national team just has such a sense of apathy towards it now, we need to ditch that horrible brass band as well just brings back shitty memories.

Either way Spain were terrible at the WC and Germany's U21s are 50% 1st and 2nd generation immigrants, Klose and Podolski were Polish anyway. You can look at it in many different ways.

What the hell are you on rammyboy, you obviously don't know what the French media are saying. Get behind your national team, stop comparing them to Spain, who did just as bad as us in the world cup and are second in group c, behind Slovakia, even the Netherlands and Germany are doing worse than us in Europe. 

And England team was always full of hard workers, huffers and puffers who will do there best and maybe squeeze out win,

Right now we're transitioning into a team of technical players, this transition takes time. It takes time for youngsters taught right to make there way up to the first team.

Even the team on Friday night had far more technical players than Engalnd have had for a long time, all over the pitch.

We're getting better, there are no stand out teams in Europe at the minute. There all faltering and trying to find form, never really impressing. We can take advantage of that and have a good tournament if fans would stop wishing for us to lose or expecting us to walk the tournament. I have alot of time for Roy Hodgson, didnt think much of him when he first took the job but he has got England playing with a style, playing with speed and with good passing ability. He is also completely willing to bring through young players whilst still encouraging them to go with the U21s. He'll do alot of good and leave England in a good position for whomever comes after.

I didn't compare them, I pointed out that picking up silly bookings is not a fatal flaw in his game. I'd much rather he worked on arriving late to get on cutbacks, his right foot and his shooting than his tackling.

Then in 5 years time I can compare him to Scholes ;)

I didn't compare them, I pointed out that picking up silly bookings is not a fatal flaw in his game. I'd much rather he worked on arriving late to get on cutbacks, his right foot and his shooting than his tackling.

Then in 5 years time I can compare him to Scholes ;)

Archived