England U21 v Germany U21

Inverurie Ram

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I often wonder about this too. Topic for debate: Do you think if Ter Stegen was English he would be on the full England side's bench behind Hart? I do. I think we waste our young talent sometimes when we put them in the full England squad and then don't bloody play them. Leave them in the U21s then! I was so glad when I saw the England squad and Ings wasn't there. He doesn't need to be, he wouldn't play. Leave him in the U21s until he's ready.

​I often wonder about this too. Topic for debate: Do you think if Ter Stegen was English he would be on the full England side's bench behind Hart? I do. I think we waste our young talent sometimes when we put them in the full England squad and then don't bloody play them. Leave them in the U21s then! I was so glad when I saw the England squad and Ings wasn't there. He doesn't need to be, he wouldn't play. Leave him in the U21s until he's ready.

​Well Butland never makes the first team squad usually, which is good for him. Hodgson said the other day that Southgate can have whatever U21 players he wants for the tournament, he wants them to play which can only be good for the English game. 

Butland is in the full squad but he's 22 now anyway. Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain has been in almost every England squad he's been fit for but only has 20 caps. Too good for the U21s? Maybe, but also too good to sit on the bench. Chambers, Shaw and Stones also recently been taken from the U21s and done nothing.

Archived