I was happy with last night...

IlsonDerby

I can't fault the performance of 9 players on that pitch last night. I think we tried a new system with two deeper midfielders and more attackers running at their defence and I think it paid dividends. 

It it was the first derby performance in some time I've really enjoyed and we were only a rub of the green away from getting that one goal we need to kick start things. 

Forsyth is on borrowed time for me now and this comes from someone who has personally fought his corner for him against other derby fans fans at the ipro. Granty needs to get his head in the game, that is the worst error I have seen from a derby county keeper and I've seen petrol score from the half way line nearly... Why go to punch it when he is under no pressure?! 

But out back to the positives, yesterday's performance was by all accounts very good for me, the system worked and had we not gifted them two goals allowing them to sit back and flood the midfield we would have gone on and won. Essentially I can't blame mac or the team for putting in a performance like that only to be let down by two individual horror shows. 

It's looking likely that by the end if this weekend we will be 5 points off autos with 7 to play including one of the top two teams. Get Martin and Thorne back during the international break and things are starting to look good again. 

I only have this optimism because I felt like we were back to playing some really good stuff last night and it felt like Bryson finally woke up! 

7 games to play, 5 points to try and pull back, let's enjoy the end of what has been a very entertaining season and whatever it may bring. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Granty needs to get his head in the game, that is the worst error I have seen from a derby county keeper and I've seen petrol score from the half way line nearly... Why go to punch it when he is under no pressure?! 

​Forsyth kicked it, not Keogh. You just wish it was Keogh so you could moan about his defending even though he did well yesterday.

And this isn't true. not a deliberate pass back, was an attempted clearance so he is fine to catch it and even if it was deemed deliberate he wouldn't have been able to punch it either.

​Forsyth kicked it, not Keogh. You just wish it was Keogh so you could moan about his defending even though he did well yesterday.

And this isn't true. not a deliberate pass back, was an attempted clearance so he is fine to catch it and even if it was deemed deliberate he wouldn't have been able to punch it either.

Sith Happens

I saw loads last night to be positive about, we were unlucky no doubt, not just the decision before half time, but some good saves, hitting the woodwork.

Autos might be a bit much, but you never know....if results stay as they are, big 6 pointer against Watford. Get CM and GT back after the break, push on....have a great run and maybe snatch 2nd, or if not go into the play offs in good form.

​Woah, easy there, I genuinely thought it was Keogh. I'm not here to slate him at all. Watched it again and Grant did have a striker on him but yeah, should have caught it. He even said that though  and he's admitted to his error, and on the balance of the season he's saved us more than he's cost us.

​Woah, easy there, I genuinely thought it was Keogh. I'm not here to slate him at all. Watched it again and Grant did have a striker on him but yeah, should have caught it. He even said that though  and he's admitted to his error, and on the balance of the season he's saved us more than he's cost us.

Sadly, Keogh was busy falling to the floor, nudging the striker onto Grant, who then fumbled. Keogh should've stayed on his feet and held the striker off, allowing Grant to catch or punch properly. No excuses mind, Grant should've gone for the catch.

Archived