2 Seasons Running - Same Brutal Loss of Form

Yani P

Are people actually going to these games? Can't believe what I am reading! Did you even go last night or did you listen in your comfort of the sofa thinking what could of happened.

We played really well last night the only thing we did not do is score the performance was there. Against Brummies we played well good football etc. Norwich wasn't to bad either we shown we can acually defend (Which I also seen at parts last night). Against Brighton we demolished them again conceded 2 goals it should of been over by then.

If we didn't put the peformances in then fair enough i'd be negative right now but the peformances have been hungry in them games and good football just missing a goal scorer.

Win on Friday and we have our best players back for Watford beat them then we're back in for top 2 funny league huh. Wolves is important as we may not have Thorne and Martin still get a result then these two will be back and we may start a run.

Just hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are people actually going to these games? Can't believe what I am reading! Did you even go last night or did you listen in your comfort of the sofa thinking what could of happened.

We played really well last night the only thing we did not do is score the performance was there. Against Brummies we played well good football etc. Norwich wasn't to bad either we shown we can acually defend (Which I also seen at parts last night). Against Brighton we demolished them again conceded 2 goals it should of been over by then.

If we didn't put the peformances in then fair enough i'd be negative right now but the peformances have been hungry in them games and good football just missing a goal scorer.

Win on Friday and we have our best players back for Watford beat them then we're back in for top 2 funny league huh. Wolves is important as we may not have Thorne and Martin still get a result then these two will be back and we may start a run.

Just hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We did not play well last night, in the first half there was a period where the ball was in the air for about 10 consistent minutes, Boro weren't great either but they could have won 3-0 due to errors from our defence. Their goal was from Christie attempting a pass down the line and giving it to one of their players to run through then play in Bamford.

What is worrying is the fact that we aren't even trying to play our usual football but consistently hoofing it up to Russell who gets bossed off the ball almost everytime, I thought we might have switched formation earlier in the second half seeing as against Norwich the exact same thing happened. Yes we are missing a couple of key players but this doesn't mean we have to hoof it up to our striker which is what we never normally do, last night was a horrible game to watch.

We can't play the whole pass it on the floor for the striker to hold it up. It's not Russells game.

We have to hit it in the channels for him to run onto as he's not going to win many in the air for sure. Hense the change of play for long balls to the wings for people to run onto. Stick Raul up front to hold the ball up (Joking of course..).

How are they getting worse? 

Did you see the Brighton or Brum game? 

Good performances. Bad results. Again  tonight,  good effort and performance from both sides. We're missing our focal point and top scorer. It showed a bit. 

​Sorry Alpha.  Good effort, yes.  Good performance?  Not sure that is justifiable.  Hardly troubled their keeper and looked toothless up front until Thomas and Lingard came on.  Brum, I agree with.  We played them off the bloodie park.

May be the same loss of form as last season at a similar time, but we're not chasing Burnley or Leicester this time. We're chasing teams we've beaten - and beaten convincingly (we seem to have dropped the Watford result from memory for some reason). No one is going to pull away like those teams did.

As for "losing our attacking threat since Fulham" - is that for real? Cor, if you told me we were a team without any fit centre forwards, I might believe you...

We look like a good side missing 5 players in 2 key positions (that's Martin, Bent, Thorne, Eustace and Omar in case you were wondering). The only option left is to either play academy players (one of which in Thomas has hardly set the world on fire, at any level), or play first teamers out of position (Warnock at CDM, anyone? That would have had Karanka worried...).

A few people say we should change formation. What to? How about 4-4-2 with Thomas and Russell? 4-6-0 with Buxton as a false nine?

We're arguing about which inexperienced U21 players should play where. Someone suggested bringing in Rickie Lambert on loan. Then Emanuel Adebayor. Surely when things are getting that daft, you realise how desperately unusual our predicament is? It's such a shame that we have to find someone or something to 'blame', when in reality, we're unfortunate enough to be suffering from a perfect storm of injured players and a fixture congestion against our promotion rivals.

OK so now we are 2 points worse than last season so the bad run has eclipsed last season (didnt think that was possible..

We ended last season LWWWWWD

I honestly believe we will go WWWWWWW this season

Sadly that will probably only get us a play off spot..

This side reminds me a bit of the 1993/94 side that missed out in the play offs - loads of talent but can't quite deliver when the chips are down. It wasn't until that side was rebuilt that we went up in 1995/96. I've half a feeling if we miss out this time there may be some big changes in the summer and we'll come back stronger.

Having said that McClaren may point to the injuries and go again with the same team...

And before anyone says anything, yes the splinters in my ****from sitting on the fence do come keen :-)

Archived