Our Midfield

YorkshireRam

All 3 of the midfielders that started today came through our academy: Hughes, Hendrick and Hanson. What an incredible achievement for the club! 

What's more, today, we produced a performance against a side scattered with PL quality throughout the squad. Those 3 today: battled, fought and came away with a terrific point.

How many other clubs in this league can boast that sort of homegrown talent? 
I think this stat shows just how far we've progressed in recent years and what a promising future we have.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Academy has really come good - if there is anything Nigel Cough did  at all for the club is getting Darren Wassall and the academy sorted out. I seem to remember Clough once saying something along the lines of "it should be ringfenced when we (Clough's management team) are gone. 

It's one of the shining lights of our club and the CAT 1 status should help with attracting prospects over the next few years.

​Did you honestly expect him to though?

In a game where Norwich's game plan was to attempt to nullify our midfield by over-crowding it; even Hughes didn't stand out today.

Today's game was where we needed someone to screen the back 4 and not be afraid of putting a challenge in, Hanson did that brilliantly, in fact, far better than Mascarell does. 

He did exactly what we needed him to do.

The Academy has really come good - if there is anything Nigel Cough did  at all for the club is getting Darren Wassall and the academy sorted out. I seem to remember Clough once saying something along the lines of "it should be ringfenced when we (Clough's management team) are gone. 

It's one of the shining lights of our club and the CAT 1 status should help with attracting prospects over the next few years.

Proud to be a Ram fan, nice to see another academy in the side due other player injured. Hopefully we'll see more coming through from academy.

Archived