lt's tight at the top.

Archie

With just 6 points separating the top six, has it ever been this tight at this time of the season? Squeeky bum finish to the season on the horizon with teams looking like they'll be chopping and changing until the death. Let's not get complacent, a few iffy results could see any team slip out the top half dozen. Nothing won yet. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great isn't it?

But I still maintain it's so tight because the quality for 2/3 of the division is so poor. 

Not only are the top six so strong at present, but their GD is just ridiculous. There is like a 42 goal swing between us and a fellow team (Huddersfield) in the top half - that's insane.

A couple of seasons ago Hull City got promoted on 79 points with a +9 GD. I'd imagine sixth spot will actually get more than that this season.

Remarkable (Jeff) that no one is falling away. If you project season-long form to the end of the season, the lowest playoff position will have 82/83 points! Surely nothing like this has ever happened before?

I so hope the gumps win tomorrow, not just because it would knock Bournemouth back, but because some of them genuinely seem to believe they have some kind of chance of still making the playoffs. In football, it's the hope that kills you, and the closer they get, the more they'll hate physco for ruining their season when that hope finally evaporates.

This season there are 8 decent Championship teams and everyone else is an also-ran. The team in 9th (whoever that is) is 15 points off the playoffs but only 13 above the relegation zone!

Not  only is it ours to throw away but there is still a chance that we may not even make the play offs! Which is a concern considering we have no fit cf or decent cdm. Even though I know it does not work think Hughes should move to cdm at least he can pass.

Not  only is it ours to throw away but there is still a chance that we may not even make the play offs! Which is a concern considering we have no fit cf or decent cdm. Even though I know it does not work think Hughes should move to cdm at least he can pass.

There are so many games between all of the top teams to play. It's anyone's call between the top 5 now. I think outside of that the other teams just are not strong or good enough to win enough. 12 games left, I can't see Ipswich winning two more than us. Bournemouth play Wolves next, loose that and us win our next game along with another team above them and then I think it becomes a 4 horse race. 

PistoldPete2

Yes but even a four horse race is unusual , look at last year we were 6 points behind burnley this time last year and fester ran away with it

Archived