Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

39 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You know where this is going too don't you? 

Ngannou (that how you spell it?) and Joyce. Then revisit Usyk. 

Ngannou will make a fortune which is a joke. Then Joyce will get punched in the face for 12 rounds before losing on points. IF he did pull off an upset then Frank has a wealthy rematch on his hands and the belt remains in his stable. 

Betya

Conor McGregor started it.

KSI and Jake Paul took it further to another level.

Now you have Ngannou and Diaz leaving the UFC to explore other options, which will be boxing, maybe against a pro or a YouTuber.

It’s created a huge s*** show now of pointless fights now. 

Minecraft servers, CS:GO skins, Crypto, NFT, Boxing it’s kinda sad whilst impressive how they can jump from one thing to another and milk these kids dry.

48 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The thing is I think Fury beats them all.

This! 

Fury has everything (maybe except an explosive punch). Some of it is learned, some of it is just God given (if God made the boar, but he's still a big old unit without it). He's like the dog on the bridge with the bone in his mouth (it's an Aesop's fable - feel free to look it up if you don't know it) and he's barked so loud he's ended up with nothing. And surely even Tyson can work out that 50% of something is a fair size bigger than 100% of nothing plus, as others have said, his legacy is shot. Instead, in a hundred years his gravestone may well read "Here lies Tyson Fury, who blew the chance to be regarded as one of the greatest heavyweights from outside the US". Beat Usyk, Joshua, Joyce, a couple of others and his record holds up - even if you'd never quite get me to put him ahead of Lennox on any list like that.

Tyson Fury originally put in the rematch clause, and now he wants rid because Usyk called his 70/30 bluff.

If there is to be a rematch, I can understand 70-30 again for Fury if he wins. But if Usyk wins the first fight, he has every right to expect the split to be in his favor at least 60-40 and at the very worst a 50-50 split.

Fury wanting more just smacks of a guy putting in too many obstacles to realistically want the fight.

At least the public aren’t falling for it this time.

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

Well that Okolie fight is an hour of my life I'm not getting back. I know he's awkward, I know he's fast but Jeez he's boring to watch.

Eddie Hearn recently mentioned in the Talksport interview that he was in deep red when it comes to Okolie.

I guess it’s a struggle if you have a bland personality and your key strengths are jabbing and grappling.

The division is shockingly poor too.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

The division is shockingly poor too.

Allowing Badou Jack to reinvent himself as a world beater. I thought he'd long since be watching all this from the comfort of his sofa but instead he's beefed up a bit and made hay.

I felt alone when I was cheering on Chamberlain when he fought Okolie. So many people were Okolie fans back then like he was a mini AJ. 

He was a school bully I think? That's his background? 

His arrogance in the Chamberlain beef really wound me up too since Isaac Chamberlain always came across a decent lad. 

Can't help but laugh now he's getting some grief. He's got some power though, you know. Just seems to be like Wilder in that he's all over the place. Scrappy awkward gangly mess. 

Didn't realise he left Hearn tbh 

21 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Allowing Badou Jack to reinvent himself as a world beater. I thought he'd long since be watching all this from the comfort of his sofa but instead he's beefed up a bit and made hay.

Nah. This is a 3/4 fight precision raid, driven by the belief that has the beating of the current guys. Might be making overtures to Opetaia, but my hunch is that neither Opetaia nor Okolie will fancy him, leaving Briedis, I'd guess, who is tailor made for BJ.

For me, he outclasses Briedis, then he's left with Opetaia and Okolie and he's comfortably better than both. 

23 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Nah. This is a 3/4 fight precision raid, driven by the belief that has the beating of the current guys. Might be making overtures to Opetaia, but my hunch is that neither Opetaia nor Okolie will fancy him, leaving Briedis, I'd guess, who is tailor made for BJ.

For me, he outclasses Briedis, then he's left with Opetaia and Okolie and he's comfortably better than both. 

Maybe I should have said he's beefed up and can make Haye instead. What I would say about Badou is that he is tough and prepared to dig deep, not sure I see Okolie fancying a real scrap, that schoolyard bully might not have it in him.

With such a weak division wondering if Bivol might fancy the lure of stepping up - or is the Beterbiev fight the reason to hang around?

14 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Maybe I should have said he's beefed up and can make Haye instead.

Could have I suppose, but my reference was to the suggestion that Badou is trying to 'reinvent himself as a world beater' which is unsubstantiated arse biscuits. Likewise the implication that he is being 'allowed' to do so, presumably in your estimation, when othjer fighters are not. Seems a chippy and pointless observation, but if you've no respect for the man, that's your prerogative. Badou won't be losing any sleep.

43 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Could have I suppose, but my reference was to the suggestion that Badou is trying to 'reinvent himself as a world beater' which is unsubstantiated arse biscuits. Likewise the implication that he is being 'allowed' to do so, presumably in your estimation, when othjer fighters are not. Seems a chippy and pointless observation, but if you've no respect for the man, that's your prerogative. Badou won't be losing any sleep.

You OK hun?

Watched that Wilder vid of him working the mitts. 

I know when he steps in the ring he'll be the same fighter he always is but that power he has is impressive whenever you see it. 

How tf does he generate so much? It's a bit freaky. 

Those wild haymakers he always missed with... Imagine if they landed. 

Most his KO's are quite short and snappy shots. And he puts people to sleep 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Watched that Wilder vid of him working the mitts. 

I know when he steps in the ring he'll be the same fighter he always is but that power he has is impressive whenever you see it. 

How tf does he generate so much? It's a bit freaky. 

Those wild haymakers he always missed with... Imagine if they landed. 

Most his KO's are quite short and snappy shots. And he puts people to sleep 

Christ on a bike that bloke can whinge 

“A lot of people say to me with Fury – there’s a place and a time for all things. Of course I can’t stand that motherf***er. They know what’s up. He’s a cheater. I know a lot of things. A lot of people know a lot of things.”

“But we in a place … this is a peaceful ground. I don’t like you, but I can come and let you know I’m here and I see you. We can coexist with each other – you stay over there I stay over here.”

He got hammered well and truly on 3 occasions really as he also lost the first.  More movement in a block of cement.

7 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Christ on a bike that bloke can whinge 

“A lot of people say to me with Fury – there’s a place and a time for all things. Of course I can’t stand that motherf***er. They know what’s up. He’s a cheater. I know a lot of things. A lot of people know a lot of things.”

“But we in a place … this is a peaceful ground. I don’t like you, but I can come and let you know I’m here and I see you. We can coexist with each other – you stay over there I stay over here.”

He got hammered well and truly on 3 occasions really as he also lost the first.  More movement in a block of cement.

Wilder was too naive. He was put up on a pedestal because he was the WBC champion through knocking out mediocre opposition. Before Fury, his best opponent was probably a 45-year-old Ortiz who barely made the top 10.

He has no boxing skills because he never needed boxing skills.

Against Fury it showed. No ring craft. He really should have beaten Fury in the first fight. But he let him off the hook because he couldn’t close the ring. The other fights he just allowed Fury to lean all over him. I think that is why he calls him a cheat. All that leaning, roughing up on the inside, rabbit punches. Wilder didn’t know how to handle it. 

I’d love to see him against AJ. That 100% would not go 12 rounds. It would be so explosive.

Fury called out by AJ too. How many times is that now? If he tagged AJ, I'm sure he'd be able to clean him up, but I don't see that fight happening either, as AJ's power makes him dangerous. Also, flopping all over an opponent like a huge, pasty sealion isn't as easy against someone of AJ's size and strength as it is with our Derek. Most likely Fury will just hang about until he can tempt Chisora back to be hugged unconscious in 'fight of the century part 4', then be straight off on his toes. Small mercies.

Anyone recommend any decent boxing podcasts? Getting fed up with the 5live one, a week of build up for the AJ fight and no mention of other bouts! Plus i cringe so hard my face falls off when i hear buncey interview women boxers!