Boxing Thread

AmericanRam

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Too many eggs, huh?

Well, we've all been there and the doozy that was the wild boar excuse had already been rolled out. Honestly, I guess we'll never really know, but boxing seems to be just another sport that is doing its utmost to eat itself whilst treating fans with borderline contempt. 

If you find a sport that's ran by people who understand the fans and are actually fans of the sport themselves then please let me know. 

The most blatant cheating can be swept under the carpet right in front of your eyes in F1, football, boxing... 

And when they all start talking about reputation, fans best interests and such you can guarantee they're plotting a way to milk the s*** out of us

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If you find a sport that's ran by people who understand the fans and are actually fans of the sport themselves then please let me know. 

The most blatant cheating can be swept under the carpet right in front of your eyes in F1, football, boxing... 

And when they all start talking about reputation, fans best interests and such you can guarantee they're plotting a way to milk the s*** out of us

Found one...

16 hours ago, Alpha said:

New Pizza Hut Connor Benn special 

117C7044-7D56-4F78-A787-48A75C28C34B.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Might start a diet of Mexican beef, wild boar meat and eggs. That'll all I need to do to become one of the best boxers right?

Eggs yet to show the benefits of the other two so maybe stick with beef and boar for now ?

General note - been thinking about the Paul vs Fury fight and I've decided that as they are both absolute throbbers, the perfect result would be them smashing each other's faces in then post-fight samples showing that they've been on the Conor Benn diet.

Winner, winner, eggs for dinner...

59 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Eggs yet to show the benefits of the other two so maybe stick with beef and boar for now ?

General note - been thinking about the Paul vs Fury fight and I've decided that as they are both absolute throbbers, the perfect result would be them smashing each other's faces in then post-fight samples showing that they've been on the Conor Benn diet.

Tommy doesn’t seem a bad lad tbf.

58 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

been thinking about the Paul vs Fury fight and I've decided that as they are both absolute throbbers, the perfect result would be them smashing each other's faces in then post-fight samples showing that they've been on the Conor Benn diet.

Just seen a video of the press conference of them "agreeing" that whoever wins will get the other person's purse. But it was in fact John Fury agreeing on behalf of Tommy and Tommy looked at him like wtf are you doing, which is leaning me towards that Jake Paul is going to win.

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Tommy doesn’t seem a bad lad tbf.

Tommy seems okay, but I don't really love the way he speaks as if he has an amazing resume or any big wins. He has only fought pretty atrocious fighters. Jake Paul is clearly a knob, but brings a bit of entertainment value and has a better resume

16 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Just seen a video of the press conference of them "agreeing" that whoever wins will get the other person's purse. But it was in fact John Fury agreeing on behalf of Tommy and Tommy looked at him like wtf are you doing, which is leaning me towards that Jake Paul is going to win.

Tommy does not look happy that his dad accepted that ?. I wonder if he'll be able to handle the occasion.

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

On the plus side, the winner will be known as the diarrhoea champ.

Where I do give credit is to Jake Paul's ability to promote nothing fights. We're all chattering away and while it's another crap match up, he'll make his millions. I'd take the all or nothing stuff as the BS it undoubtedly is though. Staged AF. Tommy gets dropped but earns a fat cheque on the side is my fight prediction. What are the odds on that? ?

The script is clearly fake, talks about Tommy Fury having an eye injury, can’t open it, not sure how you can script that kind of thing.

Saying that, it’s also clearly a circus and wouldn’t be surprised if he’s been paid to take a fall.

This is the guy who put boxing aside to go on Love Island, should be nowhere near sports channels. Embarrassing it’s gaining more attention than legitimate boxers that have worked their arses off fighting in front of small crowds for peanuts.